Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lammasu posted:

What's Nexon with you?

Nexon our show, Lammasu will be here with their insightful and trenchant wit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
The choice between Series X and PS5 was pretty clear for me; does it play Fallout New Vegas?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

tango alpha delta posted:

The choice between Series X and PS5 was pretty clear for me; does it play Fallout New Vegas?

Hells to the yes it does.
It still crashes though. Last night I spent like an hour doing the quests in the ultra luxe and as I was leaving through a door it went all buzzy and hung, forcing me to have to close it. But transitioning between areas / fast travel takes like 1 second.

Does the ps5 not play new Vegas?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Harlock posted:

Are we far enough into Starfield's release life to say it kind of sucks yet?

people said this before the 3 day EA for $50 part of the release life ended

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

acksplode posted:

Too niche and divisive to win but It would've been up there any other year, if only to get Fromsoft fans invested. I foresee that tweet resurfacing in a few years to exemplify how good we ate in 2023, it's an insane list. The only game I might remove is Spider-Man 2, but that's down to taste, it's extremely well executed. Next year we'll be back to the usual one or two obvious contenders plus also-rans.

did the rem4ke meaningfully add/change anything? “good port” remasters showing up on a goty list over something like AC6 is dumb as hell otherwise

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

harrygomm posted:

did the rem4ke meaningfully add/change anything? “good port” remasters showing up on a goty list over something like AC6 is dumb as hell otherwise

Reimagined the whole game to a new engine, changed gameplay, rewrote the story to fit in the current lore (retcons) and overall made the experience more modern.

It's a brand new game experience, even if it uses the same name, characters and certain setpieces from the original.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
sounds dope then, i hope they put out a remake 1-4 compilation/goty edition then

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its also, for me, worse in a lot of respects unlike the RE2 remake which was a massive improvement.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd never want to play the original RE4 again after the remake tbh. Felt like a huge improvement across the board to me. Probably one of the best remakes I've played.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Capcom had a ton of stuff on game pass a few years back. I’m still hoping for the new remakes to drop there

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

otter posted:

Does the ps5 not play new Vegas?

Technically it does, thanks to Microsoft's massive investment into cloud gaming, as the 100%-bug-free PS3 version is streamable if you have a PS+ Premium membership. No DLC support, though.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
No GOTY of course but a decent spread over the other categories for Game Pass games:
  • Hi-Fi Rush (Nominated for Best Art Direction, Best Score and Music, Best Audio Design, Innovation in Accessibility, Best Action Game)
  • Lies of P (Nominated for Best Art Direction, Best RPG)
  • Starfield (Nominated for Best RPG)
  • Sea of Stars (Nominated for Best Independent Game, Best RPG)
  • Cocoon (Nominated for Best Independent Game, Best Debut Indie Game)
  • Forza Motorsport (Nominated for Innovation in Accessibility, Best Sports/Racing)
  • Venba (Nominated for Games for Impact, Best Debut Indie Game)
  • No Man's Sky (Nominated for Best Community Support)
  • Cities: Skylines II (Nominated for Best Sim/Strategy)
  • Party Animals (Nominated for Best Family, Best Multiplayer)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Game Pass dates for the second half of the month.

COMING:
Today: Coral Island (Cloud and Xbox Series X|S)
Nov 17: Persona 5 Tactica (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Nov 28: Dune: Spice Wars (Cloud and Console), Rollerdrome (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)

GOING:
Leaving Nov 30:
Anvil (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Battlefield 1943 (Console) EA Play
Battlefield: Bad Company (Console) EA Play
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Console and PC) EA Play
Disc Room (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Eastward (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Grid (Console) EA Play

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I downloaded Battlefield: 1943 the other night for nostalgia’s sake, and had hopes I could find at least one game given it’s on Gamepass.

There was no one online. :(

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

The Kins posted:

Battlefield: Bad Company (Console) EA Play
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Console and PC) EA

Pretty sure you can't buy these anymore, and Bad Company 1 never got a PC port so...bye forever to these games.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Fly Ricky posted:

I downloaded Battlefield: 1943 the other night for nostalgia’s sake, and had hopes I could find at least one game given it’s on Gamepass.

