Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Technowolf posted:

Clay Jones

All right, I will admit, out of all the things to come out of this thread I did not have "Jones making a Tribes: Ascend reference" on my bingo card.

SHAZBOT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Sadly, given the ages involved it's probably a Mork and Mindy reference

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Using Human Shields Is Unfair

Ted Rall posted:

A frequent talking points that Israel is their complaint that Hamas uses civilians as human shields. Of course, this ignores the fact that it’s difficult to build infrastructure away from civilians in a densely-populated urban environment like the Gaza Strip.

First Dog on the Moon: People who build wind turbines at sea do not care if whales live or die. Monsters!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Kikas posted:

All right, I will admit, out of all the things to come out of this thread I did not have "Jones making a Tribes: Ascend reference" on my bingo card.

SHAZBOT.

Vote Trump Sandrakers
No
I've got the flag
No!
I am the greatest

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Anidav posted:

Vote Trump Sandrakers
No
I've got the flag
No!
I am the greatest

Woo-hoo!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Using Human Shields Is Unfair

First Dog on the Moon: People who build wind turbines at sea do not care if whales live or die. Monsters!

Aight, I did kinda get a laugh out of "HAMAS Evil Incoprorated building" . Also, a rare Trump by First Dog on the Moon. And I get their point but... aren't small nuclear reactors better than wind turbines? I am unsure how much better are offshore ones, as I know they are loving GIGANTIC when compared with their land counterparts, but surely they cannot match the green rock energy output.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kikas posted:

Aight, I did kinda get a laugh out of "HAMAS Evil Incoprorated building" . Also, a rare Trump by First Dog on the Moon. And I get their point but... aren't small nuclear reactors better than wind turbines? I am unsure how much better are offshore ones, as I know they are loving GIGANTIC when compared with their land counterparts, but surely they cannot match the green rock energy output.

s'not an either or. The construction of it as such is part of the delay playbook.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Sadly, given the ages involved it's probably a Mork and Mindy reference

Eh, there's also a Classic Simpsons reference in there, so the "is it Tribes or a late 70s/early 80s TV show starring Robin Williams" question could probably go either way.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Kikas posted:

Woo-hoo!

Economically, even on shore wind outcompetes nuclear. Companies will pay for the privilege of being allowed to erect turbines.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

This is a delight, I only just spotted the Planet Express ship. Plus that alien cat :allears:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

ungulateman posted:

how long has ian miles cheong been carrying water for nazis? same with ben shapiro, though he's at least smart enough to stop calling people nazis when he starts supporting them, like trump in 2016. it's not that surprising, even if it seems deeply stupid.

Cheong lives in Malaysia and is just doing it for money, he has no skin in the game since a white supremacist America is unlikely to affect him personally.

Ben is much too wealthy to care, also he supports guys like Trump who is racist but in a crass rear end in a top hat way, and is not a conscious ideological anti-semite who wants to kill every Jewish person (Trump's son-in-law is Jewish). Trump would never be a threat to Ben personally.

Both those guys are just cynical and greedy, then make way more sense than Ishida will seems to be a true believer and has turned his comic into insane Nazi screeds at great personal and financial cost.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

Ms Adequate posted:

This is a delight, I only just spotted the Planet Express ship. Plus that alien cat :allears:
And the Jewish space lasers at the bottom, perfection.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Kellies Nomination: Best overall. No unneeded labels, a simple, effective visual statement. Credit where it's due.

Technowolf posted:

Jeff Danziger

Kellies Nominaition: Worst characature. That looks more like Senator Armstrong from Rising than it does McConnell.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Neito posted:

Kellies Nominaition: Worst characature. That looks more like Senator Armstrong from Rising than it does McConnell.
”COURT APPOINTMENTS, SON” screamed McConnell as he has Jack illegally jailed until it’s ruled constitutional in a 6-3 decision.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Macron’s Gaza ceasefire call – The French president has said there is ‘no justification’ for the Israeli bombardment"

Telegraph:

Supreme Court to rule on Rwanda migrant policy next week

Times:

Suella Braverman sacked: I have more to say, she warns

Evening Standard:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1724125026360713348?t=U1uDWXbO790E4tnYyVnPeA&s=19

New Kelly

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Attorney-general Mark Dreyfus with David McBride: Trial of military whistleblower David McBride, who leaked secret allegations of Australian war crimes, begins (ABC).

