Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

CommaToes posted:

She's going to kill Luann and end this comic strip.
Don't you dare give us hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House, featuring a rare depiction of a woman squeezing blood from a stone. (October 27-29, 1924)

Not the Major's blood, of course...

Out Our Way: The School Ma'am Saga, in which Mr. Williams gives us the perfect example of "draw what you love". (October 28, 1924)

Toonerville Folks (January 9-11, 1922)

Dok's "Glad To See This Finish, Would've Been Gladder To Not See It Start" Duck (December 28, 1914; timg because dammit, there's a principle at play here)

Little Lefty (June 5-7, 1939)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 15, 2023

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

And so Bets finally admitted that it was all her fault and they lived happily ever after

Gil Thorp

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

And so Bets finally admitted that it was all her fault and they lived happily ever after

It's got to say something that the (perceived) big swerve was not screwing over Bets.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

EasyEW posted:

It's got to say something that the (perceived) big swerve was not screwing over Bets.
It still kind of is depending on how much this impacts her career, if Team Evans flips to her quitting streaming altogether or whatever that'd kind of suck. I suspect the point they're trying to clumsily make is more that she needs to figure out a balance between personal and public lives.

LMAO at Stef just standing there filming. Is she supposed to be commenting that like a stone cold bitch or is that just a random 'fan' of Bets? I think it's random fans but it's still funny, because everyone in this comic does blow.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

PetraCore posted:

LMAO at Stef just standing there filming. Is she supposed to be commenting that like a stone cold bitch or is that just a random 'fan' of Bets? I think it's random fans but it's still funny, because everyone in this comic does blow.

Yeah, I'm thinking the comments are from viewers, but Stef's video is how they're seeing all this happen in the first place. Since Bets doesn't seem to be filming, I guess word must have gotten around REALLY fast among the fandom to watch Stef's stream. Maybe since (I think) it was her pic of Gunther and Luann that started tonight's whole online drama?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Powered Descent posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking the comments are from viewers, but Stef's video is how they're seeing all this happen in the first place. Since Bets doesn't seem to be filming, I guess word must have gotten around REALLY fast among the fandom to watch Stef's stream. Maybe since (I think) it was her pic of Gunther and Luann that started tonight's whole online drama?

Yes, it was Stef that kicked it off.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

So what you're saying is,

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...

Leave it?

For anyone who doesn't get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-hJFoSgXfM

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I like that Gunther is basically just a sack of potatoes in all of this.

For a certain definition of like anyway.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

lol the final panel we are the comments

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Where did they get the tiny band to play on top of a table?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (December 12, 2001)

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

good zippy

riderchop fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Nov 15, 2023

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Haifisch posted:

1981 comics

Holy poo poo, what a shot!

We gotta get this guy for the quoits team!

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Apr. 10, 1960)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The real chalice was the faith we spread along the way.

I appreciate how many Dustin strips are Kelley trying to lance something with his wit and just showing off how much of an oaf he and Ed are.

Is this the Demons mini arc where they realize they can't step all over the (admitted earlier to sandbagging) non-demon jackasses on their team? :allears:

EasyEW posted:

A character is always screwed over with a portrayal and lovely partner like this. :v:

Instead of acknowledging that the super extrovert and the poor beleaguered introvert(who can't talk to his partner about it and actively cheers at her downfall, who can't stand up for her as an adult with boundaries and makes her suffer so as to not inconvenience himself, etc) might consider compromise with their stupid 50/50 makes 100 quote... well wow, Bets realized that she needed to make all the steps herself! What a happy ending.

I guess nobody can be surprised that the Luann team screwed it up. Ok, maybe Gunther will grow a spine and tell his stepdad to gently caress off and stand up for Be-hahahahahahahahaha.

Honestly the whole relationship is a shameless incel fanfiction trope told with a straight face and it suuuuucks. The manic pixie dream girl is attracted to the humble nerdy boy who never changes or grows in anyway and she realizes that she needed to raise herself to his standards(hamstring her own desires and lower herself to his level) doing 100% of the compromising to be acceptable marriage material to make amends for her poorly or not at all illustrated faults, though I guess at least Bets wasn't slut shamed for the crime of dating before meeting Gunther. One trope dodged, 99 hit.

Outside of being mildly overly fixated on her fandom Bets has been one of the better and more supportive characters, including the abandoned friendship and encouragement to get a business degree with Tiff. All the conflict comes from others, usually their error, aside from the van trip split.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 15, 2023

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(May 19, 1918)

The Rectangle(Gasoline Alley)(March 23, 1919)

Today's strip really needed Steam Car Guy to pop in.

Little Nemo(October 13, 1907)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Graffiti

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 11/14/03

Brenda Starr 1/28-30/52

Smokey Stover 1/5/58

Everyday Movies 12/18/36

"Christmas doesn't bother me so much because of what I oughta get for others, Duke -- it's thinking of what I'd like others to give me."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 7/27-29/42

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Thing is, given the previously established remoteness of the mountain city he was studying at, whatever the answer to that question is, it'd have to be "way before Mozz started recounting his prophecy, or probably even had it" if he turned up now.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Selachian posted:

Smokey Stover 1/5/58

Tune in next week when he discovers the fake fireplace program.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 7/27-29/42

Didn't this comic end in a "it was all a dream" last week?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Continuing with more :ohdear: than Mutts usually gives us.

Sally Forth

Skippy (November 12, 1935)

Peanuts (November 17, 1976)
'

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (February 4-6, 1935)

Thimble Theater (June 19, 1940)

Out Our Way (April 26-28, 1943)

The size of the caption at the bottom threw me for a bit. After so many years of :words:, the lettering style kind of looks weird when it gets more room to breathe.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Thank you for reminding me that my late great-uncle pranked one of my cousins by convincing her (in 1969) that the dogwood sapling he was planting was a corn-pop tree. She spent the following spring asking her Dad when the corn-pops would fruit.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Didn't this comic end in a "it was all a dream" last week?
An individual sunday storyline ended on "It's all a dream" to get out of "how is this kid plummeting from the skies going to sruvive" cliffhanger.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

His Divine Shadow posted:

I like that Gunther is basically just a sack of potatoes in all of this.

For a certain definition of like anyway.

This storyline has treated Bets like absolute poo poo but I'm also laughing (?) how the single act Gunther has made of his own initiative in however many of these comics I've scrolled past was him walking away from Bets and now that's been undone pretty much without his knowledge or input.

Ascribing agency to these characters is like personifying loose garbage in a parking lot as it's blown around by the wind.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing
Spoilered for sex

Timg’d for boob

“Fountain shows” or “water illusions” are a whole traditional form of entertainment (although “entertainment” is a bit of a stretch IMO) where a smug-looking guy with a fan will pretend to direct streams of water controlled by somebody offstage.

Bardiche Hotel

Giant Ethicist fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 15, 2023

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Scary Go Round (March 11-16, 2004)

Well'p. RIP Fallon, I'm sure with this strip's track record of killing characters off we'll never see her again :v:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Kazinsal posted:

Scary Go Round (March 11-16, 2004)

Well'p. RIP Fallon, I'm sure with this strip's track record of killing characters off we'll never see her again :v:

White slavery is forced prostitution which isn’t a very nice subject matter compared to the usual zombies and such in that comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "386 - Jucika And The Female Cooperation"

"Divat = Vogue"

"387 - Jucika And The Rainstorm"