Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Meowywitch posted:

I'm vibrating in my chair

let me roll for the miserable fox lass!

Didn't you pull out all the stops for Jingliu?

I'll pour one out for you, poor girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Mile'ionaha posted:

Didn't you pull out all the stops for Jingliu?

I'll pour one out for you, poor girl.

I did, but hey 25 days is a long time and a lot of rolles

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If anything Free 10 pulls end up getting people to roll more often and thus usually end up getting them to spend more

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
star rail gives 300 jades for downtime and a 10 pull
Genshin gives 300 gems, plus another 300 to apologise for the bugs that patch, and sometimes does a 10-pull on top of that

Seems fair-ish?

unrelated:

kirbysuperstar posted:

imagine daniel

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
stumbled upon dr ratio’s animations. i lied earlier about everyone else, i’m all in on this goofball. hope he doesn’t suck!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Kiavahr posted:

star rail gives 300 jades for downtime and a 10 pull
Genshin gives 300 gems, plus another 300 to apologise for the bugs that patch, and sometimes does a 10-pull on top of that

Seems fair-ish?

unrelated:

I just read the 1.5 notes and they're gonna give us 300 jades for downtime and also 300 jades for some bug. So we're getting the best of both worlds!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I have a guarantee on a light cone but not a character. Hoping I win this 50/50 for Blade so I can get his cone, too. If not, he'll just have to accept A Secret Vow until I can afford Fall of an Aeon.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

qbert posted:

I just read the 1.5 notes and they're gonna give us 300 jades for downtime and also 300 jades for some bug. So we're getting the best of both worlds!

The best part of any MHY patch is the free gems for bugs that I never even knew existed, much less effected me in any way.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Bad Video Games posted:

I have a guarantee on a light cone but not a character. Hoping I win this 50/50 for Blade so I can get his cone, too. If not, he'll just have to accept A Secret Vow until I can afford Fall of an Aeon.

Isn't A Sacred Vow better for him than Fall of an Aeon anyway? He does not get much benefit from attack.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Bussamove posted:

The best part of any MHY patch is the free gems for bugs that I never even knew existed, much less effected me in any way.

The latest Genshin patch had an extra 100 apology gems for a bug that affected the c6 of a new 5* character AKA something literally only actual whales noticed or cared about.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Game’s open!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

No Huohuo in 40 rolls...Boo.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

No Huohuo in 40 rolls...Boo.

:ghost:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I got a Landau's Choice.

(I have no illusions that I'm going to get Huohou. After getting not one but two Topazes as F2P last cycle, my next 5* is due around February.)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pain of Mind posted:

Isn't A Sacred Vow better for him than Fall of an Aeon anyway? He does not get much benefit from attack.

Dunno? My Sacred Vow is only S2. I don't know how they compare.

Also, I just saw Dr. Ratio's gameplay and I'm torn. Dude is hilarious.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 15, 2023

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

I feel like the HDR got cranked up on the PS5 version.

If this game needed anything, it was to be brighter. Especially in combat.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Urgh, 113 pulls to get Yanqing'd and Huohuo... and more Arlan Es and extraneous Servals and Dan Hengs than I want to remember.

Leaves me at maybe 90-100~ pulls by next patch. She better have been worth it, her trial was not particularly useful in gauging her other than showcasing the auto-cleanse.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

well I got Dan 4 so now hes bootleg seele???

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I pulled a bit more and got Welt so..Well I can't be mad I guess, didn't have him. Hopefully I can luck out with the jade you get from patch events.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Bad Video Games posted:

Also, I just saw Dr. Ratio's gameplay and I'm torn. Dude is hilarious.

Seriously, everyone needs to see it

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Honestly, he had me at his technique. I couldn't stop laughing once I saw his ult.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Well I was torn on pulling for Huohuo because of how weird playing her could be but I decided to just spend the 30 rolls I had and well problem solved. I now have a sleepy shy healer. She's just like me fr.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 15, 2023

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Caelus players are winning this patch, don't know how he sounds in English but the Enoki Junya sounded like he had fun

Btw: https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/gift?code=5S9BND25CRBK

Eej fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 15, 2023

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Dammit Bailu, you were not the short healer lady I wanted to pull!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Oh god, he's a mathemagician.

Sign me up.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I did not expect Dr Ratio to be an ancient greek mathemagician

rio
Mar 20, 2008

He did the calculations.

I am really glad I got Huohuo - I am out of xp materials to raise her more but even at 60 I am seeing how insanely valuable she is for my account and she’s too cute on top of that.

I was planning on getting her weapon but I got four copies of Shared Feeling in the process, so stopped while I think about it. It seems like that weapon would be great for her with the energy it gives per skill use. I don’t know if maybe I should just keep my significantly advanced pity count on the weapon banner for the future, and focus on getting e1 instead? I have her using Bailu’s LC for now (sorry Bailu, you get the leftovers now) which is also good…abundance LCs really suffering from success with all of the good options.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Seems like my intuition that the Dr Ratio thing is probably related to the 'golden ratio' was spot-on.

Also had to go to 80 pity but won the 50/50 for Huohuo so overall another great banner for me.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Dr. Eldarion posted:

"DH" is a common thing people use to talk about their "Dear Husband" and :lol: there.

here in glorious philadelphia, dh is commonly understood to mean "dickhead." which also works, frankly

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Karia posted:

Dammit Bailu, you were not the short healer lady I wanted to pull!

drat that loving sucks brohski

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i'm at 56/90 pity r/n...

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

His light cone is also him chilling in a bathtub.

Between that, his animations, his math shtick and his general hotness, I'm in trouble. Especially because I also find Ruan Mei extremely attractive.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i wonder if they will put that lightcone on buses like theyve done with some of the others

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Characters now make comments about the other team members in the team select screen.
I've had Qingque comment on getting paired with Fu Xuan and Sushang comment on Guinaifen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for the record it seems to only be if you manually add them, not if you quick select

it seems pretty expansive tho. seemingly all the astral express crew comment on each other, all the stellaron hunters do, etc. theres the other obvious one like the landau siblings, blade and dan heng, yanqing and jing yuan, herta and asta, etc.

havent really found any you wouldnt expect though. the only slightly odd one was Hook and Luka having lines for each other.

the only thing i noticed is that the protag does have lines for the astral express crew (though not for kafka), so they have some more voiced lines.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

having a good time with the spooky update, shame it's just a few weeks late to be thematic

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

having a good time with the spooky update, shame it's just a few weeks late to be thematic
china has a different ghost festival from halloween, but, its in august. wonder if this game was meant to be released a few months earlier at one point cause this definitely feels very heavy on the theming.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Yanqing has interactions with Blade and Jingliu, there’s a whole bunch for the trailblazer… this is fun

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

huohuo is not having a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Endorph posted:

for the record it seems to only be if you manually add them, not if you quick select

it seems pretty expansive tho. seemingly all the astral express crew comment on each other, all the stellaron hunters do, etc. theres the other obvious one like the landau siblings, blade and dan heng, yanqing and jing yuan, herta and asta, etc.

havent really found any you wouldnt expect though. the only slightly odd one was Hook and Luka having lines for each other.

the only thing i noticed is that the protag does have lines for the astral express crew (though not for kafka), so they have some more voiced lines.

Hook hangs out around the Fight Club on the map so entirely possible they know each other. Was it her group that you did the little rock paper tournament with or another group of kids?