Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Time is a flat circle

e:

stev fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1724865748906955192

:thunk:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Nuclear Spoon posted:

see if yours is in there i guess

always surprised when i see McDonnell is still a Labour MP - would have thought they'd have found a way to kick him out by now too

Lol my MP isn’t there despite being a Muslim in a heavily Muslim seat which was Labour’s safest seat at the last election (Bradford West). This is the seat that Galloway won for Respect in the wake of the Iraq war and tbh I could see Labour losing it to a genuine challenger if they’re going to continue on this path.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Pissflaps got permabanned and now spends his time being insanely racist and transphobic on Twitter.

I saw he was being… that a couple of years ago. He certainly wasn’t going at it half-heartedly. Was it that sort of thing that got him the boot here?

Microplastics posted:

You really came back to the UKMT after seven years? Oh my

Well, there was this guy corbyn right,

Once you go UKMT you never go er… SMTV?

I heard about him! Liked jam, got ratfucked by his own party, right?

keep punching joe posted:

Did you hear about Brexit?

Something about racism and a bus?

OwlFancier posted:

Hang on, hosed off in 2016, returned november 2023...

OP are you actually david cameron?

I have quite literally never hosed a dead pig, which David Cameron definitely has done, so no, I’m not him.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
What series of UK are we on, where the writers are reintroducing long-dead characters for ratings?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The Ch4 News economist talking about inflation just said that the Govt were engaging in a lot of "self-congratulation and black-slapping". I'm hoping it was a slip of the tongue but honestly who knows how they celebrate in Westminster

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Failed Imagineer posted:

The Ch4 News economist talking about inflation just said that the Govt were engaging in a lot of "self-congratulation and black-slapping". I'm hoping it was a slip of the tongue but honestly who knows how they celebrate in Westminster

https://youtu.be/hBXJQCxtFL8?si=5nXoVCUy0untXrg1 already a video out explaining why the inflation stuff is a bit nonsense.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Communist Bear posted:

Rofl emergency legalisation to say Rwanda is cool and good and you should totally visit sometime.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Tesseraction posted:

Pissflaps got permabanned and now spends his time being insanely racist and transphobic on Twitter.

he had the 'posters enemies list' notebook right? thought it was a bit but lol maybe not

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Bah gawd, Jess Flipp'd

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Jess Phillips resigned over the ceasefire vote. Didn't expect her to be one to jump!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Eight front benchers gone.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I know. :(

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

quote:

The rebels on the front bench included Phillips, Rachel Hopkins, Sarah Owen, Afzal Khan, Paula Barker, Naz Shah, Yasmin Quereshi and Andy Slaughter.

Last guy very aptly named

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

EvilHawk posted:

Jess Phillips resigned over the ceasefire vote. Didn't expect her to be one to jump!

One might look at the demographics of her parliament seat and suggest it may be a tad self motivated.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Jess Phillips redemption arc was not one I saw coming

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

EvilHawk posted:

Last guy very aptly named

Ok fair enough that is my MP on there, good for her.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1724877780662260172?s=20

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Some eyebrow raising names in there

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

It’s just such a bizarre and unnecessary self-I flirted wound from Starmer. These aren’t the ‘far left’, they’re MPs whose constituencies are pissing mad at Labour’s stance. I know that the approval of the right-wing rags guides all Labour policy at the moment but giving their MPs a free vote seems like it’s at least going to prevent this public mutiny and won’t shift any Tory voters minds much.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Gotta stand firm. Tough decisions must be made etc etc.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Kick them all out of the party for blatant antisemitism Keith, do the needful.

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

Eat poo poo, Keith

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
As an aside. Like its important to do the right thing and all and I guess maybe people in the rest of the world care what we do? (Citation needed)

But it all also feels a bit gross, labour, who aren't even a government seemingly fighting some kind of internal battle with the plight of Palestinians as the playing pieces.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the great thing about this is that now the focus is 100% on Labour being a shitshow and not the Tories knifing each other in the back yet again

just the best politicking by Keith, what an operator

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Noxville posted:

It’s just such a bizarre and unnecessary self-I flirted wound from Starmer. These aren’t the ‘far left’, they’re MPs whose constituencies are pissing mad at Labour’s stance. I know that the approval of the right-wing rags guides all Labour policy at the moment but giving their MPs a free vote seems like it’s at least going to prevent this public mutiny and won’t shift any Tory voters minds much.

