Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

blizzardvizard posted:

Ruan Mei's Skill buffs party SPD and Break Efficiency for 2 of her turns, while her Ult creates a field that increases All-type PEN for 2 of her turns and notably extends Weakness Break duration. Her Talent and Traces boost generic damage and Break Effect damage, and she also buffs ally damage further when attacking weakness broken enemies. Basically custom-made for Kafka teams.

It should be noted that all her damage scales with Break Effect even though her only way to actually break things on her own is her normal attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

Aww Xueyi's kit is the same as the initial leak. That's sad. She's the character I'm the most sad is a 4* because at least Hanya has a purpose as a buffer. I want Xueyi to be good because she's so pretty. Alas.
she seems fine?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

of the 4*s theyve put out since launch only luka is kinda whatever. and hes still totally good and usable if you like him. if anything the power level of 4*s has gone up since launch, not down

If it turns out anything like Genshin, all the 1.x 4*s will range from solid to insanely overtuned. It was only in 2.x we started getting the weird gimmicky niche 4*s that need certain 5*s and basically all their cons to function properly.

lol, devs trolling me for liking kafka and topaz but not giving them money for jades for their supports. well played, hoyo... .

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endorph posted:

she seems fine?

I guess her follow up does trigger off allies depleting toughness too so she can be a subdps. And her skill numbers are really mediocre. Wonder how expensive her ult is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually looking at xueyi she seems, REALLY good

quote:

Level 10: Divine Punishment

Deals Quantum DMG equal to 250% of Xueyi's ATK to a single enemy. This attack ignores Weakness Types and depletes the target's Toughness. When the enemy's Weakness is Broken, the Quantum Weakness Break Effect is triggered.

The more Toughness is depleted, the higher the DMG dealt for this attack, up to a max of 60%.

Level 10: Ten-Lord's Verdict of Karmic Atonement

Add stacks of "Karma" when Xueyi's attacks depletes a target's Toughness, with more stacks added in relation to the amount of Toughness depleted, for a max of 8 stacks.

When Xueyi's allies deplete a target's Toughness with an attack, she will gain 1 stack of "Karma."

When "Karma" reaches the max number of stacks, a follow-up attack will be inflicted on a target, dealing Quantum DMG for 3 times, with each hit of DMG inflicted on a single enemy target equal to 90% of Xueyi's ATK. This follow-up attack will not add "Karma" stacks.

Passives:

Loom of Omen: Increases DMG dealt by this unit by an amount equal to 100% of this unit's Break Effect. DMG can be increased by to a maximum of 240% via this effect. (think it means increased up to a maximum of 240%, but it said "by to a maximum")

Demoralization: When using Ultimate, if the enemy's Toughness is higher than 50% of their Max Toughness, Xueyi deals 10% more DMG.

Observation of the Mind: When Xueyi's applied Karma stacks exceeds the maximums tacks count, every extra stack of Karma will convert to 1 stack of Sin, for a maximum of 6 stacks. After Xueyi's Talent is triggered, consume all Sin stacks and gain 1 stack of Karma for every stack of Sin consumed this way.

Eidolons:
Shackled Inner Demons: Increases Talent's follow-up attack DMG dealt by 40%.

Annihilation of Desire: Talent's follow-up attack depletes Toughness regardless of Weakness types while also restoring the Xueyi's HP equal to 5% of her Max HP. A Quantum Break Effect will be triggered upon inflicting Weakness Break.

Dukkha Cessation: Skill Lv +2, up to a max of 15. Basic ATK Lv +1, up to a max of 10.

Elimination of Vile Spawn: After using Ultimate, this unit's Break Effect increases by 40% for 2 turns.

Ruler of the Spirits: Ult Lv +2, up to a max of 15. Talent Lv +2, up to a max of 15.

Master of Life and Death: Reduces max "Karma" stacks to 6.

like i think shell be an upgrade over seele for monoquantum teams, not just an option. she has no particular reason to use her skill beyond wanting her ult so you can run her with qingque too, it feels like

Eimi posted:

I guess her follow up does trigger off allies depleting toughness too so she can be a subdps. And her skill numbers are really mediocre. Wonder how expensive her ult is.
her numbers are kinda low because of the break effect damage boost. she can get like 60% extra damage just by running the break effect relic sets without even having to itemize for it in substats. with her e4 thats +100%.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 14, 2023

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Well now.