There was no one online. :(

TheScott2K posted:

Pretty sure you can't buy these anymore, and Bad Company 1 never got a PC port so...bye forever to these games.
For the record, they're being removed from EA Play because their servers will be shutting down on December 8th.

There's a fan-server project for BC2 on PC, but I don't know how far along it is.

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

Not sure if anyone actually cares about the Game Awards, but here are the nominees

https://x.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1724108986675298629?s=20

“Absolute best experience across all creative and technical fields”

Somehow doesn’t include hifi rush.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Jeff Keiley loving sucks

Also loiling at starfield for best RPG

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Starfield sucks, and I say this as a Fallout 4 Enjoyer

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That sounds like an endorsement.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Sorry to be clear:

Starfield sucks and isn’t fun

Fallout 4 sucks but is fun

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Doritos Pope has been in his flop era ever since he vaporized Angry Joe on camera. High point, should have called it quits.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Starfield is ok, but unfinished.

Fallout 4 sucks aside from the Far Harbor DLC.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the only good game bethesda ever made was morrowind

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Starfield is an odd game because they clearly took out all the fun and challenging parts of it over development and turned it into a loading fast travel simulator instead.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheScott2K posted:

Yet another reason physical media is so important. I really enjoyed the campaign in BC2 along with the multiplayer. Too bad Preston and Co. never got a third chapter.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

evilmiera posted:

Fallout 4 sucks

Yeah this is the answer. Stafield is mid, its ok. But internet discourse has shifted to something either being GOTY or trash now. No more room for ok games.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
What does this game pass quest mean when I have to hijack 11 cars in a row in GTA 4?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1724472881374224541

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Finally

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

John F Bennett posted:

Not sure if anyone actually cares about the Game Awards, but here are the nominees

https://x.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1724108986675298629?s=20

At the beginning of the year I would have said TOTK was likely going to be my game of the year to a degree that nothing else stood a chance. In November it falls nearly dead last out of all of these games. Haven't played Mario Wonder yet. I would probably tie TOTK with AW2.

Also BG3 is just so beyond anything else this year the competition doesn't even feel fair.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

:staredog:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

evilmiera posted:

Fallout 4 sucks aside from the Far Harbor DLC.

For whatever it's worth I played FO4 for 80 hours and had a blast while I played Starfield for 4 hours and was bored out of my loving mind the entire time.

Fallout 4 is way better than it gets credit for. It's like this cliche thing to turn into a punching bag for some reason, but it's easily the best map and gameplay they have done. The main story is rear end, but the writing is never that good in their games and plenty of the sidequests are solid.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

no

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

You gotta hand it to them

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fort nite

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Sounds more like fart nite because the game awards are rear end

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Lammasu posted:

What does this game pass quest mean when I have to hijack 11 cars in a row in GTA 4?

It’s pretty self explanatory? Steal 11 cars without dying. Also it’s GTA5 not 4.

I just loaded up my post-game save and it popped automatically.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I missed entirely on the Xbox One generation and its follow up from the Microsoft side. I am however considering getting a cheap Series X for Christmas, but I think I need some quality exclusives (ie not available on Steam*, Switch, or PS4) before I have second thoughts.

So, I'm making a list of anything I'd like to try and didn't get the chance since 2013. So far it's got Rare Replay, Forza Horizon 3, and Halo Wars 2. What else would you recommend? Genre is not important, I like everything that's fun or interesting.

* note I said "Steam" and not PC because I can't deal with the extremely lovely Microsoft Store, so any exclusive from there counts too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Saoshyant posted:

I missed entirely on the Xbox One generation and its follow up from the Microsoft side. I am however considering getting a cheap Series X for Christmas, but I think I need some quality exclusives (ie not available on Steam*, Switch, or PS4) before I have second thoughts.

So, I'm making a list of anything I'd like to try and didn't get the chance since 2013. So far it's got Rare Replay, Forza Horizon 3, and Halo Wars 2. What else would you recommend? Genre is not important, I like everything that's fun or interesting.

* note I said "Steam" and not PC because I can't deal with the extremely lovely Microsoft Store, so any exclusive from there counts too

You can't purchase Forza Horizon 3 digitally anymore, so be prepared to buy a used disc copy for that one. Horizon 3 also was released on PC and you can buy a Steam code to play it there.

Alan Wake 2 is incredible and it's never going to be sold on steam. You want a big exclusive? There it is.