Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just biding my time until it becomes worth it that I stashed Dorian Thompson-Robinson in dynasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

kiimo posted:

Just biding my time until it becomes worth it that I stashed Dorian Thompson-Robinson in dynasty

Well Watson’s done for the year so it’s closer than you think!

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

kiimo posted:

Literally willed this into existence.

kiimo you’ve done it again!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What are the prospects for DJ Moore? Is Justin Fields coming back soon?

Just announced that Fields is starting Sunday. Although who knows how effective he'll be coming out of injury.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Managed to pick up Ty Chandler with Mattison on concussion protocol, but Mattison is still listed as questionable, so I can't put him in my IR slot :argh:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah that’s always annoying. The same thing happened with Achane. It was announced he was going on IR but it took like 5 days for his designation to officially update so you couldn’t actually use his bench spot for waiver adds.

Although with Mattison there’s at least a small chance he clears protocol?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Docjowles posted:

Yeah that’s always annoying. The same thing happened with Achane. It was announced he was going on IR but it took like 5 days for his designation to officially update so you couldn’t actually use his bench spot for waiver adds.

Although with Mattison there’s at least a small chance he clears protocol?

Very slim, I think only two players who have been concussed have gone on to play the following week this year. Purdy and someone else.

I too will not be able to add Mattison's corpse to IR until Friday :fist:

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Watson done for, so what?

Let me just check the wire in my single QB 14 team league:

Oh...oh no.

In single QB, I'd trade for a QB. Otherwise you're riding shotgun with Zach this week.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Got a trade offer

Give
Josh Dobbs
James Connor

Get
Jordan Love
Keaton Mitchell

My main qb is Josh Allen, I picked up Dobbs not realizing the bye weeks were the same lol. The deal is really Mitchell for Dobbs n Connor in my mind as I'd drop Love for a different fill most likely. Seems a bit much for just Keaton?

My rbs are pretty bad though: Brian Robinson, James Connor, Jerome Ford, Tyjae Spears

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MacheteZombie posted:

Got a trade offer

Give
Josh Dobbs
James Connor

Get
Jordan Love
Keaton Mitchell

My main qb is Josh Allen, I picked up Dobbs not realizing the bye weeks were the same lol. The deal is really Mitchell for Dobbs n Connor in my mind as I'd drop Love for a different fill most likely. Seems a bit much for just Keaton?

My rbs are pretty bad though: Brian Robinson, James Connor, Jerome Ford, Tyjae Spears

Mitchell is currently around 20% snap share on the Ravens offense. You would be trading Conner in the hopes Mitchell one day becomes Conner. And you'd be getting Jordan Love, who is not startable in a 1QB league unless you get more points for interceptions and incompletions.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MacheteZombie posted:

Got a trade offer

Give
Josh Dobbs
James Connor

Get
Jordan Love
Keaton Mitchell

This trade doesn't make any sense for you unless you really hate Connor's prospects. I don't.

Jordan Love is basically a non-entity in fantasy football.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

yeah that trade seems bad unless you are 100% convinced Mitchell is going to turn into Achane. Conner should be a very serviceable RB2

Also lol speaking of RBs I am so hosed this week between injuries and byes. I am looking at starting Foreman in a 3 way committee in a bad matchup and like, Tyjae Spears or Rico Dowdle. Would be thrilled to have James Conner right about now. Grats to my opponent on their auto win.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lol that trade is borderline insulting considering Dobbs alone puts up 25pts/game in half ppr

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Speaking of bad trades I just got offered Justin Herbert, Brandin Cooks, and Darren Waller for my Dak. Why would I ever agree to this lmao. Waller is basically out for the year and I already have Mandrews, Cooks has had exactly one good game in a weird blowout situation, and Dak is on loving fire. This is the same guy who was trying to trade me Chuba Hubbard or something for Achane a few weeks ago. I wish ESPN had a "auto decline all trades from this person" feature.

