Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

harperdc posted:

I think I mentioned it before but the best/dumbest thing I did gaming-wise in college was the 10-man house NCAA Football dynasties we ran (one was SEC, one was Big Ten, both on NCAA...06? I think). Saved onto one Xbox memory card (remember those!), somebody even went through the trouble of sending off their memory card over the summer when the game came out to get customized named rosters on there, and then we seeded that to all of the systems. Good times.

the other one with my nerdy friends was Rock Band 1 and 2 coming out around that time.

See this is the poo poo I wanna do so bad but it’ll never happen because Madden

Let all of my football buddies and I create our own custom franchise dynasties that we can play every year. It’s now down to only one dude that continues to scam himself every year buying the new Madden when it comes out :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I played way too much Unreal 2k4

I wish they made another Unreal Tournament game

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Hot Diggity! posted:

I played way too much Unreal 2k4

I wish they made another Unreal Tournament game

There hasn't been an FPS with game modes as good since.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Counterstrike back in the 5.2 beta days killed my GPA. That and Diablo 2. and here :ssh:

I played WoW but not that much and never even got a character to 60, never played an expansion.

I think I played more Planetside than WoW, it sort of counts as an MMO.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

christ

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
A pickup with less cargo space than my Crosstrek hatchback, genius!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Things getting chippy in Congress today. McCarthy shoved Burchett and Mullin tried to fight Teamsters boss O'Brien during a hearing.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Did you actually see this in the wild???

I’m more disturbed by the lack of pad on the tailgate. Just loving that frame up.

What a lovely looking truck, goddamn. Just get a Hyundai Santa Cruz.

E: ALSO let’s have a fun laugh together

https://twitter.com/ferio_252/status/1723139057314873543?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LeeMajors posted:

I’m more disturbed by the lack of pad on the tailgate. Just loving that frame up.

You have to remember that people who buy cybertrucks aren't buying them because they need to do the things you use trucks for

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

You have to remember that people who buy cybertrucks aren't buying them because they need to do the things you use trucks for

I think there’s prob a way to delineate work truck v lifestyle truck usage (which is its own can of worms) but it’s intensely funny to watch someone just debase themselves and genuflect at the altar of Musk for that useless chunk of poo poo.

Just an incredible litmus test for dumbfuckery.

Just trying to imagine Ben Shapiro’s lonely 1x in the Home Depot bag flapping around in the bed of that thing.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

LeeMajors posted:

Something about that video feels like I should be encouraging the cybertruck and telling it its a good boy and offering it a treat.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Quiet Feet posted:

Something about that video feels like I should be encouraging the cybertruck and telling it its a good boy and offering it a treat.

It has the same energy as a bulldog trying to get onto the couch

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I just got back from the dump with my pickup

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

a sexual elk posted:

I just got back from the dump with my pickup

drat, I never find anything that good at the dump.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

a neat cape posted:

I've finished Star Trek

All of it

Time for Stargate, the most superior of all Star associated media

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

For anyone interested, there's a thread for the classic City Name Sports Team jerseys: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4046189 - it's just an interest check, but if 100 goons sign up then it can happen:

Bumping this up, if 17 more goons sign up it can happen!

Also,

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Has game night returned? I'd like to make a return to it.

?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
TK, it hasn't returned but I'd be happy to participate if enough people are interested. I probably can't play this week, but the Discord is always open.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I will say the cybertruck does a whole lot more looming. It's like a horror film where you need to lead up to finish, you can't just get there right away.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Intruder posted:

Also a 96 Rav4 probably weighs like 1/3 of a cybertruck. Batteries are heavy and all vehicles have gotten heavier over the years.

just checked, 1996 Rav4 is 2535, Cybertruck is 6670, so it's 2.6 times heavier

edit: current gen Rav4 weighs 3373, so it's about half of a Cybertruck

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 14, 2023

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Don't You Buy No Ugly Truck

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Santa Cruz isn’t really a truck though. It’s a built up car frame.

I’m beyond excited for the Ranger hybrid with power boost tho 😎

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

As someone with stainless steel appliances I have to wonder how any cybertruck driver keeps that thing clean

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Intruder posted:

As someone with stainless steel appliances I have to wonder how any cybertruck driver keeps that thing clean

gently caress, that's what it reminded me of. like driving a stove.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’m beyond excited for the Ranger hybrid with power boost tho 😎

That's a Europe only model though. Americans are stuck trolling lots full of "used" Mavericks for 50k.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Santa Cruz isn’t really a truck though. It’s a built up car frame.

I understand that, but it offers the same utility as that piece of poo poo. Maybe more.

And it won’t be covered in greasy fingerprints.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

I understand that, but it offers the same utility as that piece of poo poo. Maybe more.

And it won’t be covered in greasy fingerprints.

The Tacoma is pretty dope too

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

dirty shrimp money posted:

That's a Europe only model though. Americans are stuck trolling lots full of "used" Mavericks for 50k.
Edit oh man gently caress they did say Australian etc only

Ford may change that - f150 Hybrids are huge sellers

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

My ideal car would be either an accord or camry hybrid with a modern el camino style body.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

My ideal car would be either an accord or camry hybrid with a modern el camino style body.
Australian Utes would be good for this, but I think they only come in muscle car versions

edit: evidently pickups are now called utes in Australia. It used to just mean the car chassis with a cargo bed, but now it's all vehicles with a cargo bed.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 14, 2023

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

The Tacoma is pretty dope too

I like mine a lot (and being body on frame is great) but I’m not opposed to unibody style Utes or whatever that would serve my needs pretty well.

I have the flexibility to haul big loads of yard waste around but the utility for me is that I can trucks around all my dirty poo poo, beach stuff etc and just hose the bed out. I think that’s about 90% of the use, and a Maverick or Santa Cruz would do just fine. I’m just kind of a Toyota whore.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 14, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I want a danger ranger so bad

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

I like mine a lot, and being body on frame is great, but I’m not opposed to unibody style Utes or whatever that would serve my needs pretty well.

I have the flexibility to haul big loads of yard waste around but the utility for me is that I can trucks around all my dirty poo poo, beach stuff etc and just hose the bed out. I think that’s about 90% of the use, and a Maverick or Santa Cruz would do just fine. I’m just kind of a Toyota whore.

their aging drive trains on the taco and 4runner are perplexing. not having a hybrid for this platform for as long as they have is kinda wild.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Neil Armbong posted:

their aging drive trains on the taco and 4runner are perplexing. not having a hybrid for this platform for as long as they have is kinda wild.

It’s part of the appeal to old heads like me.

Proven bomb-proof engineering with not a lot of poo poo to break.

Mine is the newest gen with the 3.5L D4S which is positively revolutionary in Toyota terms (mixes port and direct injection for max efficiency) and I get decent enough gas mileage (avg 22-23 mixed), but yeah I’d love for it to be a hybrid.

It’s also paid off, knocks off miles without issue and performs every task I want from it so it’s prob just mine for the duration.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My ideal car is a bike or train. God I hate driving, but I’m forced to do it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My ideal car is the flying car from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
My ideal car is a late 90s M3

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

My ideal car is a bike or train. God I hate driving, but I’m forced to do it.

Agreed, except that I love driving. I just don’t want to be required to do it to get anywhere.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My ideal car is a jet pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Would.