Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Hezbollah has lost around 80 fighters so far in the border skirmishes according to their press and western media reports

looking at Wikipedia, Hezbollah and Human rights watch say Hezbollah lost 250 fighters in the 2006 war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Hezbollah is arguably capable of more we know they have weapon systems and reserves, the question is how to best utilize it which is probably to wear down the IDF until bigger moves can be done. Admittedly, I don't think they can just rush to Tel Aviv and win the war.

The Lebanese army is a non-factor and I don't think the Maronites are that important either, the US and its carrier is more of a concern.

That said, the Israelis are already mobilizing troops and moving equipment north, which means it isn't going to Gaza.

yeah i don't know if they can go toe to toe in open battles with the idf in israel. my understanding is that their anti-tank stuff is mostly manpads. they do have a whole lotta missiles and rockets, though, so i guess they could be bombarding israeli cities and goading the idf into attacking their fortified areas along the border. not my place to tell them their business though

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

hezbollahs tactic is to goad israel into southern lebanon where they can own them again while constantly launching rockets/missiles

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
murdering children is wrong :)

we need a ceasefire

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
god i love the Houthi spokesperson he has the look of a stone cold bumpkin who means what he says and does it while staring at you dead in the eyes without blinking once.

Military spokesman for the Houthi group: We launched a batch of ballistic missiles against Israeli occupation targets

Military spokesman for the Houthi group: We will not hesitate to target any Israeli ship passing through the Red Sea

https://x.com/alarabytv/status/1724525116829147550?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

For me, Israel and Gaza are not just names on a map. I have grieved with Israeli families whose loved ones were abducted or killed in terrorist attacks. I have held the hands of the wounded in their hospital beds. In Jerusalem, I visited a bombed-out pizzeria and will never forget it.

I have also been to Gaza. I have talked with Palestinians who have suffered greatly from the conflicts of the past decades and dream of peace and a state of their own. Before Hamas seized power, I met women using microloans

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

RadiRoot posted:

murdering children is wrong :)

havent seen any proof that hamas killed any children yet. seen plenty of proof israel has

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Al! posted:

havent seen any proof that hamas killed any children yet. seen plenty of proof israel has

i did. :( its out there if you lurk twitter enough.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

RadiRoot posted:

how do you know they werent killed by the idf

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
radiroot in 1794: "the Haitian slave uprising is bad"

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Owlbear Camus posted:

I am not saying I want my country's expensive aircraft carriers sunk BUT I would be interested in a marine biologists perspective on how the resulting artificial reef system would benefit the fishes.

Al! posted:

this is the official position of the current democratic president, joe biden, who if you vote for next year you are pro genocide

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It’s just so on the face that the huge pro-Palestine protests that were all over the country got maybe a blurb at best in US media but this one, much smaller pro-Israel protest has had constant coverage all day long. It’s so tiring

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

FirstnameLastname posted:

For me, Israel and Gaza are not just names on a map. I have grieved with Israeli families whose loved ones were abducted or killed in terrorist attacks. I have held the hands of the wounded in their hospital beds. In Jerusalem, I visited a bombed-out pizzeria and will never forget it.

I have also been to Gaza. I have talked with Palestinians who have suffered greatly from the conflicts of the past decades and dream of peace and a state of their own. Before Hamas seized power, I met women using microloans

these loving sickos can't even pretend it's about something besides some dumb rear end capitalist enterprise for 2 loving paragraphs

"Microloans"

Eat poo poo

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

John Charity Spring posted:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

oh god micro loans , the utter misery those things caused but the tedtalk crowd loved them

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Before Hamas seized power, I met women using microloans

lmao

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

the Haitian slave uprising was good

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

RadiRoot posted:

but they murdered children, provably

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RadiRoot posted:

oh so you just kinda go with the popular narrative of the moment

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Al-Saqr posted:

nah hitler actually got elected

Nah, he was appointed, not elected

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

but they murdered children, provably

hmm that part was probably bad.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
i guess the end really does justify the means. interesting.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

what are you talking about

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Hatebag posted:

yeah i don't know if they can go toe to toe in open battles with the idf in israel. my understanding is that their anti-tank stuff is mostly manpads. they do have a whole lotta missiles and rockets, though, so i guess they could be bombarding israeli cities and goading the idf into attacking their fortified areas along the border. not my place to tell them their business though

Hezbollah actually has a armored corps as well as tube artillery, it is unclear they would actually send it in but they have it. If Hezbollah goes in, it would probably be in isolated parts of the border (which mountainous) with small groups of men to launch ambushes and raids, and if they held territory it would be in isolated locations.

One thing with their ATGM and larger missile strikes they may actually force the Israelis back in some areas that would allow infantry to come in. The IDF obviously still has plenty of armor and reserves, but there may be areas where the Israelis can't easily send them into without taking large casualties.

Otherwise, it is mostly about baiting the Israelis, forcing them to put in forces and then slowly wearing them down without sticking their neck out too much. It is obviously the smart strategy to do, slowly boil the frog.

As for DC tiring of Netanyahu, it is probably true, they rather just freeze the situation in Palestine than deal with it. But much of the pressure against Netanyahu isn't from the center but the rest of the far-right which wants to be even more aggressive, especially against Hezbollah. These are the guys the US has been emboldening for decades and now it is a little hard to rein them in (sounds familiar)?

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 22:29 on Nov 14, 2023

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

hubris.height posted:

these loving sickos can't even pretend it's about something besides some dumb rear end capitalist enterprise for 2 loving paragraphs

"Microloans"

Eat poo poo

I've never had to take out a microloan to meet women, what kind of pathetic poo poo is this.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'll pay you back for a microloan Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

DancingShade posted:

I'll pay you back for a microloan Tuesday for a hamburger today.

are you paying back in hamburgers

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
First thing that comes to mind is Mrs. Clinton writing that Op Ed of why they overthrew the government of Honduras in 2009 and how it was a good thing. It was more blatant then as she referenced Kissinger’s World Order but it’s amazing to me that these American politicians push forth these moralistic justifications for American policies and then are surprised when people don’t view the US as a neutral mediator when we’ve plainly stated that they are on one side.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Hatebag posted:

glad to see goons have come full circle back to 2003 era armchair generalship

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

RadiRoot posted:

i guess the end really does justify the means. interesting.

as far as anyone can prove, only the idf has killed any children

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Typo posted:

are you paying back in hamburgers

I'll have to refer your query to my accountant, J Wellington Wimpy.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Aren’t microloans the incredibly exploitive bullshit Silicon Valley came up with for banks used pretty much exclusively with poor countries to extract wealth from their populations?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

DancingShade posted:

I'll have to refer your query to my accountant, J Wellington Wimpy.

anyway I'm gonna go order quarter-pounder in honor of this convo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Typo posted:

thanks for this information loser

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

RadiRoot posted:

Why are you lying

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://twitter.com/dw_politics/status/1724424201191260167?s=20
Time is a flat circle etc etc

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Typo posted:

Look bud I've played all the red alert games. Dark reign 1 plus the expansion pack. Even krush kill 'n destroy. I am an armchair MS-DOS genius general who had seen it all.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
death to israel

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Why are you lying

want to watch it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

its time to bring back east germany imo but this time the entire country