Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
1990s YouTube gonna go crazy over this fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I think Morikawa abandoned the time period a while ago but this is the first time it's been so obvious and actually integral to the story

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's me, I'm in the manga, retweeting, hooting and hollering online

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Lol if Itagaki ends up leaking Mashiba's plan to his opponent

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

imo itagaki should be exiled from the gym forever for this

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Itagaki should be shaved hairless

Everywhere

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 17 days!)

Itagaki you dummy. How do you even accidentally upload from that.
Lol Ippo went 7 rounds and recovered right away

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

GateOfD posted:

Itagaki you dummy. How do you even accidentally upload from that.
Lol Ippo went 7 rounds and recovered right away

Where did he upload, and on what? What year is this again?
0/10 more realism please

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
lmfaoooo itagaki you dumb gently caress. Its the retired former champion. what you think was gonna happen

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

1990s YouTube gonna go crazy over this fight

lol

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Terper posted:

It's me, I'm in the manga, retweeting, hooting and hollering online

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Itagaki didn't upload it anywhere, but his sister did because she's gonna re-enter the Ippo-romance ring by being pro-him-boxing to try and edge out Kumi.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I thought it was pretty clear that he uploaded it himself?

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Rubellavator posted:

I thought it was pretty clear that he uploaded it himself?

I was ready to read it as him just flipping through what he took and wishing he could share it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I took it as uploaded then shocked it went viral.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

MonsterEnvy posted:

I took it as uploaded then shocked it went viral.

I can't believe he would be surprised if it went viral tho. I mean it's the former national champ who is supposedly retired and a current national champ about to have a world title fight?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sextro posted:

I can't believe he would be surprised if it went viral tho. I mean it's the former national champ who is supposedly retired and a current national champ about to have a world title fight?

I wouldn’t assume he had many followers.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Rubellavator posted:

I think Morikawa abandoned the time period a while ago but this is the first time it's been so obvious and actually integral to the story

yeah definitely. there's been little things ("too modern" taxis, laptops, etc.) but now it's a legit plot point. i kinda dig it.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Or Ippo's been retired for a lot longer than we thought.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Aokimura-san is a loving ice cold drop. She doesn't even bother to differentiate them :negative:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
If Ippo is now set in the modern age there needs to be a Takamura get cancelled arc

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Centzon Totochtin posted:

If Ippo is now set in the modern age there needs to be a Takamura get cancelled arc

HnI in #metoo era would be Takamura in actual jail for multiple sexual assaults on Ippo and Sendo alone.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

When did Ippo world have internet.
Remember when he previewed intel from his upcoming opponents from VHS tape copies of their previous matches

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GateOfD posted:

When did Ippo world have internet.
Remember when he previewed intel from his upcoming opponents from VHS tape copies of their previous matches

I only remember them EVER trading fight footage that way, somebody shows up with a shopping bag full of cassettes. That's why people are commenting on the Suddenly Smartphone world they seem to inhabit. I guess if they wanted to they could handwave it away as pro boxers being too busy/poor to keep up with technology so it makes sense to see it first from a teen like Itagaki.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i don't even remember them using dumbphone cellphones.

Ippo's house still has an old rear end CRT fat TV

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 15, 2023

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I just remembered that Mashiba isn't just one weight class above Ippo but actually two.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

A very Morikawa cliffhanger would be, Itagaki accidentally uploaded a dic pic and Takamura shared it to the world. Also happened to hit delete button on the video.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Sextro posted:

He didn’t know the manga had timeskipped past the 90’s into the early 2010’s where everything is viral.

Speaking of… is Morikawa just gonna ignore that he did that.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Shinzo Abe showing up to tell Ippo and Kumi to have kids before getting contraptioned

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
The recording starts after the anti-southpaw strategy, but Rosario may target learn to target Kumi to gently caress with Mashiba. If it comes to that (a kind of repeat of Sawamura) I think Ippo will be the one to do something about it outside of the ring.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lamebot posted:

The recording starts after the anti-southpaw strategy, but Rosario may target learn to target Kumi to gently caress with Mashiba. If it comes to that (a kind of repeat of Sawamura) I think Ippo will be the one to do something about it outside of the ring.

But Rosario lives across the world and Mashiba is going to him I am pretty sure.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

didn't they already do a guy 'from the streets' and he was like 'oh no, his punches here are scarier than guns'

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

GateOfD posted:

didn't they already do a guy 'from the streets' and he was like 'oh no, his punches here are scarier than guns'

yeah, hawk.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

MonsterEnvy posted:

But Rosario lives across the world and Mashiba is going to him I am pretty sure.

What if his step-in is really good?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

GateOfD posted:

it feels like there have been many of those

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

tbp posted:

yeah definitely. there's been little things ("too modern" taxis, laptops, etc.) but now it's a legit plot point. i kinda dig it.

Laptops were pretty common as early as like 2000 though. The laptop I brought to college in 2004 wasn't that dissimilar from modern laptops in general appearance. IIRC smartphones (in the style Itagaki is using here) weren't much of a thing in Japan until the early 10s, which is a *way* bigger jump.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Takes No Damage posted:

Aokimura-san is a loving ice cold drop. She doesn't even bother to differentiate them :negative:

She right tho

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
One of the best parts of Grappler Baki is how many times the US president has changed in a couple years

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Chapter 1441

I'm curious if it was called twitter or x in the raws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rubellavator posted:

Chapter 1441

I'm curious if it was called twitter or x in the raws.

Fixed.