Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean at this point is not even over the top. They might not even make the playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean at this point is not even over the top. They might not even make the playoffs

Bills? Basically 0% percent chance of making playoffs with that loss. Still have to play the Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, and Dolphins - all 4 will be losses with the way the team is playing.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
If the Raiders, Jets, or Broncos get in and the Bills don't, would McDermott be in serious trouble?

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

McDermott turned the franchise around and deserves a lifetime contract

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Dorsey is going to be the sacrificial lamb, I think McDermott gets to skate on that this time

Bills fans should be alarmed at the steady increase of Allens INT% though, it's been going up for the last four straight seasons and is now firmly in the middle of the two "Wow, Josh Allen sucks" seasons

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 14, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bills won't make playoffs barring miracle and the easy part of their schedule is over with them Barely getting to .500. Wouldn't be shocked at all by a losing record

Dorsey's 100% gone. McDermott should be too, but Dorsey will be the "this is your last chance" message. It won't help and McDermott will be gone within the following 365 days. They're broken and already past the stage of players-only meeting/interventions to try salvaging the ship

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Crossposting
https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1724462310628929597?s=20

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

McDermott getting fired this year would seem like an incredible overreaction on pair with stuff you see in the Premier League and whatnot that I honestly don't see how it could happen barring something catastrophic. Like maybe if next year the Bills are having the same weird turnover problems and losing games in comical ways I could see it but not this year after everything the Bills have gone through before he showed up.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Bills won't make playoffs barring miracle and the easy part of their schedule is over with them Barely getting to .500. Wouldn't be shocked at all by a losing record

Dorsey's 100% gone. McDermott should be too, but Dorsey will be the "this is your last chance" message. It won't help and McDermott will be gone within the following 365 days. They're broken and already past the stage of players-only meeting/interventions to try salvaging the ship

welp lol

365 days watch starts now. The last scapegoat is out, it's all on him now and he's not going to be able to pin it on Allen (Allen is sucking too but the team will stick with the QB if they have to choose)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In Carolina, Brady never practiced red zone offense and didn't know how to use tight ends.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don't think the Bills know how to use TEs either so he should be comfortable.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Someone please tell me how play calling works in Carolina, thanks

quote:

We had a call that we liked, but we also had talked about another call,” Reich said after the game. “And as we broke the huddle, we just together decided let’s go with this other call. Is it worth taking a timeout? And thought it was important enough because it’s third-and-10, that’s a tough conversion. But we’re at the 40-yard line. So if we get five yards, we’re in easy field goal range. Not easy, but we’re in legit field goal range.”

https://theathletic.com/5057587/2023/11/14/nfl-week-10-best-worst-coaching-decisions-nguyen/

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I am excited for Bill Belichick, head coach of the Buffalo Bills 2024

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Bill thinks Josh Allen is an idiot

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

OneMoreTime posted:

McDermott getting fired this year would seem like an incredible overreaction on pair with stuff you see in the Premier League and whatnot that I honestly don't see how it could happen barring something catastrophic. Like maybe if next year the Bills are having the same weird turnover problems and losing games in comical ways I could see it but not this year after everything the Bills have gone through before he showed up.

The last 2 minutes last night in particular was some of the worst coaching I've seen this season. I don't really see the route to come back if the wheels have fallen off that much. It was every aspect, offense, defense, special teams, game management, personnel management, play calling, you name it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Benne posted:

The actual content is just him breaking down film of 1940s Army games

This feels like it would also lead to Bill breaking down military campaigns and gently caress it, I’m here for it.

“Now watch as this run is stopped by the end, Lieutenant Smith, who later fought with distinction in the Hürtgen Forest. We now go to the town of Schmidt in October 1944…”

Lol that was quicker than expected

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Simplex posted:

The last 2 minutes last night in particular was some of the worst coaching I've seen this season. I don't really see the route to come back if the wheels have fallen off that much. It was every aspect, offense, defense, special teams, game management, personnel management, play calling, you name it.

I don't think that by itself is going to cause McDermott to be fired. I think for the most part NFL teams aren't that reactionary when you have a coach who has a good amount of success.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Nodoze posted:

I mean.... look at those big doe eyes.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nodoze posted:

Yet he drafted Mac Jones. Curious.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

OneMoreTime posted:

I don't think that by itself is going to cause McDermott to be fired. I think for the most part NFL teams aren't that reactionary when you have a coach who has a good amount of success.

This isn't the first poorly coached, catastrophic final 2 minutes from this Buffalo team. It kind of says something about the trajectory of this team the circumstance that we are talking about it now.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
The Bills blew that game against the Vikings so bad last year that I'm still mad about it and they're not even my team. Just unnecessary risk all over the place when a conservative strategy would have floated them easily into a win.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Please....free us.

https://x.com/JoshNorris/status/1724462258934239268?s=20

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Simplex posted:

This isn't the first poorly coached, catastrophic final 2 minutes from this Buffalo team. It kind of says something about the trajectory of this team the circumstance that we are talking about it now.

