Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

I have a Blue sky account to read whatever they call tweets as well, but with the added bonus of having a sincere belief that their failure is inevitable so long as they require an account to read tweets.

The point of posting that Skyview link was that you can read it without an account. Someone else immediately screenshotted it and ruined the effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Per capita Vatican City has one of the highest crime rates in Europe (mostly just because less than 1,000 people are actually residents, so a single theft sends that number sky high).

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Air Skwirl posted:

Per capita Vatican City has one of the highest crime rates in Europe (mostly just because less than 1,000 people are actually residents, so a single theft sends that number sky high).
That's just what Francis "Sticky Fingers" Bergoglio wants you to think is the reason

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Jack made bluesky and then hosed off into the ether. He has no presence there.

That just means it's a site run by people who were willing to work with Jack. In no way is this better.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No matter how gay and dead they get, we're all gonna be postin on these here forums until we're dead (and gay). Posting inertia is powerful.

https://twitter.com/cheatlines/status/1595142313126154240

Oh right everyone's protected now because of the discourse. It's these following images.

zoux has a new favorite as of 00:27 on Nov 15, 2023

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Ok, but the best part:

An "institute" dedicated to Catholicism that does not know how Catholicism works

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Hyperlynx posted:

Ok, but the best part:

An "institute" dedicated to Catholicism that does not know how Catholicism works

They don't focus on doctrine, though. I believe they direct their efforts towards Venetian naval supremacy & thwarting the wily Turk.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Elon is definitely shutting twitter down by may 1, 2023. It's guaranteed. I read a bunch of medium articles about it

My gosh, that's only four years from now!

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Read After Burning posted:

My partner told his Reddit-loving coworker that I'm a goon, and he apparently wrinkled his nose and said "Something Awful? Aren't they, like, a bunch of neo-Nazis?" :lol:

When they hear "something awful" most people think "never heard of it" but the ones that have think of the same thing you think of when you hear "4chan"

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Yeah, met some friends-of-friends who definitely wrinkled their nose in skepticism when I told them that SA was a pretty left-wing website.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Tree Bucket posted:

They don't focus on doctrine, though. I believe they direct their efforts towards Venetian naval supremacy & thwarting the wily Turk.

You see the Pope’s bible doesnt have yellow tassels, therefore….

The sovcits of Catholicism.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Hyperlynx posted:

Ok, but the best part:

Their main job seems to be investigating Catholic charities and screaming for their destruction if it turns out they might have helped a gay once

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

I believe they direct their efforts towards Venetian naval supremacy & thwarting the wily Turk.

The latter wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't for the former

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

That just means it's a site run by people who were willing to work with Jack. In no way is this better.

I don't care enough to argue with you about it, don't use it if you don't want to

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Jabberlock posted:

That was the deal they made. You can keep your theocratic absolute monarchy, but only over an area of 0.2 square miles.

part of the deal was they have to be surrounded by rome, so if they try to invade italy they'll have to go through a million tourists

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hyperlynx posted:

Ok, but the best part:

Lepanto more like Depants

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

If it works for Piccolo it can work for you

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

imo it's funny that jack left bluesky because people there were mean about crypto

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Someone please correct my dumbass gleaned from skimming articles and posts knowledge, didn't Elon buy Twitter with loans with guarantees and if it doesn't turn a profit/underperforms the banks can yank it from him since they technically hold that majority stake? I'm sure at least part of that is wrong but I keep getting confused how this has been allowed to go on so long

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Twitter's buyout was a partial LBO, to the tune of 12-13 billion dollars. Elon coughed up about 25 billion in cash. There were other investors (most notably the Saudis, Qataris, and Larry Ellison).

He's not in danger of losing control of Twitter. Just of losing more money.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

great big cardboard tube posted:

Someone please correct my dumbass gleaned from skimming articles and posts knowledge, didn't Elon buy Twitter with loans with guarantees and if it doesn't turn a profit/underperforms the banks can yank it from him since they technically hold that majority stake? I'm sure at least part of that is wrong but I keep getting confused how this has been allowed to go on so long

This is likely true, but then it would mean those banks would only get a fraction back of what they loaned and would have to declare it as a loss. Most banks do not want to declare they lost hundreds of millions of dollars, and don't have to do this until they call the loans in.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I don't care enough to argue with you about it, don't use it if you don't want to

I was just making a joke on this website for jokes, I don't know who Jack is.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

People could also stop using twitter

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://twitter.com/prawn_meat/status/1724389695222903070

https://twitter.com/geogre_j/status/1723992505342218657

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

I was just making a joke on this website for jokes, I don't know who Jack is.

I have been informed that no one jokes here on this dead gay website, thank you very much

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/dril/status/373590355351855104?s=46

loving Apollo and his dodgeball of prophecy.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

the holy poopacy posted:

Their main job seems to be investigating Catholic charities and screaming for their destruction if it turns out they might have helped a gay once

It's one guy with a po box

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Context, please.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Samovar posted:

Context, please.

the IDF sends out robots to give its soldiers a post-death nut so they can bank the sperm

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
further context

that tweet is from 2013

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

TinTower posted:

the IDF sends out robots to give its soldiers a post-death nut so they can bank the sperm

Robocup is better for your pecker than Robocop.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

TinTower posted:

dead but it still sucking

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
A request:

I'm trying to find a tweet that was (VERY loosely from memory) along the lines of "this is any Croatian chip shop", accompanied by a video act-out of two women dressed up as male Very European DJs chatting and trying to look cool behind the decks while On the Floor plays.
The chip shop bit might not even be form the original tweet, it might just have been a reply or quote tweet. I'm trying to find that video because it's hilarious and a very accurate parody of DJ body language.

Anyway, I might have got every bit of information wrong above but it's worth a shot :)

Beeswax has a new favorite as of 12:35 on Nov 15, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Tree Bucket posted:

You wouldn't like them so much if they roll up on you in their galleass

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Byzantine posted:

The latter wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't for the former

Sounds like something a turk would say

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Milo and POTUS posted:

Sounds like something a turk would say

Sneers League of Cambrai-ishly

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

TinTower posted:

Is this real. I dont fuckin know anymore

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Idk about robot but yes, there's a team that goes around collecting genetic samples. It's very, very weird.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Beeswax posted:

A request:

I'm trying to find a tweet that was (VERY loosely from memory) along the lines of "this is any Croatian chip shop", accompanied by a video act-out of two women dressed up as male Very European DJs chatting and trying to look cool behind the decks while On the Floor plays.
The chip shop bit might not even be form the original tweet, it might just have been a reply or quote tweet. I'm trying to find that video because it's hilarious and a very accurate parody of DJ body language.

Anyway, I might have got every bit of information wrong above but it's worth a shot :)

"Balkan coffee shops at 8am"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Idk about robot but yes, there's a team that goes around collecting genetic samples. It's very, very weird.

Yeah, I know about it. They harvest the gene-seed so that it can be returned to the Chapter's Apothecarium for recycling when the Adeptus Astartes recruits neophytes into the proce- wait a second...