Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Crossovers Rude Dog when?

Edit: Hasbro should make Commander size Wolfang so we can get repaint it into Clifford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Alt mode, giant red dog
Bot mode, Martin Short

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

A Transformers Reactivate Optimus/Soundwave 2-pack was revealed at the Hasbro fan stream today:

They also mentioned that both this and the Starscream/Bumblebee pack are going to be limited releases that ship by the end of the year, so I guess there's only a 6-week window to get them?

Reactivate Bumblebee was in the leaked list for next year's Studio Series so maybe they only mean that the 2-Packs are going to be limited and the individual figures are going to be doled out slowly over the next couple of years.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Robot Style posted:

They also mentioned that both this and the Starscream/Bumblebee pack are going to be limited releases that ship by the end of the year, so I guess there's only a 6-week window to get them?
I preordered both sets on Pulse and they both have a expected ship date of 2/1/24. Maybe they mean there's a batch that's going to get in early before the end of the year?

They're both still available so it doesn't look like they're going to be hard to get, since Pulse usually sells out of popular items within like 10 minutes.

On a related note, Pulse also shipped my Frankenstein Transformer today, just in time for Thanksgiving.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
doing the soundwave chest window as a car bonnet ends up looking silly in vehicle mode

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

doing the soundwave chest window as a car bonnet ends up looking silly in vehicle mode

I agree, but it does suggests the cassettes are engines, which is sort of neat

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
why does reactive starscream have car headlights

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Don't like how thin the limbs are on that Soundwave. He looks like he's wasting away.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Droyer posted:

Don't like how thin the limbs are on that Soundwave. He looks like he's wasting away.

Someone did a photoshop of him squashed down and it looked a lot better

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

He reminds me of Cybertron Soundwave, what with the lanky proportions and backpack kibble

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’m less than thrilled with Prime’s arms being visibly hollow but everything else looks cool.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I am a huge Soundwave fan. I have so drat many Soundwaves. I might wait for clearance on that one.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
I have a large collection of Beast Wars toys I’m looking to sell off, what’s the best way to go about that these days? I’ve been out of the toy collection game for a long time. I’m in the GTA area of Ontario. Most have the original packaging, the Transmetals are flaking to various degrees.

Robot Style posted:

Been waiting for him to pop up in Studio Series.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

:yeeclaw:

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

:jp:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
https://www.awardsdaily.com/2023/11...ly-emmy-awards/

Peter Cullen will receive a lifetime achievement Emmy award at the Children & Family Emmy Awards in December. Well deserved.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm glad they're doing it when he's still alive to receive it rather than posthumously

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

https://www.awardsdaily.com/2023/11...ly-emmy-awards/

Peter Cullen will receive a lifetime achievement Emmy award at the Children & Family Emmy Awards in December. Well deserved.

He should have gotten a lifetime achievement award at the Oscars for his work on ‘Predator’ alone. :colbert:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The Jurassic Park Nedry set is 50 on Amazon’s had to grab it at that price.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Joe Fisto posted:

The Jurassic Park Nedry set is 50 on Amazon’s had to grab it at that price.

I just got an alert that the Soundwave/GI Joe Dreadnok mashup shipped for me, was supposed to be in January. I wish Amazon gave you a "Are you sure you still want this and didn't just order it impulsively" button heh

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Thought it'd be posted by now, here's the Deathsaurus unboxing from the Has team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRFAoc2lDU4

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Just wanted to share I got some new stickers in this thread might be interested in.

I was really excited to get these guys in stock, and I thought you guys would appreciate it!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4046023

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
The Adventures of Trashmaster and Mega-Mouser!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I think I said this already but never getting a TMNT/Transformers crossover* when IDW had the rights to both is just criminal

*or really with any of the Hasbro properties IDW had the rights to, a GI Joe crossover practically writes itself, and even a MLP crossover could have been pretty fun if handled correctly

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Shame they weren't doing crossover toys back when they put out the X-Files crossover, do a Muldertron that turns into a black 94 Chevy Caprice

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

*or really with any of the Hasbro properties IDW had the rights to, a GI Joe crossover practically writes itself, and even a MLP crossover could have been pretty fun if handled correctly

They actually did a surprising amount of crossover stuff. Their Transformers books were eventually folded into their Hasbro Universe - most of it was fairly minor, but Skywarp straight-up became a member of GI Joe.

