Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The aptly named 'find out' poll definitely following on from some profound loving about.

E: 288 is the amount of chinny scritches this good boy deserves

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

big scary monsters posted:

What if the world's 5th (?) richest country just made it so that nobody living there had to worry about being able to afford to live? It's not that much money per person per year, no need to means test it really. Really seems like the bare minimum for a functional society, if you can't even manage that what's the point of having all that cash?

What if the measurements of richest country were a bunch of bullshit op

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Brendan Rodgers posted:

What if the measurements of richest country were a bunch of bullshit op

Eh I mean kinda but it's not like the country as a whole lacks wealth regardless of where we fall on any rankings, be they cromulent or not. We absolutely could provide for everyone, we just don't because the perfect, golden people who went to Eton must have more and us plebs are a bunch of workshy chancers.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsp9ajJCJ-4

Nuke Whitehall, many times over just to be sure. Tell them there's a sign up for fox hunting with some bankers at the palace.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I saw he was being… that a couple of years ago. He certainly wasn’t going at it half-heartedly. Was it that sort of thing that got him the boot here?

There's a goldmine'd thread about it, somebody with the link post it because it's hilarious.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The narrative seems ingrained that there's 'not enough to go round,' and yet the same people who say that are also absolutely fine with a palace full of inbred fucks wearing stupid bejewelled hats that could fund the NHS for a year, and Sir Alan Sugar as an entire concept.

E: And App Mancock giving his pub landlord 40 million for PPE that never materialised, but the everyone forgiving him as soon as he sticks a kangaroo dick in his mouth. I've had far more dicks in my mouth than he has, where's my loving money?

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 15, 2023

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Gonzo McFee posted:

There's a goldmine'd thread about it, somebody with the link post it because it's hilarious.

here, i found it as apparently the only google result for "pissflexit"

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
"I consider myself to be an engaging, high impact poster" is a wonderful line, and that thread is an all-time great example of direct democracy in action.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol that my jab about him namesearching was in the op I forgot about that

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I'd forgotten hbomberguy briefly posted here but somehow never actually found his way into this thread

Also reminded me how I had that awful pissflaps gang tag for ages :saddowns:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Skarsnik posted:

I'd forgotten hbomberguy briefly posted here but somehow never actually found his way into this thread

Also reminded me how I had that awful pissflaps gang tag for ages :saddowns:

Briefly? He was a games superstar!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Tesseraction posted:

Briefly? He was a games superstar!

he was a pretty tedious underling poster of SMG in the movies forum

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Both of those posters are good and correct tho.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

SMG was always just too high level of a poster for the movies forum to understand, movies don't really teach people such skills

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Tesseraction posted:

Both of those posters are good and correct tho.

yeah don't disagree

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

SMG was always just too high level of a poster for the movies forum to understand, movies don't really teach people such skills
The movies forum understands and accepts SMG. Its the casual visitor that doesn't. The type of poster that turns up to say "just watched the new Marvel movie. It was really good!".

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Gorn Myson posted:

The movies forum understands and accepts SMG. Its the casual visitor that doesn't. The type of poster that turns up to say "just watched the new Marvel movie. It was really good!".

If you chew the maccies burger really slowly after it's finished, you get an aftertaste that gives you clues about the next phase of the franchise

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Angepain posted:

here, i found it as apparently the only google result for "pissflexit"

I remember that one. Glorious.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Kipling
If you think we're on the run
Cause who do you think you are kidding Mr Kipling
If you think those cakes are done

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It's quite funny that Sunak's Rwanda posturing is so clearly a dead-end that even the BBC is happy to dunk all over it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
:lol:

Amazing scenes at the liverpool marathon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/67432970

"she told officials she used a car and finished the race "in a non-competitive way".

That is an excellent quote.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cheating at marathons by using cars is very traditional.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Philippides waiting until the battle is out of sight and then typing bigdaddy into the cheat box

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Philippides cars with runners and take us to the finish line.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Sometimes you have to take a car because you ate a bunch of rotten apples and need to beat the guy running entirely on strychnine and brandy.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Jippa posted:

:lol:

Amazing scenes at the liverpool marathon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/67432970

"she told officials she used a car and finished the race "in a non-competitive way".

This is an excellent callback to the 1904 marathon, where:

- one runner dropped out after 9 miles, hopped in a car to head to the finish line, and then decided to get back into the race and pretend he'd won (he claimed this was a practical joke, but went through with the medal ceremony anyway)
- the actual winner dosed himself up on rat poison as a stimulant, started hallucinating near the finish line, and was carried to victory by his trainer
- another runner wandered off-course, started scrumping apples which gave him a stomach-ache, and started napping (then woke up and came in fourth)
- another runner was chased a mile off-course by a pack of stray dogs

EDIT: dammit, beaten

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The same year's Tour de France had some similar train rides. So many in fact that the guy who finished 5th was named winner (despite having also been warned for taking a car). And brandy was a regular into the '60s. Noble sport

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

forkboy84 posted:

The same year's Tour de France had some similar train rides. So many in fact that the guy who finished 5th was named winner (despite having also been warned for taking a car). And brandy was a regular into the '60s. Noble sport

As was dropping a sugar cube with cocaine on it onto the riders tongue from the team car.

Or riding through villages where the villagers would ambush and beat the other riders so their local guy could get past.

All without any gears on the bike. First 50 years of the tour was wild.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Vanilla youtube (my browser auto clears cache when closing) seems to love pushing 'sky new australia'. I know we complain about the uk version, but this one is way shitter.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Jippa posted:

Vanilla youtube (my browser auto clears cache when closing) seems to love pushing 'sky new australia'. I know we complain about the uk version, but this one is way shitter.

Well yeah that one is still owned by News Corp and completely separate in terms of programming.

There is some cooperation between Foxtel (the aus parent company) and Sky/Comcast but it's more corporate deals and such.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Red Oktober posted:

Or riding through villages where the villagers would ambush and beat the other riders so their local guy could get past.

They should keep this bit imo.

A buddy of mine who loves cycling went and did one stage of the TdF. Apparently it was the most gruelling experience of his life and he was spontaneously weeping for ages afterwards. Even with the ridiculous amounts of EPO and whatnot, those dudes are pretty hardcore

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jippa posted:

australia'. I know we complain about the uk, but this one is way shitter.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Private Speech posted:

Well yeah that one is still owned by News Corp and completely separate in terms of programming.

There is some cooperation between Foxtel (the aus parent company) and Sky/Comcast but it's more corporate deals and such.

Yeah Sky News Australia is explicitly Fox News for Australia. And given that Murdoch runs way more of the media there it makes it a real-information desert. The younger generations are thankfully more savvy but my aunt's generation have brain tarantulas.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

forkboy84 posted:

Vive le tour is an excellent short film about old tour de France. https://youtu.be/wiWQ6dAVzy8?si=2qpPU6aWS_CEFUa3

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007

Red Oktober posted:

As was dropping a sugar cube with cocaine on it onto the riders tongue from the team car.

All without any gears on the bike. First 50 years of the tour was wild.

Do you know offhand of any decent books on the earlier days of the Tour De France? This sounds pretty interesting.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah Sky News Australia is explicitly Fox News for Australia. And given that Murdoch runs way more of the media there it makes it a real-information desert. The younger generations are thankfully more savvy but my aunt's generation have brain tarantulas.

There is a rumour I may or may not have heard that working with Foxtel the name of the company may or may not be a swearword due to how they may or may not work, theoretically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

They should keep this bit imo.
Only if the cyclists are also allowed to prep and fight back.