Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kestral posted:

Yep! It goes all the way back to the early editions of the game, first showing up in 1992's Chromebook Vol. 2, which Pondsmith wrote himself. They're called exotics, and the mod actually looks fairly faithful to the lore. Apparently there's a gangoon exotic ingame, a guy with crocodile skin, but it's genuinely kind of weird that you don't see a lot more people running around with tails and cat ears. One of the few cases where the furry fandom modding anthros into every possible game actually improves the lore-accuracy of said game.

To be fair it sounds like an asset development nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

To be fair it sounds like a nightmare.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Discendo Vox posted:

To be fair it sounds like an asset development nightmare.

Oh absolutely, given the development clusterfuck that was Cyberpunk 2077, I can't blame them at all. It's just one of those weird edge cases in a game that is otherwise powerfully dedicated to its setting, this thing doesn't appear at all until the furries show up. It's like if you did a Shadowrun game that never mentioned riggers: you can see why they wouldn't, but it would still make you go "Huh" once you realized it.

Imagine what Bad Dragon is like in Cyberpunk's timeline. Vat-grown wyvern dicks with optional venom gland add-on.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Kestral posted:

Imagine what Bad Dragon is like in Cyberpunk's timeline. Vat-grown wyvern dicks with optional venom gland add-on.

Who do you think made the dick that guy had which was shorting out and electrocuting him while you drove him to the doctor, huh?

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Kitfox88 posted:

Who do you think made the dick that guy had which was shorting out and electrocuting him while you drove him to the doctor, huh?

Mister Stud implants are human cybercocks, Bad Dragon would never stoop so low :colbert:

Unless… unless they’ve been bought out by nefarious corps. Is nothing safe from these monsters? Must they take even our meme 24” dragon dildos from us???

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

It's a cyberpunk dystopia, not a cyberpunk utopia.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Kestral posted:

There is actually an official Shadowrun expansion book that has rules for hotswappable custom cybergenitals (among other things). It even dedicates a brief in-character aside to a runner waxing poetic about how awesome they are, especially if they've got good haptics. IIRC it's not entirely clear which end of the cybergenitals this particular runner is accustomed to being on, but they're profusely enthusiastic in any case :v:

The funniest part is that, because they're cybernetics, cybercocks can have Capacity - space for integrated gadgets and electronics. Want a big floppy wang that incorporates a grappling hook and a remote detonator? Well my friend,

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Angry Diplomat posted:

The funniest part is that, because they're cybernetics, cybercocks can have Capacity - space for integrated gadgets and electronics. Want a big floppy wang that incorporates a grappling hook and a remote detonator? Well my friend,

:cop: "You there; what're you doing in that alleyway?!"

:ninja: "Uhh... poo poo..... jerking it? Yeah, YEAH, I'm just jerking off!... "

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Angry Diplomat posted:

Suffering from cyberpsychosis because of my monster robo-dong.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Angry Diplomat posted:

There is actually an official Shadowrun expansion book that has rules for hotswappable custom cybergenitals (among other things). It even dedicates a brief in-character aside to a runner waxing poetic about how awesome they are, especially if they've got good haptics. IIRC it's not entirely clear which end of the cybergenitals this particular runner is accustomed to being on, but they're profusely enthusiastic in any case :v:

Okay, so I gotta know, which edition? This sounds amazing :allears:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Angry Diplomat posted:

That’s way better than the grappendix

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

now, is remote detonator in this context a controller, or a detachable explosive
could go either way here

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Something something, delayed explosion

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Philippe posted:

Something something, hair trigger.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
That scene in every heist movie where they have to remote-detonate something but the detonator doesn't work right away, so they push the button a bunch of times, only it's a guy slamming his hand on his cyberdick while the rest of the team stares at him.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

"I need you to kick me in the nuts as hard as you can. It's the only way."

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Okay, so I gotta know, which edition? This sounds amazing :allears:

I want to say 5th. Chrome Flesh, I think?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Arcanuse posted:

now, is remote detonator in this context a controller, or a detachable explosive
could go either way here

Reaching into my pants to rip off my cyber-nuts so I can throw them at the cops as smoke bombs

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Angry Diplomat posted:

All right, thanks! :haw:

