Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Either the lions are going to put up KC numbers on the Bears, or they're going to repeat lastweek and we're going to see infinity touchdowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://x.com/NFLsAnalyst/status/1724871081809363292?s=20
I take it back, sorry Lions fans you're toast.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Bears are gonna win 40-20 and ruin the lions season

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The only remaining game for the Bears that I have any emotional investment in the outcome of is the remaining game against the Packers. Please win that game.
Otherwise, all I give a poo poo about is Fields looking good because I just like the dude.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

fishing with the fam posted:

The only remaining game for the Bears that I have any emotional investment in the outcome of is the remaining game against the Packers. Please win that game.
Otherwise, all I give a poo poo about is Fields looking good because I just like the dude.

:same:

I really don’t care about this season, but if we can’t beat this lovely Packers team I’m going to be very sad.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
You guys are gonna get monkey pawed and the Bears are going to beat the Packers to give them a high enough pick to draft another HOF QB. Meanwhile the win is what cements the front office's decision to keep Eberflus for another year

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
:laffo: The St. Brown podcast is extra juicy this week. Equan saying they keep their QB status in house, Amon-Ra says yeah you keep it all in house. Firing coaches, equipment stolen from your stadium All in house. loving amazing!

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
The Saints Brown are amazing and we need more of them in the NFL. Their names are so fun to say.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1724932541356937596

yaaaaay

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Rooster Brooster posted:

The Saints Brown are amazing and we need more of them in the NFL. Their names are so fun to say.

I don't think the new Orleans saints or Cleveland browns are all that interesting.
If I want elves I'll watch lotr

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

HootTheOwl posted:

I don't think the new Orleans saints or Cleveland browns are all that interesting.
If I want elves I'll watch lotr

Rooster Brooster posted:

every time i read tyson bagent's name I think of Bag End and i just get a little bummed about how bad those hobbit movies were

on reflection, bummed is also how I feel watching the chicago bears football team

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

trevorreznik posted:

Bears are gonna win 40-20 and ruin the lions season

This is when the disaster would start traditionally. A supposed slam dunk is instead an embarrassing loss and the team then spirals

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
In normal circumstances I would be willing to tolerate a loss that puts the Bears above the Packers in the standings, but this year I want that one seed.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm rooting for the 40-35 bears loss since that means fields balls out, the draft pos is safe, but it means Getsy is saved so maybe it needs to be another scheme blowout

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

HootTheOwl posted:

I'm rooting for the 40-35 bears loss since that means fields balls out, the draft pos is safe, but it means Getsy is saved so maybe it needs to be another scheme blowout

Hutch gets a free rush, Fields casts replacement no jutsu, switching places with Getsy.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Seeing Bears fans go on about how much they hope their team gets wrecked just reminds me how god awful tanking is. Like, I don’t think I could make it through a season with that kind of thinking.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The possibility of the Lions winning 12-13 games and their division frightens and confuses me.

It’s usually this time of year i’m engrossed in mock drafts, not staring at 7-2 or 8-2.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Gonz posted:

The possibility of the Lions winning 12-13 games and their division frightens and confuses me.

It’s usually this time of year i’m engrossed in mock drafts, not staring at 7-2 or 8-2.

its real odd

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

MJeff posted:

Hutch gets a free rush, Fields casts replacement no jutsu, switching places with Getsy.

Coach immolation no-jutsu

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

This is the point of the season traditionally about when the playoff race lists get released and the Lions have the asterisk next to their name indicating they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and a little more of me dies.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Hey we weren't eliminated until week 18 last year (gently caress you Seattle)

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Ragnow is the best center in the league and people only say it's Jason Kelce because of name recognition, thanks for reading

plus he's doing all this while basically permanently being on the injured list because of his hosed up toe

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rooster Brooster posted:

Unfortunately Osiris hasn't even been a camp body it seems.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

AnoHito posted:

Seeing Bears fans go on about how much they hope their team gets wrecked just reminds me how god awful tanking is. Like, I don’t think I could make it through a season with that kind of thinking.

Once was enough

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MJeff posted:

Subscribed

AnoHito posted:

Last year the tank made sense. We are noticeably better because of it. The goal should always be to build towards a championship.

I dont want the Bears to lose, but I also dont see a world in which the Bears win a Super Bowl with this coaching staff in place. The more they lose, the quicker they are fired. As a Lions fan, were you really rooting for Patricia to win?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Even during the Patricia years I never wanted the Lions to lose, but when they did there was at least the grim satisfaction that he was one step closer to getting canned.

Gonz posted:

Fun fact, the Lions have won 12 games in a season once in their entire history, and have never won 13 or more. We're approaching exciting and uncharted territory!

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

Aw dang. Maybe he can bring joy to the CFL

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Sataere posted:

As a Lions fan, were you really rooting for Patricia to win?

OH BUDDY.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/JoshNorris/status/1724902721776664967?s=20

I fuckin love this team and their energy

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Man, Knarfwonger is such a good handle, sounds like a sci-fi insult

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Oh my god, I gotta stop doing this (posting in the wrong thread), sorry.

Go Vikes.
Dobbs of Steel.

MoaM fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Nov 16, 2023

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/wendellfp/status/1724972038404673903

I saw this and got a laugh.

I am not going to interrogate the validity other than to laugh at the idea of it.

This thought is going to heat my house this winter.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The article itself says like half a dozen times "it would be incredibly shocking and out of character for Green Bay to do this".

The team is undergoing a total rebuild, the oldest player on the team not named Bakhtiari is like 29 years old (I forget which of Campbell or Preston are older) and the average age is something like 25.5 years. Signing Cousins doesn't make any sense.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I would prefer they give a lucrative extension to Love.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Yeah I post in there too much as it is lol

This is a shameful post. :justpost:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I miss Montgomery but I'm glad he's on the Lions

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Rooster Brooster posted:

the pats' Pharaoh Brown is somehow unrelated to Amon-Ra, Equanimeous, and Osiris, but makes a reasonable proxy if you want another one

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Ky1eLong/status/1725018025798070328

Yeah, dude seemingly hit the wall all players do with age, but rip to a good one.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I've somehow never seen this before:

https://youtu.be/ZjChnNS4JZI

Be sure to stick around for the song that starts 5 minutes in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Henchman of Santa posted:

Geldings can't perform