Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
horses and bulls are different animals.

hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

bullshit has less malicious intent. it's like nonsense. a person might feed you a line of bullshit simply out of ignorance. horseshit is more intentional and deserving of scorn and should be said more emphatically

Well said. Bullshitting can be so mild that it basically just means small talk. For example you can bullshit with your coworkers about which dragon ball character is the best. Horseshit has no chill, it is exclusively used for objectively bad or wrong things.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I still go with

Here's my clearly unpopular opinion: videos should always be in a wide format.

Also what must be an unpopular opinion based on random rear end videos Facebook shows me that have like hundreds of millions of views: videos that WERE in widescreen but cropped so I can look at it in like a portrait view with janky pan and scan with text being cut off and a snarfly guy's laugh looping over the content also inferior

credburn has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Nov 9, 2023

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Punkinhead posted:

Well said. Bullshitting can be so mild that it basically just means small talk. For example you can bullshit with your coworkers about which dragon ball character is the best. Horseshit has no chill, it is exclusively used for objectively bad or wrong things.

I hadn't really thought about it but yeah, this all tracks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I do not give a poo poo if Twitter embeds aren't working for you. Shut the gently caress up.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I do. I want everyone to share in the content on this multi-user forum, and appreciate when people let others know their needs and different experiences.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

credburn posted:

I still go with

Here's my clearly unpopular opinion: videos should always be in a wide format.

Counterpoint:

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Children who grew up in New York City should be required to go on a Rumspringa so they can see the outside world and make an informed decision before making a lifetime commitment to living there.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Excuse me, NYC is the only place with corner stores so it's clearly the best place.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Nameless Pete posted:

Children who grew up in New York City should be required to go on a Rumspringa
As a child who grew up in NYC, yes.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Juice should be illegal. Imagine growing a whole-rear end fruit just for its water and sugar content. Embarrassing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Juice should be illegal. Imagine growing a whole-rear end fruit just for its water and sugar content. Embarrassing.

Don’t tell me you drink pulp free orange juice. Like a child.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Imagine growing a whole-rear end fruit just to keep like 1% of its solid mass

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Imagine growing a whole-rear end fruit just to keep like 1% of its solid mass

Don’t tell me you drink light pulp orange juice. Like a slightly older child.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Gripweed posted:

Don’t tell me you drink pulp free orange juice. Like a child.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I'm not wasting half my day trying to eat a pomegranate.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Nameless Pete posted:

Just break it open in a big bowl of water. It separates easily and you can just remove the rind/pith.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Nameless Pete posted:

That's the best way to eat a pomegranate. Sitting outside in the sun with a drink or four and a pomegranate all afternoon.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

How do you feel about almond milk

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

thetoughestbean posted:

We should stop milking them. They don't even have nipples!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Panfilo posted:

what if we generally modified them to have nipples

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

thetoughestbean posted:

This is actually a pet peeve of mine!

Yeah it's more environmentally friendly than cow milk but not as much as you think, it's still an assload of water compared to other alternatives!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Oatmilk is the best milk substitute. Almond milk is gross and so is soy milk

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Gaius Marius posted:

Oatmilk is the best milk substitute. Almond milk is gross and so is soy milk

I'm allergic to oats and lactose

personally I'm looking forward to potato milk

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time
The whole "multiverse" as part of a plot line is a lazy, garbage method of story development that targets the lowest common denominator of filmgoer. This is especially true when the plotline suddenly veers off into showing hundreds or even thousands of alternate universes and/or characters.

"My favorite Spiderman was the rainbow one with the artificial leg!" gently caress you. There is only 1 Spiderman. Everyone knows his backstory.

Anything Marvel, the new season of Invincible, and loving Everything, Everywhere, All at Once and just complete, forgettable crap.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Panfilo posted:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Yowza! :wiggle:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
EEAAO is an incredible movie

Also there are at least two Spider-Men

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

alexandriao posted:

I'm allergic to oats and lactose

personally I'm looking forward to potato milk

What a time to be alive.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

thetoughestbean posted:

Even before the multiverse there were two Spider-Mans; Peter Parker and Ben Reilly. Cat rear end Trophy is just ignorant.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ben Riley got done dirty

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

thetoughestbean posted:

I must have missed the Spider-Men in that movie, but to be fair I didn't even recognize Jamie Lee Curtis until the credits rolled.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Gripweed posted:

Even before the multiverse there were two Spider-Mans; Peter Parker and Ben Reilly. Cat rear end Trophy is just ignorant.

I mean Miles Morales has been spiderman for well over a decade or two now, and his character arguably works better than them resurrecting peter's dead rear end storyline for another run on the treadmill

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Water and sugar is all fruits are js

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Water and sugar is all fruits are js

If that were true juice would be cool. Fruits have fiber which people desperately need based on my experience with the people I share a bathroom with at work.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Who the gently caress is Ben Reilly? Is that the guy who became Venom?

I only know of Peter Parker but I was always curious as to why sometimes his girlfriend was Mary Jane and other times it was some other girl? I figured it was because her name was Mary Jane and the comics wanted to move away from the suggestion of drugs or something. But I also don't know comics so

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Peter Parker is the original Spiderman and his two original love interests were Betty Brant and Liz Allen. This was back in highschool, Doc Ock kills Brant's brother and she ends up hating Spiderman so after some confusion Peter breaks it off, he never really gets with Liz at all.

Then he goes to college and meets Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane. He initially ends up with Gwen because MJ is more of a ditzy party girl who seems to sometimes be in a relationship with his roommate. Her dad is killed by the green goblin and then she is killed by the green goblin and he ends up with MJ who reveals herself to be more interesting than she initially appeared. They get married until the devil annuls the marriage decades later as part of a Faustian pact to save an octogenarian woman's life because the comic writers are hacks.

Ben Riley is Peters clone and a pretty chill dude.

Early Spiderman, and especially when it switches from Ditko to John Romita Sr. Is basically half superhero story half relationship drama.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Disco-era Bee Gees is better than early Bee Gees.

Yeah, it's a Boomer-y hot take. Don't care.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ben Reilly is currently a supervillain named Chasm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Disco-era Bee Gees is better than early Bee Gees.

Yeah, it's a Boomer-y hot take. Don't care.

Isn't that what they are best known and celebrated for?