Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Why didn’t I get the haunted guqin music for the jukebox? I want my money back Hoyo.

And I pity whoever isn’t enjoying Guinafen. Love me some upbeat characters. She’s like a less shady Sampo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If I was to consider building Herta, would I go Hunter/Musketeer with her or the new Grand Duke set, keeping in mind that I am going to be farming the poo poo out of that Cavern to get gear for Topaz and Himeko and so Herta will be Priority #3 for that set?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Herta should never touch the new set it's trash on her. 4pc ice set is her best set.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, Herta isn't a character who relies on follow-ups. All of her damage is in her skill and ult, so send those to the moon and give her either the Ice set or the Quantum set. Ice is the best for her, but Quantum is just good for everyone. Unfortunately, she needs every eidolon to truly be good, which is why I don't use her. I only have the free Hertas, so e3 or 4? I forget how many dupes we got, but I've never pulled her.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Zurai posted:

I really dislike Guinaifen

going to shove firecrackers in your pants and then yell happy new year

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hell yes! Finally clutched out that last star on the Luofu Forgotten Hall! Took a little out of the box thinking. Thankfully, I had a built Sushang warming the bench.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 16, 2023

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Izzhov posted:

borrow mine UID 602240868

drat i appreciate it. one of these days, i’ll build my other units enough to take welt off my support. only unit that’s “good enough” is guin, but since there’s a new DOT set out… back at square one!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Is it just me or did the update seem to add a bit of input lag? Hard to explain, but it feels like there's more delay between finishing a conversation with someone and being able to move again after it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Guinaifen, like all characters who are Losers, is good

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Kale
May 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

Also with everyone loving Xueyi it is very important to remember she has her own fanfiction in game. She's also read it and is a fan of it. And people are down bad for her.

(Xueyi can also mean snow white winter clothing)

I'm concerned about how much social media reality seems to be blurring into the game lore. :ohdear: I wonder how much someone gets paid if anything to read reddit/twitter shitposts about the game and characters to repurpose for this in game stuff.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ytlaya posted:

Guinaifen, like all characters who are Losers, is good

Guinaifen swallowed Yanqing's sword and then, didnt give it back

How awesome is that?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

While the sword part is cool owning Yanqing is pretty much par for the course these days

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kale posted:

I'm concerned about how much social media reality seems to be blurring into the game lore. :ohdear: I wonder how much someone gets paid if anything to read reddit/twitter shitposts about the game and characters to repurpose for this in game stuff.

The writers write these bits because they are already terminally online. It's the cycle of nature.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's is super amusing the Sushang in HI3 doesn't get tech at all but in Star Rail she's terminally online

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

shrach posted:

Going to assume you didn't S2 that and have realised it's not the worst luck in the world having two best in slot light cones for sometimes considered good characters, Bronya and Tingyun.

Yeah, I thankfully realized that having an extra copy of the BiS Harmony LC for 4-stars is not bad, actually.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Does Huohuo's cone work with Luocha's healing field?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Similarly, does Bailu's? Because that sounds real good.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Meowywitch posted:

Any single pull could be Huox2, it's exciting!

Please don't give me another loving Gepard I will seriously die

I got E3 Geppy instead of Huo Huo. Big sad.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Is it me or do all three of these judge characters sound like they're recording for an ASMR video in JP language voiceover instead of for game dialogue

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's is super amusing the Sushang in HI3 doesn't get tech at all but in Star Rail she's terminally online

Her mom evidently didn't fully teach her how to read so I assume she's just equally behind on everything besides stabbing people

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Is my game glitching out or did they not voice act everything? I am doing the ghost skiff event quest and there is no voice acting. There is sound in game from actions and stuff.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Guin's intro is that she's "a clout chaser who trespasses into a restricted area", it's not that weird how that could rub people wrong. If she had been an NPC she could've easily been an antagonist. I don't hate or even dislike Guin after that first mission but it definitely didn't endear her to me

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh poo poo you can pick up a brand new ability in SU that lets you use consumables

possible game changer?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

did anyone see if the consumables work in swarm disaster? probably a bit late for many people for that mode, but the next iteration of that letting you use consumables would actually give them some purpose

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Meowywitch posted:

Oh poo poo you can pick up a brand new ability in SU that lets you use consumables

possible game changer?