I don't think I even have enough saved up after Jingliu and Topaz for a full 10 pull, but Scooby Doocrose is definitely getting all my f2p Jade while she's here.

Hope I get her and she winds up being useful.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I missed that her follow-up attack deals 3 hits, not just 1 hit of 90% damage so it's 270% damage instead. That does make her look like she's gonna be very good with QQ + SW yeah

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

she also seems like a really good holder for fall of an aeon

goddamn this character actually seems cracked, hope she doesnt get nerfed

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

actually looking at xueyi she seems, REALLY good

like i think shell be an upgrade over seele for monoquantum teams, not just an option. she has no particular reason to use her skill beyond wanting her ult so you can run her with qingque too, it feels like

her numbers are kinda low because of the break effect damage boost. she can get like 60% extra damage just by running the break effect relic sets without even having to itemize for it in substats. with her e4 thats +100%.

Yeah on her ult and her ult is very solid. Anyway lmao I have a break effect set that has incredible rolls for crit scaling atk% dps that I tried to put on Asta so I guess I'm eating good there.

https://twitter.com/starrailverse2/status/1724281191665217931

However what. Where Luocha? Where's Our General?!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

Yeah on her ult
no?

quote:

Loom of Omen: Increases DMG dealt by this unit by an amount equal to 100% of this unit's Break Effect. DMG can be increased by to a maximum of 240% via this effect. (think it means increased up to a maximum of 240%, but it said "by to a maximum")

it just says 'increases DMG dealt' its not specific to her ult, itll buff her follow up too

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Oh Screwllum's test kit was just out also

Similar to Dr. Ratio he's got a debuff-centric kit - each time an ally inflicts a debuff, or Screwllum himself attacks, Screwllum inflicts a special mark that gets consumed when Screwllum attacks them for a follow-up attack that deals splash damage. Each time he triggers this follow-up attack his action is forwarded a little bit. His Ult deals AOE damage that also reduces Imaginary RES. He also basically looks like he doesn't care about using his Skill at all and just wants as much SPD as possible to keep triggering his followup attack. Dr. Ratio himself inflicts a Debuff RES debuff on each skill use so they seem to be tailormade for each other.

Eimi posted:

Yeah on her ult and her ult is very solid. Anyway lmao I have a break effect set that has incredible rolls for crit scaling atk% dps that I tried to put on Asta so I guess I'm eating good there.

Kafka already??? gently caress my jades

I don't think I can go for Blade anymore now. Black Swan is gonna be Wind also so Kafka + Black Swan + Sampo + support is probably gonna be my go-to vs Wind weaknesses in the future

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

whenever they skip the banners it means they're coming back for an event or story thing. JY might be a CNY thing and luocha could show up whenever since they didnt exactly conclude his story.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

blizzardvizard posted:

Xueyi is a relatively basic DPS, but her Ult inflicts Toughness damage regardless of weakness. She also gains stacks as any ally inflicts Toughness damage and performs a big follow-up attack at max stacks. Not really much to say about her, though I guess she's a budget option for mono-Quantum teams if you don't have Seele?

A critical thing I noted in her kit is a passive trace that will increase her damage dealt by 100% of her break effect, up to 240%. All her attacks already scale with ATK, but not to that high amounts, encouraging you to build her with as much break effect as possible.

She has a very strong identity because of this as We Have Break Effect Silver Wolf At Home, since her ult can proc a quantum break even on things not vulnerable to quantum and that disassociation hit will be huge with that much break effect.

I'm kind of interested in it, honestly, because I've won a lot of fights by having SW piledrive an enemy's action down into the abyss with a huge hit of damage when they finally crawl back out. Having a second character who could do that will make for some interesting two-team comps going forward.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I cant believe Luocha is loving dead

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Which character's banner will Xueyi be on? Seems like she's designed to have some break synergy with Ruan Mei, at least.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

new 4*s have always been on the second half, havent they?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Ah poo poo Kafka is faster than expected, wanted to pull her LC

