Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dr. Eldarion posted:

If I've exhausted all the story content / side missions / one-time bonuses / etc., is it correct that the only real way to continue to get trailblaze exp is to do the daily stuff / spending trailblaze power?

I want to max out my levels, but I'm almost out of stuff to do and I'm still under TL 50. Happy there's some more content imminent that will help somewhat, but I can't imagine that'll be more than a few levels at most.

It takes several months to go from 40 to 70. I've been at 69 for about 4 weeks now, at least.

Fhqwhgads posted:

I managed to 3* MOC 10 for the first time, but still can't 3* MOC 9. drat deer...

Are you focusing on the adds too much? I'm struggling to think of how the Deer is a bottleneck, but Swarm isn't. Those 2 are the only bosses I think need to be broken or delayed or else they punish the poo poo out of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Bad Video Games posted:

It takes several months to go from 40 to 70. I've been at 69 for about 4 weeks now, at least.

Are you focusing on the adds too much? I'm struggling to think of how the Deer is a bottleneck, but Swarm isn't. Those 2 are the only bosses I think need to be broken or delayed or else they punish the poo poo out of you.

It's not the time, I keep getting a unit sniped and losing the "no downed units" star.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kiavahr posted:

I was a bit worried that Topaz would make himeko obsolete but in this FUA-heavy MoC I ended up pairing them 7 times. First half of 10 was those two plus blade and luocha and they ripped that ape apart

Also I went to the trouble of building lynx for mono-quantum but fu Xuan is so jacked that she ended up solo sustaining her half every time

Topaz/Asta/Himeko is an amazing team against anything fire weak, it rules.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

When is the patch going live?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

I feel like Himeko stocks are way up between the new artifacts and the new upcoming mode.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

When is the patch going live?
8h 30m or so.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Bad Video Games posted:

:aaa:

Guess it'll end up being a half-hour-a-day thing for a while, then. Kind of crazy since 1-47 took me... 2.5 weeks?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Dr. Eldarion posted:

:aaa:

Guess it'll end up being a half-hour-a-day thing for a while, then. Kind of crazy since 1-47 took me... 2.5 weeks?

That's by design. Early game gives you constant little dopamine hits to get you hooked, then they slow down so it feels bad and you're encouraged to spend jade on stamina refills to keep the treadmill running. Imo you are correct. The healthy way to engage with the game at that point is to accept slow, incremental progress. The fun part where you binge story content on your own schedule is done - hopefully this different kind of fun is still something you enjoy

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Took me about 4 weeks to go from level 69 to 70, but that's with me logging in every day and doing all of my dailies. So yeah, it slows down a lot.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TB level doesn't really matter beyond maxing EL, the levels after that are pretty nothing once you get there.

e: and to be clear you reach 5 at level 60 and 6 (max) at 65, not 70. Reaching the cap doesn't get you anything special.

Motto fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 14, 2023

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

Fhqwhgads posted:

It's not the time, I keep getting a unit sniped and losing the "no downed units" star.

So you finished it under time but with a death? That's actually fine, just run it again with more sustain and slow roll it, those achievements don't all have to happen on the same run

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

does HuoHuo have 4 ears???

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

You can’t just mash SW and Blade back to back like that, you dicks. I was hoping for a buffer of Luocha or something at least to save more Jade!

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Kiavahr posted:

So you finished it under time but with a death? That's actually fine, just run it again with more sustain and slow roll it, those achievements don't all have to happen on the same run

Ohsi, you're right I forgot about that! Incoming first 30*...

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I totally didn't realize you could do the no-deaths star and the time stars on different runs.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Bussamove posted:

You can’t just mash SW and Blade back to back like that, you dicks. I was hoping for a buffer of Luocha or something at least to save more Jade!

