Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Rick posted:

I dunno it's hard to get precise splits as a fan but from what we can see the Russ/PG/Kawhi Clippers were a pretty terrific offensive team. Paul George and Kawhi create a ton of gravity just by being on the floor. Which makes life easy for a guy who wants to drive to the rim or a guy who wants to post up.

Let me put on my nba podcaster hat real quick: If you brought Harden to run PNR with Kawhi and PG and take catch and shoot 3s, he starts. If you brought him for coverage when Kawhi sits and you want him to do Hardenball iso bullshit like its 2017 again, he comes off the bench.

I don't think he has it in him to be that iso ball guy anymore.

Also i think he sucks and is a turd and looks like a clown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://x.com/hornetspr/status/1724551349231051061?s=46

Hornets had a pretty decent chance at stealing a schedule win from Miami tonight but 30+ minutes from JT Thor and Theo Maledon probably not doing it

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

leftist heap posted:

He's #10, tied with Julius Randle

What

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://x.com/therally/status/1724562291817922952?s=46

Looking forward to some real dogshit trade offers

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Michael Malone Agrees To Extension With Nuggets
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/11/michael-malone-agrees-to-extension-with-nuggets.html

maruhkati posted:

The 10-win Process Sixers team had an O-rating of 98.8. The Bulls the year after Jordan left were 92.4. The lowest rating of all time belongs to the 02-03 Denver Nuggets at 92.2.

I am loving VIBRATING right now.

An ORtg of 87 is a tribute to the NBA of 1952.

Squinky v2.0 posted:

From Windhorst and the Tims podcast - the clippers starters have an offensive rating of 87 since the harden trade

I knew it was bad but that’s much worse than I would have guessed. On any given night, one of them will shoot 25% overall on high volume.

This Clippers team is probably too old. If you could shave off ~30 years of NBA games from Harden, RW, PG-13 and Kawhi they'd be a super team.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

I already copped to my mistake on the last page, I was looking at last year on bb ref

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

N/V:

-The 76ers are a surprise so far. They were the favorites to have the largest loss swing this season but are 8-1 and Tyrese Maxey is #2 in WS and WS/48 trailing only Jokic. Harden theory is the new Ewing theory.

-LBJ becomes the first player in NBA/ABA history to reach 5,000 regular season turnovers. And is also one of the best scorers of this young season despite being nearly 39.

-The Timberwolves under Rudolph Gobert are dominating. 2024 is the new 2023.

-The Bulls might be 2-9 if they didn't have Caruso. Imagine no DeRozan/Caruso. LaVine scoring 50 a night and zero wins.

-RW III may be turning into one of the bigger NBA what-ifs.

-If the Bucks don't improve soon they look like they'll be in big trouble.

It's Hercule vs. Cell all over again. Life imitates art.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/hanahoops/status/1724521600899227674?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

This is what Morey should have done with James Harden

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

The Nets have actually been interesting to watch. They really need a certified bucket-getter but the team is deep if a little dull. Simmons looks like he's dealing with ongoing injuries but is okay as a smaller-ball center. I hope they make the play-in.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Wizards should do this

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

leftist heap posted:

I already copped to my mistake on the last page, I was looking at last year on bb ref

oh poo poo my bad

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

I mean that’s a circle jerk Reddit they are all jokes

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

They really traded ayton for nurkic

Such a smart move

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Nurkic was about to have his breakout year as the #1 option too, with all those Portland injuries. Dang

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ayton is a -20 on the season

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

hifi posted:

Ayton is a -20 on the season

Yes, he is not a superstar that can elevate a bad team to middling, so that makes sense.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
If the Bulls are selling I want in. Give me Vooch and Patrick Williams

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
SMH. Thought I was going to escape the ayton defenders from Reddit but it turns out they’re everywhere!!!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The Josh Hive

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Take solace that nurkic could never defend ayton

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

If the Bulls are selling I want in. Give me Vooch and Patrick Williams

bulls aren't selling williams you fiend!!!!!!!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
this is how well the game has been going for the Pels tonight:

https://x.com/PelicansNBA/status/1724618696570646613?s=20

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
hesitayton

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

IDK who thought Lively and Grant Williams were enough to reverse how terrible the Mavs were last season, but it was always a silly thing to think.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
:actually: grant was the depth the celtics are desperately missing

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the return on the bulls' surrender trades is going to be such paltry horseshit i'm already mad

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
D'Angelo Russell and Duncan Robinson lighting it up at the United Center this spring

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

xbilkis posted:

D'Angelo Russell and Duncan Robinson lighting it up at the United Center this spring

i will stop being a bulls fan if they sign that fraud duncan robinson

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I would like for the Pistons to win a game rather than lose them all, pretty please. Save us Kevin Knox II

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

IDK who thought Lively and Grant Williams were enough to reverse how terrible the Mavs were last season, but it was always a silly thing to think.

I don't think even the most delusional among us thought Lively and Williams meant the Mavs were now too good to get periodically humiliated while J-Kidd stands there looking confused

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
It's nice to have someone support you as much as Jose supports his guys:

https://x.com/retro_pels/status/1724603859694137732?s=20

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

ajkalan posted:

I would like for the Pistons to win a game rather than lose them all, pretty please. Save us Kevin Knox II

They played hard tonight. DJ murray is just been balling out this year.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1724627979429433836

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://x.com/fastbreakbreak/status/1724628322129178665?s=20

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lol

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1724627033236316325

It is remarkable how quickly Draymond processes that he has an opening to put Gobert in a headlock and acts on it

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

wouldn't you also want to bully and abuse rudy gobert if given the chance?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think Rudy Gobert is the defensive player of the year because he shut the whole Draymond down.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

it’s really selfless of draymond to sacrifice his own playing time to save gobert from himself there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Can’t wait for Steve Kerr to say we gotta let draymond be draymond again