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Ruan Mei was teased first so presumably Xueyi will be on Dr. Ratio/Kafka's banner. So looks like I'm getting some Kafka eidolon's while hunting her I guess. I like Dr Ratio's design but he's named Dr. Ratio and I have standards.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
oh, Blade works really well with Jingqiu, I guess I'll be rolling him.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Xueyi sounds neat to slot with Himeko.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Looks like every banner through 1.6 is someone I want lol at least seeing no Luocha in the future means I can pull for Huohuo having no regrets - after seeing that trailer though I probably would have used my guarantee on her regardless of where he ended up being.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Eimi posted:

gently caress my life I have nothing left and there's like 3 characters there I'd like to get. Oh well.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this early on characters get rerun in a couple of months, as proven by blade and kafka

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ok, gently caress Ruan Mei. I missed Blade the first time, I'm trying for him.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

blizzardvizard posted:

Anyway 1.6 kit leaks are out

Ruan Mei's Skill buffs party SPD and Break Efficiency for 2 of her turns, while her Ult creates a field that increases All-type PEN for 2 of her turns and notably extends Weakness Break duration. Her Talent and Traces boost generic damage and Break Effect damage, and she also buffs ally damage further when attacking weakness broken enemies. Basically custom-made for Kafka teams.

Specifically she has straight up +30% damage for party via ascension major trace.

If 5* eidolons existed her current e1 is kind of gross. (Extra turn on the field from her skill making her slightly positive for sp instead of neutral, also makes that field give 40% attack buff for team).

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I was considering Huohuo (missed Luocha, use Gepard and Bailu for not dying), but the Blade rerun being so soon probably makes her a skip. I've used support Blades enough with Jingliu (who is my favorite gacha child) to comprehend and desire the duo carnage.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Xalidur posted:

I was considering Huohuo (missed Luocha, use Gepard and Bailu for not dying), but the Blade rerun being so soon probably makes her a skip. I've used support Blades enough with Jingliu (who is my favorite gacha child) to comprehend and desire the duo carnage.

:haibrow:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Looks like the red exclamation mark telling you to finish aetherium wars is permanent.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Radical posted:

yeah that page is pretty old and a bit confusing to read. the def calculation is:

code:
attacker level / (defender level * (1 + %def - (%def shred + %def ignore)) + attacker level)
all the levels have +20 to them as well, so you put in 100 for a level 80 character and so on. theres probably a wiki that has this written out cleaner but im going from memory.

Aha. That makes much more sense. Thank you.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Definitely gunning for Ruan Mei this time, any word on her light cone?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Traveller posted:

Definitely gunning for Ruan Mei this time, any word on her light cone?

Regenerates 10 energy at the start of each wave, increases dmg dealt for all allies by 15% after the wearer uses a skill and increasing Res pen by 6%, lasts for 3 turns.

I am very sure this will get changed because that's pretty bonkers like Huohuo's initial lc.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Eimi posted:

Regenerates 10 energy at the start of each wave, increases dmg dealt for all allies by 15% after the wearer uses a skill and increasing Res pen by 6%, lasts for 3 turns.

I am very sure this will get changed because that's pretty bonkers like Huohuo's initial lc.

It only increases Res Pen to allies with speed buffs, for whatever reason.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 14, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Clarste posted:

It only increases Res Pen to allies with speed buffs, with whatever reason.

Ah yeah. So slightly less busted for general supports, but I really don't see it surviving unscathed it's very strong.

An additional thing, like Huohuo Ruan Mei's e1 increases her skill's duration by one turn (to 3) AND gives a teamwide 40% atk boost. So something to weigh against going for her LC. Both Ruan and Huohuo have incredibly busted e1s because suddenly they turn sp positive.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Most other Harmonies could meet the speed requirement just by wearing the speed set, at least.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ruan Mei kind of looks like Dan Heng. I think that means I like her design.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

If I've exhausted all the story content / side missions / one-time bonuses / etc., is it correct that the only real way to continue to get trailblaze exp is to do the daily stuff / spending trailblaze power?

I want to max out my levels, but I'm almost out of stuff to do and I'm still under TL 50. Happy there's some more content imminent that will help somewhat, but I can't imagine that'll be more than a few levels at most.

Dr. Eldarion fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 14, 2023

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
more content later today i think

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
But otherwise yes

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I managed to 3* MOC 10 for the first time, but still can't 3* MOC 9. drat deer...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
I was a bit worried that Topaz would make himeko obsolete but in this FUA-heavy MoC I ended up pairing them 7 times. First half of 10 was those two plus blade and luocha and they ripped that ape apart

Also I went to the trouble of building lynx for mono-quantum but fu Xuan is so jacked that she ended up solo sustaining her half every time