I went from "probably can skip pulling the next couple patches" to "I want 'em all" pretty quick

SW eidolons, Blade is a great SP-neutral (or even positive?) dps, 5* harmony units are looking fantastic too as a non-Bronya haver

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i already love running DOT without kafka, so it’s paining me to know i’ll have to skip huohuo as a fu xuan/luocha-less ps5 player.

nobody has silverwolf set as a support for some reason, so i can’t ever borrow her.

the jingliu+blade combo is also very good. dr ratio is there too.

i currently have 40 tickets and a delusion that i won’t have to open my wallet. it’ll work itself out.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

acumen posted:

Blade is a great SP-neutral (or even positive?) dps

Blade is SP-negative, actually. It takes a skill point to activate his HP drain mode, and while it's active he doesn't generate SP with his basic attack. It's not super SP negative or anything since the mode lasts several turns, but if he ever generates any SP for you, you've either got one of a handful of curios/blessings in SU or you made an error.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Oh that helps narrow things down then. He seemed to work decently with DHIL as a support but I never paid too much attention.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

acumen posted:

Oh that helps narrow things down then. He seemed to work decently with DHIL as a support but I never paid too much attention.

He and Jing Liu together wreck absolute shop, having used other people’s support Blades. They’re both minorly SP negative but that’s what the other two slots are for. Plus Hanya seems like she might alleviate any problems there.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Motto posted:

TB level doesn't really matter beyond maxing EL, the levels after that are pretty nothing once you get there.

e: and to be clear you reach 5 at level 60 and 6 (max) at 65, not 70. Reaching the cap doesn't get you anything special.

Capping out on trailblaze level does convert your excess xp into credits. Seems to be an extra 217k credits per week just for using up your tb power and doing the dailies. I've had to hit the golden calyx for credits occasionally before and it's actually been a noticeable impact for me. I guess it's equivalent to 90 stamina worth of credits per week.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

DHIL is a weird acronym and every time I see it I mistake it for DILF

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
imagine daniel

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

MNSNTZR posted:

i already love running DOT without kafka, so it’s paining me to know i’ll have to skip huohuo as a fu xuan/luocha-less ps5 player.

nobody has silverwolf set as a support for some reason, so i can’t ever borrow her.

the jingliu+blade combo is also very good. dr ratio is there too.

i currently have 40 tickets and a delusion that i won’t have to open my wallet. it’ll work itself out.

Every patch gives a free 10 pull, plus the jade you get from various events and chests in new areas, plus your dailies. It's pretty trivial to guarantee a 5 star every patch.

I'm saving for Blade and maybe his light cone. 1.5 will be the first patch I skip completely.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Meowywitch posted:

DHIL is a weird acronym and every time I see it I mistake it for DILF
"DH" is a common thing people use to talk about their "Dear Husband" and :lol: there.

shrach posted:

Capping out on trailblaze level does convert your excess xp into credits. Seems to be an extra 217k credits per week just for using up your tb power and doing the dailies. I've had to hit the golden calyx for credits occasionally before and it's actually been a noticeable impact for me. I guess it's equivalent to 90 stamina worth of credits per week.
Does credit use get higher at higher levels? I feel like my credit balance has just been skyrocketing nonstop. Topaz would be proud.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It didn't scale with account level or anything but deep investment in anything costs exponentially more resources and credits.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Bad Video Games posted:

Every patch gives a free 10 pull, plus the jade you get from various events and chests in new areas, plus your dailies. It's pretty trivial to guarantee a 5 star every patch.

I'm saving for Blade and maybe his light cone. 1.5 will be the first patch I skip completely.

but why one 5 star when all four (maybe five if i cave with huohuo) will do

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Traces get extremely credit-expensive. Going to 6/10/10/10 costs like 2-3 million credits per character IIRC.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Video Games posted:

Every patch gives a free 10 pull,

I keep expecting this to end. I guess Hoyo really wants to goose the engagement numbers for the first year, but I really do expect this to end in 2.2 or so.

quote:

plus the jade you get from various events and chests in new areas, plus your dailies. It's pretty trivial to guarantee a 5 star every patch.

True, but this obscures the fact that whether that 5* is a limited, a standard you don't have yet, or a Yanqing e or a copy of Himeko's LC is entirely down to luck.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Zurai posted:

Traces get extremely credit-expensive. Going to 6/10/10/10 costs like 2-3 million credits per character IIRC.

It's 300,000 credits to go from 9 to 10 on one trace, so that sounds about right.

Before Blade gets his rerun, I'm hoping to have Clara's talent at 10 and basic at 6, Topaz's talent at 10, Kafka's ultimate (?) at 10, Bronya's and Tingyun's skill & ultimate at 10, and Quinque maxed completely. I'm about 3/4 to level 70, and the extra credits will really help there. I already have the mats for Topaz, and everything else is at 8 or max. I just need the credits.