Ok, so do you think McDermott is going to be fired? Because I think we agree the Bills have some baffling coaching right now.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
I'm an idiot, what does "play out of 11 personnel" mean?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Alexander Hamilton posted:

1 RB and 1 TE (3 WR is implied by remaining positions essentially since you have 6 tied up between OL and QB). 12 personnel would have 1 RB, 2 TE, 2 WR and so on.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

OneMoreTime posted:

Ok, so do you think McDermott is going to be fired? Because I think we agree the Bills have some baffling coaching right now.

I think I'm in the camp that if they miss the playoffs he should be fired, but he probably won't be until next year.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

OneMoreTime posted:

The Bills had the turnover luck last year to.

The bills being a high turnover team is not new they just won enough so people didn’t really care

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Gully Foyle posted:

1 RB and 1 TE (3 WR is implied by remaining positions essentially since you have 6 tied up between OL and QB). 12 personnel would have 1 RB, 2 TE, 2 WR and so on.

Yeah, it's not "11 guys vs. 12 guys", it's "1-1 versus 1-2".

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Simplex posted:

I think I'm in the camp that if they miss the playoffs he should be fired, but he probably won't be until next year.

Fair enough

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I do not understand from a logical standpoint not using motion on every play where you're not going tempo. You don't need to do a whole shift or anything, just a little motion to help the QB read the coverage. Line up in the wrong spot, get to the right spot and gain information. Maybe you line up in the wrong spot if they expect you to get to the right spot and don't do it and you get a free play of some sort.

It's not particularly hard compared to playing football as a whole to get the play off and not get a flag.

I'm not even talking the fancy flash outs the Dolphins and others have started doing, just like, move someone around before the snap. You're allowed to, and it may tell you things.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Grittybeard posted:

I do not understand from a logical standpoint not using motion on every play where you're not going tempo. You don't need to do a whole shift or anything, just a little motion to help the QB read the coverage. Line up in the wrong spot, get to the right spot and gain information. Maybe you line up in the wrong spot if they expect you to get to the right spot and don't do it and you get a free play of some sort.

It's not particularly hard compared to playing football as a whole to get the play off and not get a flag.

I'm not even talking the fancy flash outs the Dolphins and others have started doing, just like, move someone around before the snap. You're allowed to, and it may tell you things.

Aside from not scheming to the talent they have, the lack of creativity in the offense is definitely the biggest issue with the team this year.

Every single bit of it falls on Reich.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Redeye Flight posted:

Yeah, it's not "11 guys vs. 12 guys", it's "1-1 versus 1-2".

Football terminology can be really loving stupid. See also: nickel back (5th defensive back), dime back (6th defensive back, or the 2nd nickel back :rolleyes:), quarterback (signal caller on offense whaaaaat?!), halfback, fullback. I still rightly have no idea what the differences are between a running back/tailback/halfback/fullback despite having watched football for over two decades now, aside from the fact that fullbacks are typically much shorter at the end of their career than at the start.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Grittybeard posted:

The lack of motion is absolutely maddening. As you noted, a tiny amount of motion adds a tremendous amount of value.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The lack of motion is absolutely maddening. As you noted, a tiny amount of motion adds a tremendous amount of value.

It is. Byron Leftwich basically refused to use it last year and even Brady was like, dude, come on.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
This mf Staley

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1724446749215891477?t=jZuYChKwpEB5YNjuCTXr2Q&s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

If that anonymous quote about Bryce not actually being able to manage protections is true, then they might be thinking a.) it just complicates plays they're struggling to run anyway and b.) it's not like Bryce is going to do anything with it anyway.

Remember earlier in the year when they were letting him make adjustments and he could neither do it in time or check into anything successful?

Starting to fear Bryce is just a product of the system down at Alabama and the entire "cerebral point guard" bullshit was just a marketing campaign gin'd up by Alabama loyalists in the media. Certainly explains why an idiot like Tepper fell for it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

a neat cape posted:

This mf Staley
https://x.com/danielrpopper/status/1724485289958387993?s=20

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Nervous posted:

Football terminology can be really loving stupid. See also: nickel back (5th defensive back), dime back (6th defensive back, or the 2nd nickel back :rolleyes:), quarterback (signal caller on offense whaaaaat?!), halfback, fullback. I still rightly have no idea what the differences are between a running back/tailback/halfback/fullback despite having watched football for over two decades now, aside from the fact that fullbacks are typically much shorter at the end of their career than at the start.

My fave is calling the off the line TE/H-back in 12 personnel the "sniffer"

Speaking of having halfback and H back be two separate positions is very funny to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

I feel like a broken record but it really is astounding