Le Lievre:

Wilcox:

Rowe:

Communications minister Michele Rowland, with Anthony Albanese and treasurer Jim Chalmers.
Calls for crackdown amid report gambling lobbyists ‘wined and dined’ minister Michelle Rowland (Guardian).

Leak, Son of Leak:

Albanese and the foreign minister Penny Wong.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/mluckovichajc/status/1724179390483849394?t=ZUO5JkkZJ8hdTQRewphbjw&s=19

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting, Worst Opposite of Reality, Worst Cope.

Just flagrantly disingenuous bullshit on this one.
"Everything I don't like is a right wing op :arghfist::saddowns:"

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

the_steve posted:

https://twitter.com/mluckovichajc/status/1724179390483849394?t=ZUO5JkkZJ8hdTQRewphbjw&s=19

I'll be voting Cornel West and voting Biden or Trump was never part of the equation for me

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Matt Wuerker

Amjad Rasmi

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

the_steve posted:

They know full well that what they're doing is likely to swing the election to Trump. (RFK Jr. might debatably pull away more Trump voters but more likely it will just be people who otherwise wouldn't vote.) I don't like our two party system any more than you do but everyone knows how it works and until we amend the Constitution to implement ranked choice voting a vote for a third party/independent candidate is a vote for the major-party candidate that you really don't want to see win.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

THE GOP VOTER WALL OF FRUSTRATION
Cartoon published 11/13/2023

Vivek Ramaswamy delivered a complete thrashing of Ronna McDaniel at the third GOP debate. Ronna was in attendance and Vivek blasted her in front of her face, citing her terrible Republican National Committee leadership. Ronna McDaniel called Vivek an ‘a__hole’ and then she sought solace on the fake news shows.

Smiling Ronna pleaded her case on Meet the Press that the RNC was doing its job and she is doing the best she can with the unelectable and extreme MAGA candidates that are running for office. In fact. if they didn’t have so many unpopular policies such as secure borders, then they would have been elected. You see, it was their fault for their terrible performance in the last election, not Ronna’s or the RNC’s.

The lady doth protest too much.

Never Miss A New Cartoon! Sign Up Today For Our GrrrNEWS cartoon newsletter-It’s Free and Easy!

The truth of the matter is Ronna won’t give America First candidates one thin dime from the RNC to help their campaigns. She’s planning on defunding Vivek in retaliation for him being right over the target. RINOs only seems to be RNC’s motto. Only RINOs get fed the cash. They are selected, not elected.

Republican voters feel like they are beating their heads against an RNC brick wall at every election. The RNC listens to globalist big money donors, not their ‘America First’ voter base. This has been the case for decades. They easily marginalized and cheated non-swamp candidates such as Ron Paul. Then Trump came along and upset their rotten applecart.

Keep Us Drawing- Support our work with a small donation, click to donate!

Speaking of rotten, the FBI has revealed themselves many times over to be a corrupt, rogue agency—they’re the muscle of the Deep State Swamp. That swamp is about to become deeper if $3.5 billion in funding is approved for their new headquarters. There are a great many Republicans in Congress who support this and each should be vilified. Ronna naturally prefers RINO, Uniparty Republicans. You know, the kind Karl Rove likes as well. Republicans such as Romney, Cheney, and McCain. We need a sea change in the Republican party. We need to break up the FBI, not reward them with new digs.

After lambasting Ronna, Vivek invited her to come up on the stage and resign. Horrors! Ronna is big mad now. She won’t resign because it’s not her fault—it’s yours for not doing as you’re told. She blames her fiasco on MAGA voters who prefer MAGA candidates whom she will not support with funding.

ORDER YOUR 2024 BEN GARRISON CALENDAR TODAY!
With Ronna as the RNC Chairwoman, don’t expect 2024 to be any different. Trump must be reelected before we can truly see change—and that requires a shakeup and shakeout of the RINOs in the party. Including Ronna McDaniel.