I almost guarantee they talked about trading for Dak or offloading some of these guys on the Fantasy Footballers today. Every loving time they mention a player I have, I get a garbage lowball offer from him

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 15, 2023

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
What do you think of this guy from reddit's trade list? half PPR https://twitter.com/PeakedInHS_FF/status/1724778324390543856

I'm looking at trading Kupp for an RB and he's the only one that looks like he would say go for it if it Kamara or Swift based on a couple other calculators I tried. My league is 3WR so I'm not sure how that should tweak my thoughts. The same guy has Swift, Kamara, and Hall and he declined Hall.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whoreson Welles posted:

Literally willed this into existence.

kiimo you’ve done it again!

gently caress yeah

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1724820117303783842

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
I was a DTR hypeman when he was getting fined for unnecessary roughness as a QB but he's already started this season and was really really really really really really bad

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Speaking of bad trades I just got offered Justin Herbert, Brandin Cooks, and Darren Waller for my Dak. Why would I ever agree to this lmao. Waller is basically out for the year and I already have Mandrews, Cooks has had exactly one good game in a weird blowout situation, and Dak is on loving fire. This is the same guy who was trying to trade me Chuba Hubbard or something for Achane a few weeks ago. I wish ESPN had a "auto decline all trades from this person" feature.

I almost guarantee they talked about trading for Dak or offloading some of these guys on the Fantasy Footballers today. Every loving time they mention a player I have, I get a garbage lowball offer from him

lol loving called it. They spent a bunch of time talking today about how amazing Dak’s playoff schedule is.

Nov 6, 2002

So annoyed at last place dudes with 1-2 wins who decline every trade, with two days remaining on the deadline. Sell you idiots.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/JoshNorris/status/1724902721776664967?s=20

That explains a bunch (and also owns)

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Quick! Sell me on his combine stats/something cool he did in the preseason/his relation to the Chiefs.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

This is loving awesome, but also infuriating as I have Monty in two of my leagues and not Gibbs.

Edit: also love this week so far: on the bench:

JJ: IR until he clears, 1st pick

Bijan: Smith fuckery, on bye, 2nd pick

Tony P: Sucks rear end, team isn't using him, gonna start Rachaad White over him, 3rd pick

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 16, 2023

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Man I'm #2 in my office league and the #1 guy has taken it upon himself to butt in and argue against all my trades with anyone. He convinced a guy today I was fleecing him by offering Kelce and Ford for Gibbs. He even bitches about my trades in the chat. I gave him his only loss, and he's dogshit at trading too he tries constantly and gets turned down because his offers are usually preposterous and don't help the guy he's trading with.

These hyper-competitive whiny assholes ruin this poo poo. Hope I beat him again in the finals just to laugh at him.

Thanks I'll take #2 with fries

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

vaginite posted:

Man I'm #2 in my office league and the #1 guy has taken it upon himself to butt in and argue against all my trades with anyone. He convinced a guy today I was fleecing him by offering Kelce and Ford for Gibbs. He even bitches about my trades in the chat. I gave him his only loss, and he's dogshit at trading too he tries constantly and gets turned down because his offers are usually preposterous and don't help the guy he's trading with.

These hyper-competitive whiny assholes ruin this poo poo. Hope I beat him again in the finals just to laugh at him.

Why does he even know what trades you are offering? Once the trade is accepted, there are no backsies because someone bitched enough

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Sataere posted:

Why does he even know what trades you are offering? Once the trade is accepted, there are no backsies because someone bitched enough

Because I made the mistake of discussing the trade with the guy in earshot. And like yeah, there's no backsies, but the guy is still poisoning the well telling people I'm ripping them off. Meanwhile he's sending me offers to trade me Mike Evans for Amon-ra straight up.

e: Mike Evans is not Mike Williams

vaginite fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 16, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

So annoyed at last place dudes with 1-2 wins who decline every trade, with two days remaining on the deadline. Sell you idiots.

We they are checked out and bitter OP

Still trying to decide if I should try and sell Andrews for a haul since multiple people keep asking for him. This team is on the playoff bubble and really hinges on whether Puka and Achane can deliver down the stretch.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

vaginite posted:

Because I made the mistake of discussing the trade with the guy in earshot. And like yeah, there's no backsies, but the guy is still poisoning the well telling people I'm ripping them off. Meanwhile he's sending me offers to trade me Mike Evans for Amon-ra straight up.

e: Mike Evans is not Mike Williams

It must suck not to work with adults. In our group chat at work, a guy said he was willing to trade Bijan and/or Rhamondre. A few of us responded with ridiculous offers to mock him, two people made him a reasonable offer, and a trade was done in ten minutes. Then we made fun of our district manager for having the most points scored, but only being in seventh place.

