Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

im not going to “lurk” anywhere in the hopes of catching sight of a dead child, weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1724516365086679259

Israel makes people so loving weird

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

DancingShade posted:

Look bud I've played all the red alert games. Dark reign 1 plus the expansion pack. Even krush kill 'n destroy. I am an armchair MS-DOS genius general who had seen it all.

I've literally played paradox games for 1000+ hours

let me into the game coach I'll easily defeat idf as hamas commander

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Agreed, though that doesn’t look like him (not that he wouldn’t do it)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
aljazeera military analysis based on satellite imagery put out the folleing report

red are vehicle concentrations, yellow are sand forts

from this we can surmise that the israelis are avoiding the places with thr most density, so it seems like they want to hold a sliver of land in the safest area they can for the photo op and as a negotiation card with hamas. the vast vast majority of the city is still in Hamas operation snd Hamas has not lost any sort of command, control or ability to carry out missile strikes and is making the israelis pay dearly for every inch.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

DancingShade posted:

Look bud I've played all the red alert games. Dark reign 1 plus the expansion pack. Even krush kill 'n destroy. I am an armchair MS-DOS genius general who had seen it all.

Gonna chronosphere the IDF directly into a volcano

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Ardennes posted:

Hezbollah actually has a armored core as well as regular artillery, it is unclear they would actually send it in but they have it.

just one armored core would wreck israel, i dont think the idf has any mecha

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

hamas has the maximum entrenched defender bonus

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Hatebag posted:

yeah i don't know if they can go toe to toe in open battles with the idf in israel. my understanding is that their anti-tank stuff is mostly manpads. they do have a whole lotta missiles and rockets, though, so i guess they could be bombarding israeli cities and goading the idf into attacking their fortified areas along the border. not my place to tell them their business though

The current paradigm of war in the drone & anti-tank rocket age seems to highly favor defensive operations. Invading into Israel would be a quagmire for Hezbollah, with the obvious caveat that the Israeli government might just collapse before it gets too bad.

Also manpad is Air-Defense

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

this ea fc ad though

is this what an israeli soldier sees?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

the star on the Israel flag is actually a rating

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Mr. Sharps posted:

im not going to “lurk” anywhere in the hopes of catching sight of a dead child, weirdo

not hoping to see poo poo dude. not my fault twitter cant flag poo poo replies quickly enough

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I would simply not be following zionists.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

HallelujahLee posted:

hamas has the maximum entrenched defender bonus

stacking desert hill defense bonuses in Hamas demesne, the invaders will never stand a chance

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ardennes posted:

Hezbollah actually has a armored core

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Radiroot is a zionist? Interesting

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

why do right wingers like to wear flags so much?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Radiroot is a zionist? Interesting

death to israel mother fucker

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
sounds like you love israel

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

HallelujahLee posted:

its time to bring back east germany imo but this time the entire country

Glory to Arstoska

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
hosed up that zionists are showing pictures of dead children and are claiming its hamas but i havent heard or seen a single piece of evidence that a single child was killed by hamas. photos of dead bodies in combat zones dont count because a. it would be impossible to tell who killed them in the melee and b. israel has a history of killing people and then lying and saying it's hamas

if you think you can prove me wrong go ahead but as far as i can tell hamas had killed 0 children

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
cant believe radiroot wants to kiss israel on the cheek, what the gently caress dude

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Owlbear Camus posted:

I am not saying I want my country's expensive aircraft carriers sunk BUT I would be interested in a marine biologists perspective on how the resulting artificial reef system would benefit the fishes.

Looking at the bathymetry of the eastern Mediterranean I think most of the places where they might end up would be too deep to be much of a reef. You get to like 2600ft (800m) only ~30 miles off the coast.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

cant believe radiroot wants to kiss israel on the cheek, what the gently caress dude

nuh uh. gross i would never. ew

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

tie goons to the giant new york end of the year ball and launch us towards tel aviv

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Speleothing posted:

The current paradigm of war in the drone & anti-tank rocket age seems to highly favor defensive operations. Invading into Israel would be a quagmire for Hezbollah, with the obvious caveat that the Israeli government might just collapse before it gets too bad.