— The GrrrTeam
Hmm yes the head of the RNC wants to promote candidates who actually have a chance of winning, this is perfidy of the highest order

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

They know full well that what they're doing is likely to swing the election to Trump. (RFK Jr. might debatably pull away more Trump voters but more likely it will just be people who otherwise wouldn't vote.) I don't like our two party system any more than you do but everyone knows how it works and until we amend the Constitution to implement ranked choice voting a vote for a third party/independent candidate is a vote for the major-party candidate that you really don't want to see win.

RFK Jr's team at least got the memo; until recently they were straight up employing Rhonda Rohrabacher, but my understanding is she and most of the field staff left very recently.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

To no one's surprise, the report in question is from the House judiciary committee.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Those obviously evil and antisemitic slogans, "stop killing civilians" and "stop the bloodshed"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

the_steve posted:

Really? You're standing up for known frauds Jill Stein and RFK Jr.?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Great point! Republicans are out for blood and will not stop until they have violent control. It is very much like a liberal to misguidedly believe conservatives ultimately want the same things they do, and are simply misled or confused. Hearing someone say "I want your entire minority group to be put to death" and thinking "hmm, they just haven't had liberal values explained to them properly yet" is a very liberal impulse!

Oh, sorry, hold on, this comic is about minorities and foreigners isn't it

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

No, that's a failure to understand basic math.

You see, a vote for a third party is a vote for a third party. It adds one vote to that specific candidate's total.

It does not subtract a vote from Joe Biden because I was never going to vote for him.
It does not add a vote to Trump because I was never going to vote for him.

There is no "Well technically, well actually..." handwringing Voter Math. There is no electoral wizard who will enchant my ballot to someone else's name.
More than likely, my ballot will be thrown out because the Dems managed to get the third party candidates I actually like removed from the ballot and it will end up being zero vote added to anyone because they will ignore my write-in vote, but that's a different debate altogether.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Really? You're standing up for known frauds Jill Stein and RFK Jr.?

Pretty much, yeah. I firmly believe that people have the right to vote for whoever the hell they want, whether I personally agree with them or not.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 14, 2023

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Conservatives are bloodthirsty predator assholes that want nothing more than to kill all liberals. AGC.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting. The only accurate part of that cartoon is Biden's gormless smile as he tells the Israelis to go ahead and drop another billion worth of bombs on Gaza, with his blessing.

Anyway, apologies for falling off for a bit with my weekday scrapes. Had some things going on that made me decide that I had better things to do with my mental energy than wallowing in the visual diarrhoea of the Brancos and Stigliches of the world.

A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Chip Bok

Gary Markstein

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

John Deering

Kellies Nomination: Worst Attempt at a Rhyme (Demise does not rhyme with Twice! :doom:)

quote:

Michael Ramirez

Kellies Nomination: Most Tortured Metaphor

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How loving dare you introduce yourself to me. Allow me to tell you, a stranger I know nothing about, that you are everything wrong with this country.
Anyway I'm a good person.

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Weird cartoon to make after calling your opponents antisemites for a month but go off

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

Mike Luckovich

Michael Ramirez

Steve Kelley

It's crazy how Jill Biden got away with providing material support to organisations who tried to overthrow the US government when she didnt like the outcome of the elections.

Tom Stiglich

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Oh no! The Democrats are looking at the economy in terms of what people want to consume! This is bad somehow!

Edit: whipped up a handy dandy diagram for Branco et al. using all the effort it deserves.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 14, 2023

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

In AV form:

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

What the actual gently caress is this "MAGA as crucified Jesus Christ" metaphor? Jeff Danziger isn't a MAGA, is he...?

Or is he going for "MAGA as one of the many other victims crucified by the Roman Empire"...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Victar posted:

What the actual gently caress is this "MAGA as crucified Jesus Christ" metaphor? Jeff Danziger isn't a MAGA, is he...?

Or is he going for "MAGA as one of the many other victims crucified by the Roman Empire"...?

I think the idea is Speaker Johnson has placed the MAGA hat on Jesus