Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

He would not have. Sean O'Brien's got like 100 pounds on this shrimp. It's also clear because Senator Smallboy immediately threatened the teamster with a gun on Twitter following this interaction.

https://twitter.com/SenMullin/status/1724489116169982201?t=S3IUeblus_bkYbLw81yKGw&s=19

Yeah, he was mad because said teamster posted a photo of the senator standing on a box at a podium and calling him tiny, he’s got that hardcore compensation energy seeping out his pores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/jbendery/status/1724869540314493070?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's 2023 my dude, you can just say you like sucking dick it's fine.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Thaddius the Large posted:

Yeah, he was mad because said teamster posted a photo of the senator standing on a box at a podium and calling him tiny, he’s got that hardcore compensation energy seeping out his pores

dude definitely says he's 5' 10". holy hell that's some kinda energy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Didn't know Cyberbeer was a thing but not surprised it's both incredibly expensive and incredibly poo poo

https://twitter.com/briandstone__/status/1724614386541592670

e: oh it's two bottles for $150 by the way

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 15, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Intruder posted:

Didn't know Cyberbeer was a thing but not surprised it's both incredibly expensive and incredibly poo poo

https://twitter.com/briandstone__/status/1724614386541592670

e: oh it's two bottles for $150 by the way

This looks like somebody's poo poo homebrew they made their own label for and out into whatever bottle they could find.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Yeah I get the feeling that this guy is "having a laugh" as the kids say.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well if he's having a laugh about it being lovely, it's still a real thing that really costs $150 for two of them

https://cyberbeer.tesla.com/

e: oh my god

watch to the end

https://twitter.com/BasementBros69/status/1724256353433047530

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 15, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I didn't think I could love Robocop more but whelp.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I love that video so much.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1724469208728195430?s=20

Lol a sitting US senator almost got tuned-up in a hearing Stephen Crowder-style.

“You’re a United States Senator!”

Ok well a senator almost beat another to death with his cane on the floor of the chamber so

e: Brooks was actually a Representative but he attacked a Senator, so I stand corrected

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 16, 2023

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I say let them duke it out on the floor. It'd be better discorse than what they're currently doing.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

He would not have. Sean O'Brien's got like 100 pounds on this shrimp. It's also clear because Senator Smallboy immediately threatened the teamster with a gun on Twitter following this interaction.

https://twitter.com/SenMullin/status/1724489116169982201?t=S3IUeblus_bkYbLw81yKGw&s=19

Yeah Markwayne is an insecure gunhumping dipshit with a stupid name and it would’ve been hilarious to watch a union boss beat wholesale rear end in committee.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I say let them duke it out on the floor. It'd be better discorse than what they're currently doing.

Winner becomes/remains senator.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

After several months of no job (I put out applications but none of them panned out) and no posts in this thread, I had to go back on Abilify, which was a driving force in helping me get my last job, to work up enough pep to keep my rear end looking for a new one, and I think I finally have enough of that built up in my system to consider applying at UPS since they're probably hiring holiday help right now and I hear their pay has gotten pretty drat good since the strike.

I think at least one of y'all (Skwirl maybe?) said you worked for the postal service and/or knew people who work for UPS? What should I expect if I try to apply there? Are the physical demands as strenuous as they are for warehouse jobs where you have to move a lot of weight around and do a physical fitness test before they'll hire you? Cuz I did one of those for a warehouse gig last year annnnnnd I did not pass at the time.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 16, 2023

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

I. M. Gei posted:

After several months of no job (I put out applications but none of them panned out) and no posts in this thread, I finally had to go back on Abilify, which was a driving force in helping me get my last job, to work up enough pep to keep my looking for a new one, and I think I finally have enough of that built up in my system to consider doing delivery for UPS since they're probably hiring holiday help right about now and I hear their pay has gotten pretty drat good since the strike.

I think at least one of y'all (Skwirl maybe?) said you worked for the postal service and/or knew people who work for UPS? What should I expect if I try to apply there? Are the physical demands as strenuous as they are for warehouse jobs where you have to move a lot of weight around and do a physical fitness test before they'll hire you? Cuz I did one of those for a warehouse gig last year annnnnnd I did not pass at the time.

is there a reason you won't just bang out some retail hours? you don't have to think much, you can start to get some income. UPS is not USPS and I'd assume most of their holiday positions would indeed be pretty arduous.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah Markwayne is an insecure gunhumping dipshit with a stupid name and it would’ve been hilarious to watch a union boss beat wholesale rear end in committee.

That would be fun I agree no fan of the guy but unfortunately he is a former MMA fighter

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Pron on VHS posted:

That would be fun I agree no fan of the guy but unfortunately he is a former MMA fighter

lol explains a lot

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Neil Armbong posted:

is there a reason you won't just bang out some retail hours? you don't have to think much, you can start to get some income. UPS is not USPS and I'd assume most of their holiday positions would indeed be pretty arduous.

I banged out some retail hours for about 3 months awhile back. It was excruciatingly boring and the management treated me like poo poo and at times tried to straight-up bully me into working hours that conflicted with my school. I strongly do not want to go back to that or food service if at all possible.

One of the things that bugged me a lot working retail was having to walk the store and look for things to stay busy. Delivery, especially around the holidays, seems like a thing where there's enough to do that I won't have to look around for busy-work. I can handle arduous as long as I have a list of things to do.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 16, 2023

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You know you can’t just deliver packages from your house, right?

