Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

there's plenty of other good games coming out

I can wait for Silksong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
There's nothing really wrong with noting that this has all gone down a little weirdly, or that announcing a game with a trailer and demo on Nintendo Treehouse in 2019 and then going silent for four years is suggestive - although not definitive - of a plan having gone very awry but I draw the line at getting actually angry or really any emotion at all about it. I've mentioned it before in this thread I think but I've been waiting, nominally, for like ten years now for a different retro-styled metroidvania I kickstarted called Heart Forth, Alicia, and mostly I just find it funny (and, like Silksong, the developer insists it's still getting made but refuses to publicly commit to a timetable). I'm not about to run out of video games. It's healthy to look forward to things. Some of them won't pan out. I only need to discover one transcendent masterpiece every five years or so for this to have all been worth it.

Bapanada.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Can't believe Silksong is coming to the Nintendo Switch 2 as a launch title alongside Metroid Prime 4!

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Silksong will be released as a bonus download with George RR Martin's novel A Dream of Spring.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i understand impatience but i'll never understand looking at Hollow Knight and then thinking it's a bad thing that Team Cherry are perfectionists

every single Metroidvania in recent memory that isn't Hollow Knight tries to imitate it and falls short because they're not as polished, especially with respect to animation, tells, level design, things that require a ton of time and iteration and playtesting to get just right. TC even went back after release and improved a bunch of bosses they didn't feel were up to standards, for free, which goes to show how committed they are to their craft.

e: on top of that they're hopefully not crunching like some other studios i can think of that produce similar quality on a relatively faster timescale (e.g. Fromsoft)

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 14, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
really they made one of my favorite games ever so they can release vaporware dogshit for the rest of their careers as far as i'm concerned

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Same. In all honesty Silksong actually releasing will give me about the same amount of endorphins as imagining Team Cherry taking an eternal vacation and swimming McDuck-style in a pool of gold coins.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

hopefully silksong will one day come out and be great but it's really funny how desperate people are to believe that the development of this thing has definitely been totally smooth and normal

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The development has been smooth. Silky smooth.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I bet this game will:

1: Come out eventually
2: Be as good or a bit better than HK

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Like a shark.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

all of my favorite games either had serious delays in development or were a small team of devs just going hog wild with no management breathing down their backs to enforce deadlines. so i don’t really mind any of this. bapanada all the same though because man i really want to play it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m playing silk song right now

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
In case anyone was wondering, Silksong's release was not announced at the indie showcase (you can also tell this because the thread doesn't have 600 new posts). If you want to see what was announced, the Verge has a rundown here, and there are others as well.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

guppy posted:

In case anyone was wondering, Silksong's release was not announced at the indie showcase (you can also tell this because the thread doesn't have 600 new posts). If you want to see what was announced, the Verge has a rundown here, and there are others as well.

Trash, all of it. Silksong is the only Indy game that matters.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I am also excited for the Shantae game, but yeah, I don't care about anything else in there. Maybe a couple of them will turn out to be awesome, we'll see.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/tcWvapA.gifv

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Gotta watch several loops every time it's posted or quoted

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.
– bapanada
– teeseewvapá

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

guppy posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
No hope
No fear

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hearing from my sources that the release is imminent.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

That's right - in imminent peril!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hearing from my sources that the release is imminent.

Yeah it is.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

No :10bux: too great.

No :crackping: to think.

No :thunk: to break.

No :justpost: to cry suffering.

Born of Mod and Goon.

You shall seal the bapanada that plagues their dreams.

You are the Posters.

You are the Silksong Thread.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
hell yeah i just got my hollow knight hoodie, time to throw it on and silk this song

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

i hope silksong releases without any fanfare or announcement, you just log into Steam one day and there it is with a big banner, "BAPANADA"

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I actually would not want that because I need to plan around its release.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Alxprit posted:

Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time

because it's never coming out.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
You only need to get a hitless victory against Any Radiance 4.0 to start playing Silksong.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Alxprit posted:

Sounds like a skill issue, have you considered trying to :getgud:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Dont care if silksong releases or not but i want that precious precious inside dirt

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Fuligin posted:

Dont care if silksong releases or not but i want that precious precious inside dirt

This. It's just pure, naked, self-indulgent curiosity at this point.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
Sha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I’m starting to think they never actually released the original Hollow Knight…