The worst part about all of this is as commish, I made it so 25% of the pot goes to most points scored, but I'm in first place with no shot at the most points scored. :suicide:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Welp I have texted everyone who was thirsty for my players with my demands ahead of the trade deadline. Probably nothing comes of it but maybe I come away with JT or Amon-Ra for Andrews and <other pieces depending on suitor>

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Obviously every league is going to have a different culture but man mine must be super-extra-stingy when it comes to trades. My 12-team league has had three total trades all season, and I initiated two of them. Nobody wants to let go of anyone (including the people in 10-12th place, wtf what do you have to lose??)

We’re going to transition to a keeper league next year. Good to grok how all the other guys operate I suppose.

And now I remember how the one guy who was :smug: all draft night, bounced the moment he picked up his 16th player and didn’t stick around to hang and have fun, talked some mild trash in group text has not once used the waiver wire. :psyduck:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whoreson Welles posted:

Quick! Sell me on his combine stats/something cool he did in the preseason/his relation to the Chiefs.

He looked good in preseason. So did the Chiefs

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Judgy Fucker posted:

Obviously every league is going to have a different culture but man mine must be super-extra-stingy when it comes to trades. My 12-team league has had three total trades all season, and I initiated two of them. Nobody wants to let go of anyone (including the people in 10-12th place, wtf what do you have to lose??)

We’re going to transition to a keeper league next year. Good to grok how all the other guys operate I suppose.

And now I remember how the one guy who was :smug: all draft night, bounced the moment he picked up his 16th player and didn’t stick around to hang and have fun, talked some mild trash in group text has not once used the waiver wire. :psyduck:

We still aren’t a very trade heavy league but adding more things to trade on has definitely helped. Including keepers. If you’re trying to win this year maybe you send late round Jordan Addison or Anthony Richardson or something to a team that doesn’t have a good keeper. Helps those teams with 3 wins stay a little engaged too.

Nov 6, 2002

I've got an opportunity to buy low on either Kupp or Moore before their starting QBs come back. I feel like Moore is the better bet.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Guess who has Monty and lost by 5.5 points!

And now my league leading team in scoring is 5-5 and in danger of losing a wildcard playoff spot :shepicide:

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

vaginite posted:

I had a guy in my work league vote to veto my trade and tried to get others to. His reasoning was that it helped both of the teams in the trade and he was trying to make the playoffs. It didnt work tho.

He got fired a year later for bad mouthing the company via company email. Multiple times.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

My superflex dynasty league team is in a weird place. On paper my roster is pretty mid, aside from having Mahomes and Lamar as QBs, yet somehow i'm 2nd in my division at 7-3. However, I'm playing the two best teams in the league the next 2 weeks and the 3rd place team in my division after that, so there is a very real possibility that i'm 7-6 after that run. I'm not sure if I should ride the wave of luck that i'm on so far or if I should pull the pin and try to get some draft capital for 2024 and actually build a sustainable team while Mahomes and Lamar are in their primes.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Any thoughts on this trade? Half PPR, 3WR, Keeper, 12 man

Send Kupp, Conner
Get Hall, Sutton

For additional context, I have a lot of RBs but no top dogs. Jones, White, Conner, Ford, Mattison, Spears, Mitchell, Dowdle.

For WRs I have Lamb, Kupp, Evans, Q Johnston.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 16, 2023

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Just got an offer of ETN and Metcalf for my CMC right before the deadline lol.

Kinda tempted to make him up the ante to ETN and Amon-Ra or Lamb but it also just seems like a really dumb idea to move CMC at all

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It will be a dumb move until CMC gets injured imo. Lamb and Etienne are putting up a ton of points and have decent schedules

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
ETN and Amon-Ra might juuuuuust be enough to consider moving CMC. The Jags have been struggling a bit though but if you’re stacked at RB and weak at WR it might be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Whoreson Welles posted:

ETN and Amon-Ra might juuuuuust be enough to consider moving CMC. The Jags have been struggling a bit though but if you’re stacked at RB and weak at WR it might be worth it.

That’s my secret, I’m neither stacked at RB nor WR :smug: