Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

A Perfect Twist posted:

The Nets have actually been interesting to watch. They really need a certified bucket-getter but the team is deep if a little dull. Simmons looks like he's dealing with ongoing injuries but is okay as a smaller-ball center. I hope they make the play-in.

Cam Thomas is the archetypal bucket getter it seems like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Algund Eenboom posted:

IDF propaganda tactics

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

maybe Rudy likes being choked

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This is all Klay's fault

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
feel like this is gonna be an evergreen reaction this season
https://x.com/ClutchPoints/status/1723542355024683386?s=20

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Apologize to KAT

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
https://twitter.com/twolvesbrazil/status/1724663342042603866

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Jesus Christ this sucks

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Gobert dug a tunnel under his neck and was using it as a terrorist command center.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Oh no, Klay's jersey! So anyway, what is the over/under on Draymond's suspension?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Lifespan posted:

Oh no, Klay's jersey! So anyway, what is the over/under on Draymond's suspension?

It’s early in the season. I’d set the line at 2 and a half.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lifespan posted:

well, its less bad than jumping and stamping on a downed opponents ribs with the intent to cause a months long injury, which only got 1 game. so if the league is as consistent as i think we all know it is, this suspension should be 0 games

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

man why does Draymond keep acting like this....ohhhh
https://twitter.com/kendra__andrews/status/1724666282677772292

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I agree that Klay and Jaden shouldn't have been ejected...however!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
At some point advocacy becomes enabling and encouraging

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Salvor_Hardin posted:

At some point advocacy becomes enabling and encouraging

and that point was *checks notes* 7 years ago

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol Kerr
https://streamable.com/gqad6c

Draymond was justified!!!...i saw one replay and the guys on the bench told me what happened

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Warriors State Media no wrong doing, completely justified

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

if you watch the replay you see Rudy had his hands around Klay's neck...I mean I saw the replay once and the guys the bench told me what happened so if it turns out that people have video of the incident I'm wrong then it's on the guys on the bench for misinforming me

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Whenever Draymond goes nuts Kerr apparently never sees anything and relies on someone else to give him the summary

quote:

Steve Kerr postgame on Draymond Green's stomp on Sabonis: "I didn't see the play live and then I didn't see the replay. [...] I was busy with uh, y'know, getting the team ready. One of the coaches told me [Draymond] might get ejected."

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wait did he say that again lol I thought you were doing a bit

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
How could you possibly have a strong reaction to Steve Kerr not publicly admonishing Draymond Green for an in-game altercation in 2023

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I bet today is the day that the guy who's responsible for managing all the egos on his team calls out his famously psychopathic key role player via the media

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I don't believe Draymond is going to get Malice at the Palace time because there were no fans as part of it, but given his history that should be massive.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

xbilkis posted:

How could you possibly have a strong reaction to Steve Kerr not publicly admonishing Draymond Green for an in-game altercation in 2023

If laughter and mockery is a strong reaction, call me caesium because I'm strongly reacting over here

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://x.com/jonkrawczynski/status/1724674218414178513?s=46

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I wonder if players have realized that if you get ejected for frowning too much after a basket you might as well fight since it's the same punishment.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

xbilkis posted:

I bet today is the day that the guy who's responsible for managing all the egos on his team calls out his famously psychopathic key role player via the media

Kerr would be undefeated on this if he just dropped a plug for draymonds next podcast ep

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I thought this would be the time that Steve Kerr saw what happened. Shucks wouldn't you know it he was just too focused on the next play.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
https://official.nba.com/pool-repor...s-game-tonight/

QUESTION: Why was Draymond Green assessed a Flagrant 2?

FORD: He aggressively put Gobert in a headlock and refuses to let go. This is unnecessary and excessive conduct which meets the standard for a flagrant foul penalty 2.

QUESTION: Was there consideration to giving extra discipline to Rudy Gobert for his part or anyone else involved besides Draymond Green?

FORD: Gobert was attempting to separate Thompson and McDaniels and was ruled to be a peacemaker. We reviewed all other players and acts and no other unsportsmanlike acts were observed.

Interesting. For some reason the officials didn’t see Gobert ruthlessly headlock Klay

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
They should make a special suspension for Draymond that suspends him only for games Steph plays in

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Interesting. For some reason the officials didn’t see Gobert ruthlessly headlock Klay

Maybe out of the entire arena, only the GS bench had that angle. Makes you think, a lot.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

soggybagel posted:

https://official.nba.com/pool-repor...s-game-tonight/

QUESTION: Why was Draymond Green assessed a Flagrant 2?

FORD: He aggressively put Gobert in a headlock and refuses to let go. This is unnecessary and excessive conduct which meets the standard for a flagrant foul penalty 2.

QUESTION: Was there consideration to giving extra discipline to Rudy Gobert for his part or anyone else involved besides Draymond Green?

FORD: Gobert was attempting to separate Thompson and McDaniels and was ruled to be a peacemaker. We reviewed all other players and acts and no other unsportsmanlike acts were observed.

i was told that draymond was also being a peacemaker. what gives?!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

dray probably wont get a long suspension cause warriors but if he did get like 20 or so games i wonder if steph would fake another injury again so they could draft the 2nd coming of wiseman

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

dray probably wont get a long suspension cause warriors but if he did get like 20 or so games i wonder if steph would fake another injury again so they could draft the 2nd coming of wiseman

Something something 2 more Wisemen for the baby Dray in his manger

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Such a piece of poo poo. They shouldn’t suspend him, but give him a gag order. Can’t talk to refs or media of any kind, including podcasting. He goes for somebody’s throat, they take his.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Does the NBA players tribunal or whatever disciplinary body they have take into account harm caused when they decide on punishments? Is the disciplinary process transparent at all?

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

1 game suspension but Green has to play with a muzzle for the rest of the season.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Rudy on one in the locker room tonight. This play was cool as hell, as is Rudy's explanation and Ant's court vision and selflessness following it.

https://twitter.com/DaneMooreNBA/status/1724690223425302917

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Ammanas posted:

lol as draymond drags gobert away gobert puts his hands out like sacre bleu ezcusa moi un petite min-ute monseiur zebrá!!!

got em