Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
cat dead, details later

Also, this will be a Christmas gift for a friend born from a conversation about subjects LEGO probably won't make a set about. It's the Twitch Streamer Selling Her Bath Water set!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Un grill? What the hell is that???!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

amogus

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Kazzah posted:

Lego side ruined, must use Mega instructions

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kazzah posted:

Yeah it should be uneventful girle

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Carbohydrates posted:

cat dead, details later

aw poo poo, condolences :(

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s a Re-Animator reference

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Well I’m still sad about it! :mad:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Carbohydrates posted:

cat dead, details later

Also, this will be a Christmas gift for a friend born from a conversation about subjects LEGO probably won't make a set about. It's the Twitch Streamer Selling Her Bath Water set!

Sorry for your loss.

You now need to make the goon cave basement bedroom with mountains of garbage, a stained mattress and a tiny rear end pc setup.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I haven't seen that amazing movie in forever but as soon as I read and saw that I thought of the movie

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
I did not just lose a cat, I simply overestimated how many people have seen Re-Animator! Y'all are very much missing out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mB7iMd8L8Q

and for all my fellow dorks who watch a lot of youtube video essays, let the existence of this movie poster bring you new joy when you see this hbomberguy thumbnail:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
In a just world Jeffery Combs would be a household name.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Lizard Combatant posted:

In a just world Jeffery Combs would be a household name.

Weyoun are you talking about? :v:

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Is Bricklink down again? It's been timing out for two days.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Carbohydrates posted:

I did not just lose a cat, I simply overestimated how many people have seen Re-Animator! Y'all are very much missing out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mB7iMd8L8Q

I've seen this before, doesn't a goon have it as an...

quote:

and for all my fellow dorks who watch a lot of youtube video essays, let the existence of this movie poster bring you new joy when you see this hbomberguy thumbnail:

oh!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Is Bricklink down again? It's been timing out for two days.

The mainpage and login screen are not down for me

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

HootTheOwl posted:

The mainpage and login screen are not down for me

Hmmm, must be some kind of regional thing.

Edit: OK, I flushed my DNS and now it works... weird.

Prophet of Nixon fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Nov 15, 2023

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Last day for the APOLLO MOTEL if anyone wanted to pursue it through the BrickLink MOC Pop-Up Store, by the way!

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/moc-pop-up-store/54/Apollo-Motel

Something to note: if you want, you can just buy the instructions by clearing everything out of the auto-generated carts it makes afterward. Or, you can hold off 'til I throw this bad boy on Rebrickable, which I will be doing shortly after the Pop-Up Store program ends, so please don't actually feel rushed and FOMO yourself into spending money that you otherwise wouldn't have. Don't be emotionally manipulated into actions you're not entirely comfortable with! Capitalism!

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Looks like a lot of decent deals coming next week at Walmart for Legos, especially Disney ones. The app advertised Disney belle castle to me for $45 down from $90. A lot of other sets are $10 or more off.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Carbohydrates posted:

Something to note: if you want, you can just buy the instructions by clearing everything out of the auto-generated carts it makes afterward.

I did this

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Carbohydrates posted:

cat dead, details later

Lol, and also, lmao

I think the horror movie thread over in CD would get a big kick out of that

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
CaDA just released a really cool one https://decadastore.com/products/cada-forest-train-station-c66031w

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Tarquinn posted:

Weyoun are you talking about? :v:

Don't be a Brunt about it

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Can people who want to derail this thread just Shran?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
bsky-social-barbc-hwcfm

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Obviously this is a scam, right?

https://www.flashsaleprice.com/prod...s-6554852154b98

$18? What is happening

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I can assume what you saw based on the URL, but this is what I got:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
^^^^ :argh:

Flyinglemur posted:

Obviously this is a scam, right?

https://www.flashsaleprice.com/prod...s-6554852154b98

$18? What is happening

Yeah, you are right, I wouldn't pay 23 bucks for that ugly shirt!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Deeters posted:

I can assume what you saw based on the URL, but this is what I got:

Probably legit then.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
That's fuckin weird. When I click the link in my post and the replies, it goes to what I was trying to share. Anyway here's a screenshot

edit: I just went to checkout to see if the shipping was hundreds of dollars. Nope, $8

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's safe to assume that a retired set that originally cost $400 is not being unloaded on some "fell off the truck" clearance website for $20.

vvv it's guaranteed that if you were to order it and something actually got delivered to your home, it's going to be a counterfeit printed up at one of the zillions of chinese knockoff brick factories.

xzzy fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 17, 2023

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
That's not the only set. They also have the Ferrari Daytona for $20. I did see a user submitted picture and it looked a little off from the official one so I assumed it was a bad clone, just didn't know if anyone had seen this particular site. Obviously not since y'all just keep lookin at ugly shirts

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Flyinglemur posted:

That's fuckin weird. When I click the link in my post and the replies, it goes to what I was trying to share. Anyway here's a screenshot

edit: I just went to checkout to see if the shipping was hundreds of dollars. Nope, $8

It's on my company's blacklist so I'm going to say scam.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Flyinglemur posted:

That's not the only set. They also have the Ferrari Daytona for $20. I did see a user submitted picture and it looked a little off from the official one so I assumed it was a bad clone, just didn't know if anyone had seen this particular site. Obviously not since y'all just keep lookin at ugly shirts

there's a million obvious scam websites like that 'selling' all sorts of poo poo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The fact it’s trying to look as much like the Lego website as it can would be the first big red flag for me.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Sounds like the Orient Express is so changed from the Ideas submission because the Orient Express is still a live brand so they had to work with a license holder who wanted to focus on the cars not the locomotive.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
But the locomotive looks better than what I thought it would based on the earlier images. I still want a more highly detailed, large (like UCS equivalent) train kit, but this is nice nonetheless. I'll probably get it as a birthday present for myself.

Also holy poo poo using Minion heads as the steam dome and the sand dome makes me laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Flyinglemur posted:

Thank God, they take Diners Club.

EDIT: is this the first time Lego has formally called their tracks L-Gauge?

Blue Moonlight fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 17, 2023