It's the stupid corner he's backed himself into. He has to show that he is Strong on Anti-Semitism. Opposing Israel's actions is (in the stupid discourse of this country) anti-semitic. Ergo, calling for a ceasefire is anti-semitic.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Labour's whole election policy still seems to be targeted at something like 150k-200k 'swing voters' in the red wall.
They only care about appeasing them, and their friends in the media.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
293 politicians of a country that truly believe they represent ancient disproven stereotypes of British fair play and level-headedness voting for the continuation of ethnic cleansing. Jesus loving christ, I am so, so tired of this poo poo.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

NotJustANumber99 posted:

As an aside. Like its important to do the right thing and all and I guess maybe people in the rest of the world care what we do? (Citation needed)

But it all also feels a bit gross, labour, who aren't even a government seemingly fighting some kind of internal battle with the plight of Palestinians as the playing pieces.

It's not even an internal battle, this is cross-spectrum rebellion from the firmest comrade to the meltiest melt. He literally didn't have to do this, could've offered a free vote and now 1/4 of the PLP has rebelled

It's so loving stupid

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

No you fools, this is part of Starmer's five year plan to trick the tories into thinking Labour is weak, so they call an early election and then he will display the famed political nous of a leader-in-waiting all the pundits have ascribed to him.

Any day now...

It would be kind of hilarious though to enter a GE and in every interview the politician in question keeps going "so we don't know who's going to be leader yet - might be me - but don't worry about that. Vote for us."

kingturnip posted:

Labour's whole election policy still seems to be targeted at something like 150k-200k 'swing voters' in the red wall.
They only care about appeasing them, and their friends in the media.
I maintain that Starmer still thinks politics works like it did when he emerged in 2017. He still thinks he can do clever abstentions and then add things in the amendments. He still thinks the war is over the imaginary red wall voters. And he still thinks everyone wants to go back to 'politics as usual' when the world is on fire and we need to offer something different.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 15, 2023

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

No you fools, this is part of Starmer's five year plan to trick the tories into thinking Labour is weak, so they call an early election and then he will display the famed political nous of a leader-in-waiting all the pundits have ascribed to him.

Any day now...

It would be kind of hilarious though to enter a GE and in every interview the politician in question keeps going "so we don't know who's going to be leader yet - might be me - but don't worry about that. Vote for us."

I mean given the quality of the Tories I'd go along with that.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Kier starmer poo poo pee pee person

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Ash Crimson posted:

Kier starmer poo poo pee pee person

:hmmyes:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Lol at the starmer freaks raging at dangerous far left tankie (checks notes) Jess Philips.

Keith really loves kicking himself in the dick but he comes off as a strategic genius because the Tories are all so loving stupid.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol. Lmao

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Two political parties kicking themselves in the balls while shouting; "we're winning!!!". :downsbravo:

Come on Sinn Féin, you're my only hope of escaping this stupidity. :stonklol:

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Sunak is actually a political genius - inheriting a shitshow staffed by a gaggle of cunts, a win at the next general election seems almost out of reach. Almost - until he finds the one person who can turn his political fortunes around. Someone who can run a tory campaign more effectively than Alexander Nix. Someone who can single handedly turn the tide and violently swing the polls in Rishi's favour.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
What if the world's 5th (?) richest country just made it so that nobody living there had to worry about being able to afford to live? It's not that much money per person per year, no need to means test it really. Really seems like the bare minimum for a functional society, if you can't even manage that what's the point of having all that cash?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Imagine the kind of hosed up society you'd have to have where some people have enough money to last them a thousand lifetimes while others in the same city starve to death. Some dystopian stuff right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
the last year or two I’ve mostly weaned off going ‘oh I bet (stupid fucker online) has a stupid loving reaction to this thing happening, let me take a look’ but there’s one guilty pleasure i still allow myself
https://twitter.com/lukeakehurst/status/1724853026186314120