Anyway, back to the thread subject, I've been playing Fo4 just for Sim Settlements 2 and hol-ly poo poo, it's so good! It's exactly what the plot of Fallout 4 should have been- building up settlements and then uniting them against a greater threat, which is fueled by what I'd argue is the primary gameplay loop of Fallout 4: collecting junk to improve your stuff. That said, it also introduces new gameplay elements such as wholly indoor settlements (I'm kind of close to doing that stuff, so I can't go too in-depth) while making the present Fo4 settlement stuff both easy and satisfying (at least to me). Hell, I'm gonna go as far as to say I don't think I'm going to play Starfield until a similar mod pops up.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

this seems like a good thread to ask, im having a heck of a time wading thru information to find what I want:

been looking for PS2 GTA game hacks, after seeing a GTA3 mod that inserts a whole new storyline and makes a couple map changes (Forelli Redemption), and it's impressive, but it still runs on the janky GTA3 engine, with cars seemingly made of paper b/c they modeled damage more realistically

Also: strongly preferring mods for the PS2 versions, as it's a breeze to get those working in Windows as opposed to the original PC releases, plus, I'm broke but I do have my old PS2 games.

I think it would be real fun if someone did the laborious task of modifying all three of the PS2 cities to be set in 2016,

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Peanut Butler posted:

this seems like a good thread to ask, im having a heck of a time wading thru information to find what I want:

been looking for PS2 GTA game hacks, after seeing a GTA3 mod that inserts a whole new storyline and makes a couple map changes (Forelli Redemption), and it's impressive, but it still runs on the janky GTA3 engine, with cars seemingly made of paper b/c they modeled damage more realistically

Also: strongly preferring mods for the PS2 versions, as it's a breeze to get those working in Windows as opposed to the original PC releases, plus, I'm broke but I do have my old PS2 games.

I think it would be real fun if someone did the laborious task of modifying all three of the PS2 cities to be set in 2016,

Genuinely thought this was posted in the shadowrun thread for a moment lmao.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Considering the settlements system was a knockoff of a fnv mod it’s kind of sad that there’s no modern fnv equivalent. The mod it was knocking off of last updated 12 years ago

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Angry Diplomat posted:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Thanks I hate it

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Wasn't the fnv one an arthmoor?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nalesh posted:

Wasn't the fnv one an arthmoor?

No, and there's also a Skyrim version.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Total War Warhammer 3

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Aww look how fluffy he is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Lone Badger posted:

Aww look how fluffy he is.

There's so many spiders that I think would be really loving cute if they were the size of a small dog. There's others that would be terrifying, but there's some really cute spiders that you can only see how cute they are with a telephoto lens.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mordja posted:

Total War Warhammer 3

That thing could carry gallons of water on its head.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Angry Diplomat posted:

A player in my first Shadowrun game I played in had a character with a grappling hook in his dick like their main thing.
And that was about it for that character.

Angry Diplomat posted:

You can definitely do it in 4th edition as well.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

A player in my first Shadowrun game I played in had a character with a grappling hook in his dick like their main thing.
And that was about it for that character.

Hard to improve on perfection.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/104865

Finally, a good clothing mod for Skyrim

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Screw the rules, I have Imperial Drakes!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

Hard to improve on perfection.

I frankly wouldn't go that far as the player in question was a twatter and mostly did stuff for the lulz.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Philippe posted:

That's where the ovipositor ones come in handy.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

Yeah, it's Chrome Flesh.

The only reason I know is that when I was roped into a game, and mentioned that my cyborg had crow-like feet as flavor. I then learned that there is no such thing as flavor in Shadowrun. If it's there, it's got stats and you're paying for those stats, gently caress you.

I love the setting, but I do not know a single other game that is 1) as confusing and granular as SR and 2) written with so much loving microfiction breaking up vital information.

It is a combo of needing to pay attention to detail and those details being hilariously obfuscated by someone's hammy RP logs.

What I'm saying is it sucks, I love it. (I'm not being ironic. I love this stupid game. It's awful.)

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

DicktheCat posted:

What I'm saying is it sucks, I love it. (I'm not being ironic. I love this stupid game. It's awful.)

:hmmyes: I love how loving ridiculously stupid and tone-deaf it is too, like the fact that Christian exorcists are a specific mage sub-class in an expansion book, as are astrologers and people who read tarot cards.

Shadowrun is absolutely loving terrible in so many goddamn ways, and I earnestly appreciate that.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

One of the best parts of the setting is the innumerable fluff pieces between all the actual mechanical stuff. Best splats in any TTRPG hands down because I get to read Jackpointers commenting like it's a loving A/T thread or sniping at each other until one gets probed. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Kitfox88 posted:

One of the best parts of the setting is the innumerable fluff pieces between all the actual mechanical stuff. Best splats in any TTRPG hands down because I get to read Jackpointers commenting like it's a loving A/T thread or sniping at each other until one gets probed. :allears:

Seriously. My favorite part of running that godforsaken system was writing fake shadowrunner forum conversations about stuff the PCs were doing, so the players could see the impact of their runs on the world.