Tree Reformat posted:

I keep expecting this to end. I guess Hoyo really wants to goose the engagement numbers for the first year, but I really do expect this to end in 2.2 or so.

True, but this obscures the fact that whether that 5* is a limited, a standard you don't have yet, or a Yanqing e or a copy of Himeko's LC is entirely down to luck.

I think the game would die if they ever stopped. They've been handing out free 10 pulls since 1.0. If they stop, I think a lot of people would stop playing. We'll see.

5 star light cones are only in the Standard and Weapon banner, so you can't usually worry about those. I got extremely lucky on the 50/50s I lost, but the only bad hits for me are Yanqing and Bailu. I would love a Himeko.

Also, it's not entirely luck. If you lose the 50/50, you're guaranteed the next limited character. That's why you want about 140 pulls to guarantee with a 50/50.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Video Games posted:

5 star light cones are only in the Standard and Weapon banner, so you can't usually worry about those. I got extremely lucky on the 50/50s I lost, but the only bad hits for me are Yanqing and Bailu. I would love a Himeko.

Yeah, I never have to worry about standard LCs on my jade pulls because I never pull LC banner, but most players aren't like that, apparently.

quote:

Also, it's not entirely luck. If you lose the 50/50, you're guaranteed the next limited character. That's why you want about 140 pulls to guarantee with a 50/50.

Yeah, but then if you're not blowing your pulls as soon as you get them, that means you have to hoard for at least two patches to guarantee a limited as a F2P.

I myself only have SW, Kafka, and Topaz for limiteds, and will probably have to blow most of my remaining stash to get Huohuo.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

You actually only get about 6000 jade per patch cycle on average whereas u get about 10k if u get battlepass/monthly. 6000 would only net you like 40 ish rolls

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I buy the Battle Pass and Welkin, but I think this patch will be the last for both. I know I want Quinque's lc at max power, but many of the future banners don't really interest me. Dr. Ratio looks good, and so does Ruan Mei, but I'm not sure I actually want them. I'm going to try for Blade and probably hoard until I see something really impressive.

I'm f2p in Reverse 1999, and that is pain. Thankfully, I got extremely lucky in my first 70 rolls, but I really want Druvis. 8 more days.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
Seems like next MOC will reduce the target to 12 cycles to clear for 3 stars. Then the patch which introduces the new MOC with stages 11 and 12 (featuring some tasty level 93/95 bosses) will be on a 10 cycle clear target for 3 stars on all the stages.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

gently caress. I hate speed challenges, especially in games like this.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The game is designed to be a more pull friendly environment than Genshin. Limited LCs don't share banner space with another limited LC so your odds are 75:25 instead of 37.5:62.5. You get to pick a standard 5* at 300 pulls. Most 5*s are packed with convenience or power boosts at E1 or E2 encouraging Light Whaling. You can buy standard 5* cones from the shop etc.

I don't think they'll stop throwing free 10 pulls every patch at you. It's no skin off their back because they expect heavy players to gun for eidolons and LCs more than they did in Genshin because the rates are better and the game hands out more currency.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

shrach posted:

Seems like next MOC will reduce the target to 12 cycles to clear for 3 stars. Then the patch which introduces the new MOC with stages 11 and 12 (featuring some tasty level 93/95 bosses) will be on a 10 cycle clear target for 3 stars on all the stages.

I thought that was for 1.6.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Clarste posted:

I thought that was for 1.6.

I think we are in agreement.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm vibrating in my chair

let me roll for the miserable fox lass!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I was hoping to get Blade's lightcone on his rerun but I don't think that will happen anymore. It would be a great upgrade for him (he's using Secret Vow right now) and it's nice that the rate is 75/25 but I'd be a lot more disappointed to get a standard cone than I would for a standard character.

I'm interested in Ruan Mei and Kafka and Dr Ratio but I'm unlikely to get more than one. I was thinking of throwing some jade at Silver Wolf's rerun because the 4* set looks good and I would be happy to get her e1, but I'll stop once I get close to pity. I have no guarantee at the moment so if I do get her or a standard character before soft pity that's fine. Then I'll put all my jade towards Ruan Mei and hope for the best.