They also did a bunch of out of continuity stuff (From the TFWiki):
  • Mars Attacks: The Transformers (2013) One-shot crossover comic with the trading card franchise.
  • Transformers vs. G.I. Joe (2014–2017) — Crossover maxi-series set in a separate continuity.
  • Angry Birds Transformers (2014–2015) Four-issue limited series based on the crossover video game.
  • Star Trek vs. Transformers (2018–2019) — Five-issue limited crossover series featuring the cast of Star Trek's 1974 animated series.
  • Transformers/Ghostbusters (2019) — Five-issue limited crossover series set in IDW's Ghostbusters comics continuity.
  • Transformers vs. The Terminator (2020) — Four-issue limited crossover series.
  • My Little Pony/Transformers: Friendship in Disguise! (2020) — Four-issue limited crossover series featuring the cast of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
  • Transformers/Back to the Future (2020-2021) — Four-issue limited crossover series.
  • My Little Pony/Transformers: The Magic of Cybertron (2021) — Four-issue limited crossover series and direct sequel to Friendship in Disguise!

It's definitely kind of weird that they never did anything with the Turtles though.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Probably because Hasbro doesn’t make Turtles toys. Or else we would’ve gotten a comic series with toys for a transforming party wagon and Technodrome.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Open Marriage Night posted:

Probably because Hasbro doesn’t make Turtles toys. Or else we would’ve gotten a comic series with toys for a transforming party wagon and Technodrome.

I mean they've done the Jurassic Park stuff and the main toy license for that property is with Mattel at the moment

Robot Style posted:

They actually did a surprising amount of crossover stuff. Their Transformers books were eventually folded into their Hasbro Universe - most of it was fairly minor, but Skywarp straight-up became a member of GI Joe.

• Mars Attacks: The Transformers (2013) One-shot crossover comic with the trading card franchise.
  • Transformers vs. G.I. Joe (2014–2017) — Crossover maxi-series set in a separate continuity.
  • Angry Birds Transformers (2014–2015) Four-issue limited series based on the crossover video game.
  • Star Trek vs. Transformers (2018–2019) — Five-issue limited crossover series featuring the cast of Star Trek's 1974 animated series.
  • Transformers/Ghostbusters (2019) — Five-issue limited crossover series set in IDW's Ghostbusters comics continuity.
  • My Little Pony/Transformers: Friendship in Disguise! (2020) — Four-issue limited crossover series featuring the cast of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
  • Transformers/Back to the Future (2020-2021) — Four-issue limited crossover series.
  • My Little Pony/Transformers: The Magic of Cybertron (2021) — Four-issue limited crossover series and direct sequel to Friendship in Disguise!

It's definitely kind of weird that they never did anything with the Turtles though.

I'm aware of those, I meant the Turtles doing crossovers with either of those

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Robot Style posted:

There was also an X-Files/Transformers crossover that actually took place in the Hearts of Steel universe, in which Scully makes a vaccine by combining Transformers CNA with Ninja Turtle DNA. The TFs and the TMNTs never interact or meet, though, since the point of the miniseries was the X-Files characters sort of doing a tour of the IDW licenses.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://x.com/chrismcfeely/status/1726268247664718315?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Aw man

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Phy posted:

Shame they weren't doing crossover toys back when they put out the X-Files crossover, do a Muldertron that turns into a black 94 Chevy Caprice

Mulder and Scully duocon with a UFO altmode, please

poo poo, remold the Star wars crossovers millennium falcon for it

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I wanna see someone make a custom technodrome transformer out of one of the planet bots.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I picked up the Troop Builder multipack the other day, and I have to say I really like the G2 Decepticon soldier a lot more than his moldmate Skullgrin. Between the colors, the padded chest, and the Casey Jones face, he feels like the mascot of a minor league hockey team that's trying really hard to do an edgy rebrand.

His Earth mode is definitely a Zamboni.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

That guy also has the benefit of having a belt buckle that's a tiny version of his own head. Like that duck from U.S. Acres.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

This isn't Transformers but feels thread-relevant.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Not a Black Friday deal but Legacy Laser Optimus Prime is only 36 bucks on Amazon at the moment

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Today I was at a work conference and was sat next to someone with a Decepticon logo necklace and a sticker on her laptop reading "This Machine Kills Functionists". So that was fun.