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
Ups driver is a very tough demanding physical job and you’ll be working 10-12 hour days at least. You know the ups trucks you see driving around? Imagine one completely full and you have to drive around all day unloading it. Many packages are +40 lbs and some can be 100-150 (150 is the limit). Source: I never worked ups but I’ve been in shipping for over 10 years and have dealt with ups trucks and drivers on a daily basis so I know what they go through.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I. M. Gei posted:

I think at least one of y'all (Skwirl maybe?) said you worked for the postal service and/or knew people who work for UPS?

I believe, or at least it used to be this case back in the day, that UPS drivers are all union and you have to work your way up to it. I am somewhat confident you could probably get a job there, but it'd be unloading or loading trucks at first. Which isn't fun, but you'd get in shape pretty fast.

Or collapse and die, one or the other.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Grittybeard posted:

I believe, or at least it used to be this case back in the day, that UPS drivers are all union and you have to work your way up to it. I am somewhat confident you could probably get a job there, but it'd be unloading or loading trucks at first. Which isn't fun, but you'd get in shape pretty fast.

I'd be cool with that. My brain treats that poo poo like a fun puzzle game already, and I need more physical movement while on Abilify just to keep my calories in check since it fucks with my weight otherwise.

I don't HAVE to drive a truck or actually deliver.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 16, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Everyone starts with package handling AFAIK when it comes to UPS

On the plus side you'll probably get pretty jacked, my cousin was a FedEx package handler in college and he got ripped as hell

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I already lift weights 5 to 6 times a week so :getin:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I. M. Gei posted:

After several months of no job (I put out applications but none of them panned out) and no posts in this thread, I had to go back on Abilify, which was a driving force in helping me get my last job, to work up enough pep to keep my rear end looking for a new one, and I think I finally have enough of that built up in my system to consider doing delivery for UPS since they're probably hiring holiday help right now and I hear their pay has gotten pretty drat good since the strike.

That's me and I work at USPS, UPS is different and I have no idea about their poo poo. If you aren't applying for a driving job I don't think there's any physical tests there's just certain jobs you might not be able to do but they'll usually put you somewhere else less physical instead of kicking you to the curb. I don't think anything the Post Office does is as physically strenuous as like a normal Amazon warehouse job, except maybe being the actual mail carrier.

I applied as a clerk in the neighborhood I lived in because there was a postal office right near me and I thought it was for a job being one of those people working in a window that you buy stamps from or they tell you how much your weird package costs to ship, what I actually did was start work at midnight and sort packages into numbered bins so individual mail carriers would show up at 6-7am and have all of their packages in one place. there's two tiers of work and apparently it used to take years to get from the first, where you don't have much choice in what you do and are paid less, to the second where you get paid better, have stronger job protections and have a decent amount of say in how much you work. It took me 3 months to get promoted to that second tier and I know a bunch of people who started work after me who got promoted in less than a month. The promotion is entirely seniority based, but regional, so my experience wouldn't necessarily reflect the experience of someone in a different state, but no one who works with you will get promoted before you if they were hired after you.

Edit: If you want low effort good pay, try and get into custodial. I had a coworker, smart guy, started about the same time, ended up at the same distribution center, I got sorta pushed, but I like the job when I don't really loving hate it, into logistics. I saw him being trained as a supervisor, two weeks later he's emptying trash cans and I said, "hey what's up" and he was just like "It was loving horrible, I like this."

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 16, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I. M. Gei posted:

I already lift weights 5 to 6 times a week so :getin:

how many packages do you bench

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

kiimo posted:

how many packages do you bench

Casual Mail XL

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Can't wait for the I couldn't find the address so I just kept the package do you think they'll find out post.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Can't wait for the I couldn't find the address so I just kept the package do you think they'll find out post.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ordering 50 packages to my house so I can “deliver” them while sitting at home.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I work at ups and the work is pretty rough. Right now we are entering peak season so every position available is seasonal. You may or may not be rehired in January depending on your warehouses staffing. To get the high paying delivery job you will be working part time 3-5 hours a night for several years.

Oh and unless it changed this past contract it takes 9 months to start getting benefits. It's probably the best insurance you can get in America and is free though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Y’all wasting your breath again on this dude, eh?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Oh god, was I responding to the tree guy? Yeah, I have a lot of coworkers who just don't do their job and it's pretty hard to get fired after a certain point, you'll be fine.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Amy Pole Her posted:

Y’all wasting your breath again on this dude, eh?

Trying to be more direct with just work retail but it sounds like he’s overthought that as well.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I fell for it the first time. Him posting about the struggle of applications as if we were not privy to him literally forging time from his old job lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I did forge time while working on a political campaign once. In my defense, I'm very glad he wasn't elected for that position and when he got a different position in local government he got arrested for forging checks from the agency he was representing.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Can you not just make a living off donating plasma? How about buying things at the thrift store, then reselling them for slightly more on Ebay? Have you considered bootstraps?

I'm basically a financial advisor now.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I. M. Gei posted:

After several months of no job (I put out applications but none of them panned out) and no posts in this thread, I had to go back on Abilify, which was a driving force in helping me get my last job, to work up enough pep to keep my rear end looking for a new one, and I think I finally have enough of that built up in my system to consider applying at UPS since they're probably hiring holiday help right now and I hear their pay has gotten pretty drat good since the strike.

This goon works at UPS, he has a thread about things he sees in the facility. Send him a PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I think if the Royals went hog wild in free agency and signed Shohei, they’d get a new stadium.

Instead they’ll sign some bargain basement free agents and continue to try to pressure someone to give them a billion dollars for existing.