Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Kinda want these playing cards.

https://plus44.world/collections/44-x-tmkk-2023/products/44-takashi-murakami-card-deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I have had the worst day imaginable and am extremely caremad as a result, but seriously that guy is so inexcusably awful and I'd always the first berk to drop his dipshit opinions over any microphone he can splash his twattishness over.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Theophany posted:

I have had the worst day imaginable and am extremely caremad as a result, but seriously that guy is so inexcusably awful and I'd always the first berk to drop his dipshit opinions over any microphone he can splash his twattishness over.

He sucks and should get all of the debilitating diseases.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

crack open an ice cold beer and watch some Frasier to unwind friend.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Theophany posted:

Sorry wasn’t paying attention over the last few pages. Is this about Khablam again?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Cimber posted:

I just found out that the race this weekend starts at 1 AM for me. I live on the East Coast. WTF.

I guess I won't see live how much of a shitshow this is going to be.

It's on at 6am in the UK which is loving hilarious

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Wait so the first practice is Thursday night??

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
First practice is at about 9pm local time and second practice at midnight. The midnight one is 8am UK time so I will watch that one I think.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sunk Dunk posted:

Wait so the first practice is Thursday night??

yeah the schedule is really bonkers this weekend because it turns out motor racing is really loud and intrusive at many levels, so they have to race at 10 PM local Saturday night (midnight Eastern, I think 5AM in the UK?) to not gently caress up any of the shows put on by the various performers in residence.

Liberty already has had to buy out the Sphere for the weekend because the events made it impossible to use for anything else. This is worth noting because the Sphere has lost about 100 million dollars since opening. Imagine getting taken to the cleaners by an empty loving ball. Lol. Lmao.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
what's inside the sphere? wigs?

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

the milk machine posted:

Bono lives there now

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
finally a prison that can contain the world's most heinous criminal

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Khablam posted:

It won't be an issue and anyone who thinks otherwise is performatively doing so as clickbait.

Wanna :toxx: on it?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the milk machine posted:

probably, Vegas skews bald

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

yeah the schedule is really bonkers this weekend because it turns out motor racing is really loud and intrusive at many levels, so they have to race at 10 PM local Saturday night (midnight Eastern, I think 5AM in the UK?) to not gently caress up any of the shows put on by the various performers in residence.
It’s really the night race that makes it impossible to have a good timeslot.

It’s only UTC-8. A noon race would be 3 PM US ET and 8 PM UK, no one would complain.

But once you go to after sunset at 5 PM, now you have to pick whether you want Europe or Eastern US audiences to screw over and they picked US.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

harperdc posted:

Wanna :toxx: on it?

hes wont even toxx himself for a 2024 max wdc. he has no balls

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

smackfu posted:

It’s really the night race that makes it impossible to have a good timeslot.

It’s only UTC-8. A noon race would be 3 PM US ET and 8 PM UK, no one would complain.

But once you go to after sunset at 5 PM, now you have to pick whether you want Europe or Eastern US audiences to screw over and they picked US.

It's as late as it is presumably to avoid the higher dew point at sunset in the desert (same issue Qatar faces in MotoGP) which actually does impact tire grip. which should be another tip off that the "tires cold omg drama" thing is made up sensationalised bullshit to get the Netflix mouth breathers to tune in. its extremely likely they took the climate into consideration when setting the race time.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Well.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I would gladly toxx but wtf am I even toxxing. that the drivers aren't going to get on the radio and complain about the tires? they do that every weekend already, its not an indicator of an actual issue with the tires.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

none of these are the actual reasons its that late. its that late because its the only usa night race and if they do it any earlier the euro time zone (actual audience) will be asleep and they dont give a gently caress about americans. cota doesnt have this problem becuase they can run it way earlier in the day

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Yeah 100% they thought that it would be more of a spectacle to do it at night in Vegas and just shifted it late as poo poo to try and save the European viewership.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

I would gladly toxx but wtf am I even toxxing. that the drivers aren't going to get on the radio and complain about the tires? they do that every weekend already, its not an indicator of an actual issue with the tires.

that temperatures cause actual Problems with the weekend and/or race.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

George Russell will crash.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

harperdc posted:

as he is saying he will absolutely never agree it was the temperature even if the entire paddock says it's the problem

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Lmao at quid's red text. I hope the abrasive part is a reference to tyres

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Toe Rag posted:

George Russell will crash.

So it'll be a good race then.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

harperdc posted:

as I said, they complain about the tires every loving weekend so they 100% will pin it on the imaginary straw man thats being thrown around to hype the race up but sure probe me a month

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ethanol posted:

as he is saying he will absolutely never agree it was the temperature even if the entire paddock says it's the problem

yeah therein lies the problem with all the tires effort posting, you can turn out to be demonstrably wrong and still just blame the preternatural incompetence inherent to ferrari and nobody cares because it's such a dumb and exhausting argument

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

because it's such a dumb and exhausting argument

thats the whole point of the thread

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tony quidtana posted:

thats the whole point of the thread

a cast iron conclusion if I've ever seen one

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

in my mind if the tires were actually an issue they would change the protocol around them for this weekend to try and mitigate the issue but tbh I don't really care so I'll eat the month if they complain about it, who gives a gently caress lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

if tony is wrong khablam should eat the probe

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Diet Crack posted:

It's on at 6am in the UK which is loving hilarious

That’s the majority of races in vegas, which is loving hilarious to hear brits cry about

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

FAUXTON posted:

Liberty already has had to buy out the Sphere for the weekend because the events made it impossible to use for anything else. This is worth noting because the Sphere has lost about 100 million dollars since opening. Imagine getting taken to the cleaners by an empty loving ball. Lol. Lmao.

1am eastern. Vegas is in pacific time. Also someone on my flight was bitching that the sphere was blacked out this weekend. He absolutely was oblivious to F1 going on this week lmfao.

Also 10pm local is ABSOLUTELY loving up every show. That is when they all start basically, some headliners aren’t going on until 1 or 2am.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

tony quidtana posted:

It's as late as it is presumably to avoid the higher dew point at sunset in the desert (same issue Qatar faces in MotoGP) which actually does impact tire grip. which should be another tip off that the "tires cold omg drama" thing is made up sensationalised bullshit to get the Netflix mouth breathers to tune in. its extremely likely they took the climate into consideration when setting the race time.

What was up with the FIA folks in Austin saying Vegas was going to be hotter and worse than Qatar then?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

in my mind if the tires were actually an issue they would change the protocol around them for this weekend to try and mitigate the issue but tbh I don't really care so I'll eat the month if they complain about it, who gives a gently caress lol

I feel like it's going to be mentioned by Pirelli tomorrow, and ignored until everyone ice skates around during FP1 and they might do something about it for FP2 forward.

[edit] and as mentioned in some of the articles I've read, of course this dumb "oops! all straightaways" layout is going to allow the tires and brakes to cool off ahead of the next big braking zone. it may not cause like actual part failures, but it's sure going to take the tires, brakes, maybe the engine systems out of their happy temperature ranges.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

TheBacon posted:

That’s the majority of races in vegas, which is loving hilarious to hear brits cry about

Acting as if the scheduling of this race isn't moronic in itself alongside everything else is hilarious to cry about

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TheBacon posted:

1am eastern. Vegas is in pacific time. Also someone on my flight was bitching that the sphere was blacked out this weekend. He absolutely was oblivious to F1 going on this week lmfao.

Also 10pm local is ABSOLUTELY loving up every show. That is when they all start basically, some headliners aren’t going on until 1 or 2am.

that's even loving funnier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I am also offering this