Hezbollah would much rather have the IDF come to them than the other way around. That said, it may make sense for Hezbollah to take defensible Israeli territory, if only for leverage and to force the Israelis to come and take it. The Hula Valley, specifically, is vulnerable.

Al-Saqr posted:

aljazeera military analysis based on satellite imagery put out the folleing report

red are vehicle concentrations, yellow are sand forts

from this we can surmise that the israelis are avoiding the places with thr most density, so it seems like they want to hold a sliver of land in the safest area they can for the photo op and as a negotiation card with hamas. the vast vast majority of the city is still in Hamas operation snd Hamas has not lost any sort of command, control or ability to carry out missile strikes and is making the israelis pay dearly for every inch.

Yeah, the Israelis have been mostly snake-ing around on the coast but it also means they are going to be exceptional vulnerable to ambushes and mortar fire as well. Honestly, the "easy" part is done and it is pretty much urban combat from here on in.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 22:38 on Nov 14, 2023

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

no one is safe from anti-semitism - even at the pro-peace march! perfidious american hamas attacks jewish hospital in the US!

https://twitter.com/IsraelWarRoom/status/1724493133415592024

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

guidoanselmi posted:

no one is safe from anti-semitism - even at the pro-peace march! perfidious american hamas attacks jewish hospital in the US!

blacks rule

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jel Shaker posted:

oh god micro loans , the utter misery those things caused but the tedtalk crowd loved them

I can’t believe putting the poorest people on earth in debt didn’t end well. Who could have foreseen that?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

guidoanselmi posted:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

FirstnameLastname posted:

For me, Israel and Gaza are not just names on a map. I have grieved with Israeli families whose loved ones were abducted or killed in terrorist attacks. I have held the hands of the wounded in their hospital beds. In Jerusalem, I visited a bombed-out pizzeria and will never forget it.

I have also been to Gaza. I have talked with Palestinians who have suffered greatly from the conflicts of the past decades and dream of peace and a state of their own. Before Hamas seized power, I met women using microloans

GAH

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Very nice of them to move all the pro-Palestine messages to the inside to soothe any patients being treated, very considerate

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

VROOM VROOM posted:

Very nice of them to move all the pro-Palestine messages to the inside to soothe any patients being treated, very considerate

surprisingly no heart attacks today so far

rockear
Oct 3, 2004

Slippery Tilde

neutral milf hotel posted:

the star on the Israel flag is actually a rating

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Can't D in V, but can turn the IDF into an IVF.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://twitter.com/palyouthmvmt/status/1724251938739441886

:blessed:

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/pslnational/status/1724461042162340047?t=bYMw6td1J9N-He0e15MXCg&s=19

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

If you aren't cheering on Hamas then you favor slower genocide since there aren't any alternatives. Yes, in the best of all possible worlds there'd be some way to achieve bloodless peace with a calibrated editorial strike but alas

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Love it. Zionists have their rinky dink little march for genocide while people standing on the side of humanity are actually disrupting poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Hezbollah actually has a armored corps as well as tube artillery, it is unclear they would actually send it in but they have it. If Hezbollah goes in, it would probably be in isolated parts of the border (which mountainous) with small groups of men to launch ambushes and raids, and if they held territory it would be in isolated locations.

One thing with their ATGM and larger missile strikes they may actually force the Israelis back in some areas that would allow infantry to come in. The IDF obviously still has plenty of armor and reserves, but there may be areas where the Israelis can't easily send them into without taking large casualties.

Otherwise, it is mostly about baiting the Israelis, forcing them to put in forces and then slowly wearing them down without sticking their neck out too much. It is obviously the smart strategy to do, slowly boil the frog.

As for DC tiring of Netanyahu, it is probably true, they rather just freeze the situation in Palestine than deal with it. But much of the pressure against Netanyahu isn't from the center but the rest of the far-right which wants to be even more aggressive, especially against Hezbollah. These are the guys the US has been emboldening for decades and now it is a little hard to rein them in (sounds familiar)?

yep, like i said i think hezbollah is doing the best they can with what they have. but i also understand the frustration that it seems like they could be doing more

Speleothing posted:

i just think MANPAD is a fun word to say/think. like it's a sanitary napkin for insecure guys