Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Scratch Monkey posted:

How do you even get gout?

My case? Genetic and it flares up from stress over diet. My old family doctor couldn't believe it was stress related and insisted it was too much alcohol despite me drinking maybe once every ... 4 months maybe? Anyhow, every time I had an extended stressful situation quite often my gout would flare. When my wife passed I was in a load of pain both mentally and physically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Engrish gone horribly wrong...

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Trumps favorite dish spotted!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Our local menu had written, along the lower border: "WE WILL PLEASURE TO SERVE YOUR FLAVORITE DISH"

Then there was this buffet (since closed for some reason COVID:

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
Joro Spiders! Bad, bad dudes. Invasive species currently taking over the East Coast, Northern and Southern. Can get up to 6-8" including legs.
Spider Spoiler

While venomous, supposedly their teeth are too short to break human skin. But they eff up wherever the end up going, destroying insects. Good insects! Like pollinators, etc.
Plus, they're also the type of spider that can shoot a web up into the air and fly around all willy nilly.

One man in Georgia walked a 95 yard perimeter, and found about 40 of them. So one every 2 yards or so.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
Cursed Peppa Pig, fell on hard times.

Legit Spider Pig

Piglet .. in one of his many forms

Have some Pooh

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 15, 2023

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Funny thing about that picture: it doesn't have to even be anywhere near that bad to be can't-keep-foot-under-even-an-empty-duvet-cover-at-night-but-it-also-just-hurts-like-a-really-bad-toothache-all-the-time-anyway-lol painful. The picture is the stage where patients would start rummaging around for a hacksaw to cure themselves if only the air friction didn't hurt so badly you'd just pass out so you don't dare move.

So it's like debilitating back pain only in your foot? AS a sufferer of the former, I'm trying to imagine this and having a hard time. I guess there's common ground wherein the simple act of walking is a major hassle but a toothache in my foot that inhibits my sleep is something I'm having difficulty identifying with.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
It feels like the effected joint is filled with thousands of tiny shards of glass

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Lt. Cock posted:

It feels like the effected joint is filled with thousands of tiny shards of glass
This is because the effected joint is filled with thousands of tiny shards of uric acid.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

So it's like debilitating back pain only in your foot? AS a sufferer of the former, I'm trying to imagine this and having a hard time. I guess there's common ground wherein the simple act of walking is a major hassle but a toothache in my foot that inhibits my sleep is something I'm having difficulty identifying with.

I’m prone to both. At its worst, the gout was way more painful and limiting on my mobility. I could barely hobble around my flat and it was days before I could get to the shop across the road for basic supplies. Sleeping was very difficult. Not only was the duvet painfully heavy, the weight of my foot itself was. Best I could do was lie on my stomach with my feet pointing down over the edge of the mattress.

Yet I hate backache worse.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Liquid Chicken posted:

Engrish gone horribly wrong...

Ugh, I don't want my spaghetti. Are you gonna eat your come

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Flakey posted:

I did mushrooms with a friend once and he got an attack of gout from the high amount of uric acid or whatever in the mushrooms.

Speaking of which here's a kidney stone

Bet that was fun to pass.

The really cursed thing in the image is using a ruler for scale but not showing what units its in so its actually completely useless.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

inches are divided in 5s, right?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Those are almost certainly mm

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Those are units of agony. It is 9 agonies long.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

So it's like debilitating back pain only in your foot?

Gout can occur in any joint can't it? Pretty much random which one.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The horror here is not what your sentient fingers can do to you, but where you stick your fingers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bitterandtwisted posted:

inches are divided in 5s, right?

How the hell would I know?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Gout can occur in any joint can't it? Pretty much random which one.

Well sure but it's usually the big toe because of, among other things, gravity.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Where would gout form in zero g? Would it just disperse evenly about the body?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Azza Bamboo posted:

balls obviously

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Uric acid is stored in the balls

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Gout of the boner

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The really cursed thing in the image is using a ruler for scale but not showing what units its in so its actually completely useless.

ABFO No. 2 or death.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

Then it wouldn't be gout.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Those are kilometers

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Saw this in the wild:

PASSWORD BOOK
Notebook for all your favorite sites, usernames and passwords

Why the hell would you enable these people?!

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

A Worrying Warlock posted:

Saw this in the wild:

PASSWORD BOOK
Notebook for all your favorite sites, usernames and passwords

Why the hell would you enable these people?!

:capitalism:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
you dont buy them to put your actual usernames and passwords in it. you fill them with fake information and leave it out to confuse the thief!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Tbh., in the thread environment of today, writing passwords down and keeping them in your home is a lot better than having weak passwords, myPasswords.xlsx, or using the same password everywhere. If I could get the most password manager renitent users to at least use a notebook with different passwords for each system, I would feel a lot better.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I would tattoo my passwords onto my butthole

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I have all of my passwords saved in an encrypted WORD document.

On a floppy.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Doesn't everyone just have Post-Its stuck all around their monitor?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

My Spirit Otter posted:

you dont buy them to put your actual usernames and passwords in it. you fill them with fake information and leave it out to confuse the thief!

I remember Miiko Hyponnen tweeting once that you should write a deliberately incorrect PIN on your credit cards in case they get stolen

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Nobody Interesting posted:

I remember Miiko Hyponnen tweeting once that you should write a deliberately incorrect PIN on your credit cards in case they get stolen

the fat guy with acne who hovers around?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

blight rhino posted:

Cursed Peppa Pig, fell on hard times.

Legit Spider Pig

Piglet .. in one of his many forms

Have some Pooh

*Red sun starts playing* this thread is now blocked in china

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Cursed is I already ate some sesame cookies before noticing and shared with my friends.

Also I saw another one in there.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Looks like they were done by Salt, a glass artist

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

By popular demand posted:

Cursed is I already ate some sesame cookies before noticing and shared with my friends.

Also I saw another one in there.

Complaining about a little extra protein, smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm going back to the store tomorrow morning and showing them the unwanted consumers.
which may lead to more cursed content.