Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The pope fucks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sexually_active_popes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Smartest man in the world, folks.

https://twitter.com/ChuckCjmmn/status/1723828187350634881?s=20

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

You are causing me major psychic damage

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

I wasn't sure if TripleD was supposed to be the idiot (I mean I'd definitely assume so, but maybe I was missing something) but then I saw all his followers talking about how this artist has "pronouns in bio" so I guess that answers that

I blame both of them because I just generally dislike vague allusions to a complaint like that. Just say that you don't like Seth MacFarlane's shows, give a specific example.

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Nov 14, 2023

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I like Seth McFarlane's pop standards/American songbook albums. :getin:

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

Don't have a fire cow, man

Biplane posted:

You are causing me major psychic damage

You cannot grasp the true form of Musk's attack!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

tag yourselves i'm the clapping fanboys in the foreground

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I think everyone's the idiot here
https://twitter.com/sigirides/status/1724088969267191987?t=E-swWe_pccKgj-DFLQDupQ&s=19

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

God drat. That overstuffed Hot-Pocket of a man Trump danced (marginally) better when he was on SNL.

Imagine get out-danced by the Cheeto-Pope.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

don't care about the guy but why doesn't that cat have a helmet

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

God drat. That overstuffed Hot-Pocket of a man Trump danced (marginally) better when he was on SNL.

This is me after too many drinks, except replace the hat with the Booty Hunter hat from Squidbillies.

Bonus:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

tokin opposition posted:

I can't even get collars to stay on my cat, I can't imagine the effort involved in trying to get them to where a cat sized helmet, or how insanely angry at me they would be if I tried let alone succeeded. Look at how happy this guy is to wear a crown for a couple minutes, let alone something with straps holding it on.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

tokin opposition posted:

The cat is D*tch.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Benedict IX certainly hosed allegedly.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

RareAcumen posted:

I blame both of them because I just generally dislike vague allusions to a complaint like that. Just say that you don't like Seth MacFarlane's shows, give a specific example.

To be fair, a LOT of cartoons/games/comics do exactly that with their designs, so it's hard not to be vague.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's subtweeting One Piece

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

To be fair, a LOT of cartoons/games/comics do exactly that with their designs, so it's hard not to be vague.

Yeah, my first thought was various fighting games or 2011-era League of Legends.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

RareAcumen posted:

A lot of times it's not quite as bad as the complaint example, but this is definitely not just a problem exclusive to Seth MacFarlane, where male characters are allowed to look interesting and female characters are focused on what the creators find attractive. It just stands out in animation sometimes because the ways a lot of cartoons are stylized lends itself very well to characters being a lot of different distinct shapes, so if all the women keep trending towards the same shapes it stands out more.

Same Body Syndrome used to be a major problem in older animation especially with limited budgets and wasn't just a thing that happened to women characters, but I remember when the modern She-Ra show came out and a bunch of chuddy assholes were complaining about woke character design because of diverse body types and shapes for the cast, which skewed towards women, and used the classic She-Ra show as an example of doing it 'right'. But the thing is, classic She-Ra was a show for marketing toys that all came out of the same general mold, literally. All the characters of either gender had to have the exact same body type with very few exceptions, but that wasn't actually, like, what the character designers would have done if they'd had more leeway. The character creator of classic She-Ra went on record in the backlash as saying he'd always intended She-Ra to be a warrior with a muscled physique.

Also, like... just because I find part of the character design or world design in a show annoying doesn't mean I'm saying it's a bad show or that I dislike it. Maybe I like it a lot but I'd just like characters to be able to look interesting as opposed to just attractive. If you really want an example, I thought Motorcity had really interesting visual design, but it also had the problem where Disney was like, no no, you definitely cannot have more than one girl main character in this show about fast cars, so Julie is the only girl on the Burners, and then all the dude Burners have more varied body shapes where Julie and her best friend Claire and a lot of the Amazons and other women have the same body type or very similar. Tennie's a bit buffer, I think? But there's still a lot less variety and a 'default' body shape, and I noticed it.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Read After Burning posted:

This is me after too many drinks, except replace the hat with the Booty Hunter hat from Squidbillies.

Bonus:

https://i.imgur.com/HFHOj3M.mp4

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I have no idea what's going on in modern day WOW but it used to be an old joke that the 'monstrous' races like undead and Draenei are only like that for the men while the women are basically blue skinned strippers. Crediting an old observation to "twitter artists" is a huge red flag.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Yeah the complaint about women getting one body type in any kind of animated media is basically evergreen at this point. I doubt they're referring to any one particular work.

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011
Obligatory Oglaf comic for this observation (SFW this link, rest of the site obviously not).

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

GrimSqueaker posted:

Obligatory Oglaf comic for this observation (SFW this link, rest of the site obviously not).

Maybe I'm crazy but the first panel seems pretty NSFW

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

GrimSqueaker posted:

I mean, it's Oglaf, so its safe to assume all of its NSFW. . .but where do you work where that particular comic is SFW?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ironhead posted:

I mean, it's Oglaf, so its safe to assume all of its NSFW. . .but where do you work where that particular comic is SFW?

Tree boob factory. We carve tiddies into trees.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

i mean you're the one who clicked thru the 18+ warning idk what to tell you

that mushroom dick budge would also be nsfw in at least 30% of workplaces

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

tokin opposition posted:

i mean you're the one who clicked thru the 18+ warning idk what to tell you

that mushroom dick budge would also be nsfw in at least 30% of workplaces

I didn't get the usual Oglaf 18+ warning actually. I wonder if it's because I've clicked through it before? And someone straight up telling you no, it's okay, this one is SFW, is kind of misleading. It's worse than un-tagged NSFW material, which I thought was still a probation.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s only unworksafe if new.

When depictions of human (or humanoid) forms are sufficiently old, they become plusworksafe.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ironhead posted:

I didn't get the usual Oglaf 18+ warning actually. I wonder if it's because I've clicked through it before?

Didn't pop up for me either, but in general I wouldn't advise browsing forums on the work pc or clicking links if you do.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

SpacePig posted:

Maybe I'm crazy but the first panel seems pretty NSFW

It also glorified unrealistic body standards. Not every guy can be built like an ent.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Thanks just got fired from the tiny stone penis factory.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Ironhead posted:

Yeah that guy's got wood

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Anything is sfw when you wfh

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well now I want to figure out how I can achieve NSFWFH

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

OwlFancier posted:

Anything that would get you in trouble if anyone in your household saw it is NSFWFH

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Step 1: Turn on your webcam.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Fellas, is it gay to eat?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Isn't that the dude that got tracked down by police because he ordered a pizza?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I believe that pic was ultimately irrelevant, but I'm still going to say yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Fellas, is it gay to eat?

I propose canceling Andrew Tate for having an eating disorder, which is woke and unmanly.