I feel like most consumables have weak effects relative to the blessings you get in SU. Maybe the one that increases autobattle damage by 45%?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like most consumables have weak effects relative to the blessings you get in SU. Maybe the one that increases autobattle damage by 45%?

Could be good for a spot of healing if you ah, win big with galactic lotto

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Chess Ghost is my new best friend, I think.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Hmmm, I've brought Huohuo up to lv71 with lv6 traces, and while it's a little early to make any proper judgement, she feels significantly more tuned as an "endgame healer" than Luocha and Fuxuan do.

Basically, I had Tingyun die on me twice in relatively easy fights, because as soon as someone gets targeted twice in a row, they're just dead. There's no mechanic to stop it. Meanwhile, Luocha gives you the reactive "save" as a 3k hp buffer, and Fuxuan, uh, just makes everyone immortal.

The fix is presumably to gear everyone to reach a minimum of 3500 hp or whatever is required to survive two big hits, but that can be a tall order in some cases where you chase speed rolls, etc. Hence "endgame", where you have the leeway to min-max absolutely everything, and want to squeeze out some more damage with her buffs.

Slow characters also suffer a lot in her teams, since they need to get a turn in between enemy attacks if they want a heal for themselves.

Ah well, time to go digging for some more hp% substats. Running Fuxuan has clearly made me soft.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I wish I didn’t find Huo so grating, I love the idea behind the event and the other characters but her crybaby cuteness archetype does not land for me at all.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So patch has made PC client super bright with a white tint for me. Not sure what setting us doing that or if it's a bug

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Huohuo seems to pair nicely with Bronya (I know everyone does) since if you need emergency heal Bronya can advance her forward on her turns as well.

So far she seems really good since she can heal more on her skill than Lynx’s ult. Just requires a smidge more thinking to use.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I was tempted to go for Huohuo's lightcone rather than the character. I have an E3 Bailu that would feel a lot better to use with that extra auto-healing and the attack buff.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

qbert posted:

Huohuo seems to pair nicely with Bronya (I know everyone does) since if you need emergency heal Bronya can advance her forward on her turns as well.

So far she seems really good since she can heal more on her skill than Lynx’s ult. Just requires a smidge more thinking to use.

I'm sure part of it is just a trace issue, but at level 6 traces and 5.5k hp Post-Op convo doesn't feel like enough. Has me wondering if I should use Shared Feeling or the event LC instead.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

So patch has made PC client super bright with a white tint for me. Not sure what setting us doing that or if it's a bug

Turn HDR off, it's a listed known bug in the announcements section

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Turn HDR off, it's a listed known bug in the announcements section

Ahh missed that. Thanks!

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

drat, and that's with Huohuo only half built with absolute garbage relics (2pc Hackerspace + 2pc Musketeer? wtf was i doing with natasha...). Don't sleep on cracked sustains if you haven't 30*'d MoC yet, is the lesson here I guess.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Does Huohuo's cone work with Luocha's healing field?

Yes. The entire team gets a stack each time any team member attacks while the field is up.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Eimi posted:

I'm sure part of it is just a trace issue, but at level 6 traces and 5.5k hp Post-Op convo doesn't feel like enough. Has me wondering if I should use Shared Feeling or the event LC instead.

Her signature LC is nuts and probably worth going for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tree Reformat posted:

drat, and that's with Huohuo only half built with absolute garbage relics (2pc Hackerspace + 2pc Musketeer? wtf was i doing with natasha...). Don't sleep on cracked sustains if you haven't 30*'d MoC yet, is the lesson here I guess.

Many people were saying this. :)

Congrats! Now do the Luofu. :negative: