Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Sancho Banana posted:

This is weird. They're doing the special beret receival ceremony for a bunch of paratroopers inside Gaza. They're supposed to do this at the end of their training.

Either this is some bullshit they did for show, or they're bringing in guys who haven't properly finished their training yet, slapping a new beret on them, and sending them into battle.

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1724819570743996513?t=AAdLIYHoVYpSsMiKx63oEA&s=19

I'm sure having 22 year old captains being pasted by hamas is not relevant to this scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/tareqalsuwaidan/status/1725036546032648555?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

FlapYoJacks posted:

I had a Zionist tell me that Gaza and the West Bank are different countries and I just can’t comprehend that level of stupidity. :psyduck:

Palestine is simultaneously a state (so Israel can declare war on it and has no obligation to maintain conditions hospitable to life) and not a state (so Palestine has no legitimate government to negotiate with and is completely subject to Israel's whims)

It really is incredible how good people are at holding conflicting ideas in their minds without apparent discomfort.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
https://twitter.com/meowsandry/status/1724904782887088418

whole thread is extremely al-saqr but also lol at this

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

FlapYoJacks posted:

I had a Zionist tell me that Gaza and the West Bank are different countries and I just can’t comprehend that level of stupidity. :psyduck:

gaza is egypt and the west bank is jordan. the part where this means israel is constantly bombarding egypt and occupying jordan uhhhh i'll get back to you on that

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

After they win I think Hamas should be put in charge of the rest of the Arab states.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Whitenoise Poster posted:

After they win I think Hamas should be put in charge of the rest of the Arab states.

Finally... Obamna's Caliphate....

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-VflQmdlL8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Ei71Pi9FE

PawParole has issued a correction as of 07:40 on Nov 16, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
people are horrified at Biden doubling-down on the hospital being a Hamas base but like, even if Obama was president right now, or Mitt Romney, or whoever the gently caress, what could any of them say that wouldn't also be reprimanding Israel? there's no way to walk this back without actually wanting to walk it back and having to admit you were wrong

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

gradenko_2000 posted:

people are horrified at Biden doubling-down on the hospital being a Hamas base but like, even if Obama was president right now, or Mitt Romney, or whoever the gently caress, what could any of them say that wouldn't also be reprimanding Israel? there's no way to walk this back without actually wanting to walk it back and having to admit you were wrong

i dont know i stopped eating burgers a while ago

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Lpzie posted:

the letter has been scrubbed from the Internet. expect to Disappear soon.

better download it then.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sancho Banana posted:

This is weird. They're doing the special beret receival ceremony for a bunch of paratroopers inside Gaza. They're supposed to do this at the end of their training.

Either this is some bullshit they did for show, or they're bringing in guys who haven't properly finished their training yet, slapping a new beret on them, and sending them into battle.

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1724819570743996513?t=AAdLIYHoVYpSsMiKx63oEA&s=19

I'm just going to assume none of their uniforms are inspection order, including the command staff.

Barely a quarter are even standing in rows.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

FlapYoJacks posted:

"there's no such thing as Palestinians", that probably would've come up, too, eventually.
I got curious and got on Judaism subreddit and in one thread someone was calling Palestinian Protests were "virtue signaling". A few good, even handed replies, but a lot of garbage otherwise: Hamas is bad! Trust the Israeli government!

So much trash.

MadSparkle has issued a correction as of 07:46 on Nov 16, 2023

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Adenoid Dan posted:

Palestine is simultaneously a state (so Israel can declare war on it and has no obligation to maintain conditions hospitable to life) and not a state (so Palestine has no legitimate government to negotiate with and is completely subject to Israel's whims)

It really is incredible how good people are at holding conflicting ideas in their minds without apparent discomfort.

Another observation:

What's particularly puzzling about the very online liberal Israeli I'm seeing lately is that they just want the whole thing to be... handled internally? And bloodlessly/perfectly too

Meaning an immediate cease to the protests, no blockading of the weapons being shipped to Israel, but also with sudden and proper elections that usher in a new (peaceful!) Palestinian governing body, and a complete cleaning of the house of Israel, in favor of less nakedly cruel one. A viewpoint that simultanously calls out insurrection as childish, unrealistic, and wholly unnecessary.

While ignoring just how unlikely it is is that their perfect bureocratic dream will be happening within, say, the next century. In the meantime, for the Palestinians: wait 50 years and hope the fire that is burning you gets a little less hot every year.

edit: oh yeah and they all talk like this when they aren't trying to sound high and mighty

Ramie has issued a correction as of 07:57 on Nov 16, 2023

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

America with yet another brain genius idea

Urgent | The Israeli Broadcasting Authority: The White House coordinator for Middle East affairs agreed with Israeli officials to take over an international task force to manage ⁧‫#غزة‬⁩ sector after the war.

https://x.com/ajmubasher/status/1725039545006039075?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

nah israel will be defeated and Hamas will stay in power in Gaza.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/BTnewsroom/status/1724939238141993075?t=v--011YVQqyvqPbCmvXIog&s=19

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

DancingShade posted:

I'm just going to assume none of their uniforms are inspection order, including the command staff.

Barely a quarter are even standing in rows.

by the way the reason why theyre so close to the ocean is because they cant go into the city lol

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

this goes hard

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I really have to wonder what morale in the IDF has to be like atm. Surely a bunch of soldiers have lost friends in the process of capturing the hospital terrorbase, and they gotta see how pointless those deaths were, right? And they are only going to be more cowardly going forward?

vv ah, good point. their brains probably can't get more thoroughly brined in dipshit tyrant hormones. gotta be total saturation at this point. this is as cowardly as cowards get

Ramie has issued a correction as of 08:06 on Nov 16, 2023

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hamas may have pulled off a historically successful coubter-espionage operation against the CIA and mossad, they actually managed to fool them into thinking that al-shifaa was shadow moses

====

Did Hamas deceive them? According to the WSJ's special report, the Americans relied on intercepting communications. This is the mission of the National Security Agency, which does not require the presence of elements on the ground as much as it relies on electronic eavesdropping. Hamas may have carried out a misinformation and deception operation to implicate the Israelis. As a result, America lost just as Israel lost the battle ⁧‫#مستشفى_الشفاء‬⁩ . The Israeli media does not hide its disappointment with the operation. It is inconceivable that the Hamas leadership is protected by a few rifles, ammunition vests, a laptop (did they find the password 😂 on it) and CDs?

https://x.com/abuhilalah/status/1724893384920162474?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Ramie posted:

I really have to wonder what morale in the IDF has to be like atm. Surely a bunch of soldiers have lost friends in the process of capturing the hospital terrorbase, and they gotta see how pointless those deaths were, right? And they are only going to be more cowardly going forward?

they are nazis killing incubator babies and shooting handicapped 80 year olds in the back is what they think heroism is

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

by the way the reason why theyre so close to the ocean is because they cant go into the city lol

Those "paratroopers" are so green the concept of standing in ranks and files during a parade is still foreign to them.

Training? No sir, not in this military! Learn as you go! On the job!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

Hamas may have pulled off a historically successful coubter-espionage operation against the CIA and mossad, they actually managed to fool them into thinking that al-shifaa was shadow moses

goddamn it really is Bamboo Pentagon all over again

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Ramie posted:

vv ah, good point. their brains probably can't get more thoroughly brined in dipshit tyrant hormones. gotta be total saturation at this point. this is as cowardly as cowards get

I imagine what’s going through their brains is just the phrase “MAKE THOSE [slur]S PAY MAKE THOSE [slur]S PAY MAKE THOSE [slur]S PAY“ repeating over and over and over again.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZDGvT04sNA

BreakThrough News posted:

This is a mask off moment for the imperialist West. All of the sociopathic narcissism that underpins the dystopian global order they created is on display for everyone to see. They have made a mockery of international humanitarian law and killed any pretense of the freedom and democracy they claim to represent. Meanwhile they turn inward to repress their own populations from protesting against Israel’s shocking aggression on Gaza.

To discuss this and more, Rania Khalek was joined by Matteo Capasso, the Marie Curie Research Fellow at Columbia university and university of Venice Italy, Author of “Everyday politics in the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya” and editor of Middle East Critique. His work focuses on the nature and impact of US-led imperialism.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait for "the lab" to check what's on the CDs from the MRI laptop only to find scans of patient records.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

goddamn it really is Bimbo Pentagon all over again

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

DancingShade posted:

Can't wait for "the lab" to check what's on the CDs from the MRI laptop only to find scans of patient records.

if there's a record about me having a medically small penis its hasbara

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

breaking news:-

==================

5 Israelis were injured in a shooting south of Jerusalem

An Al Jazeera correspondent reported that 5 Israelis were injured in a shooting south of Jerusalem, while Israeli Army Radio stated that one of the injuries was critical, indicating that the perpetrator had been killed.

Israeli Channel 12 said that 3 people carried out the shooting.

=======

Saudi Puts out a weakshit statement:-

Saudi Foreign Ministry:

We strongly condemn the Israeli occupation forces' storming of Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza and the bombing of the vicinity of the Jordanian Field Hospital.
We stress the necessity of activating international accountability mechanisms in the face of the occupation forces’ continued and brutal violations against children, women and civilians.

=====

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 08:41 on Nov 16, 2023

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ramie posted:

Another observation:

What's particularly puzzling about the very online liberal Israeli I'm seeing lately is that they just want the whole thing to be... handled internally? And bloodlessly/perfectly too

Meaning an immediate cease to the protests, no blockading of the weapons being shipped to Israel, but also with sudden and proper elections that usher in a new (peaceful!) Palestinian governing body, and a complete cleaning of the house of Israel, in favor of less nakedly cruel one. A viewpoint that simultanously calls out insurrection as childish, unrealistic, and wholly unnecessary.

While ignoring just how unlikely it is is that their perfect bureocratic dream will be happening within, say, the next century. In the meantime, for the Palestinians: wait 50 years and hope the fire that is burning you gets a little less hot every year.

edit: oh yeah and they all talk like this when they aren't trying to sound high and mighty

lol the liberal zionist is an absolutely miserable creature. They can't reconcile their idea with israel with the foundation of israel.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Joe Biden is literally a lich king who is so senile and braindead, the combination of absolute evil with Absolute senility

https://twitter.com/nickschifrin/status/1724965441486152113?s=20

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
A less senile president in charge of the American Empire would be able to come up with a more plausible lie, but here we are. He can do little more than demolish the status of the American Empire and the Rules Based International Order it backs.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
They're not wrong that this is going to cause anti-semitism (very wrong on its presentation) but its a cry over anti-semitism in the context of like 10k people getting slaughtered really showing their hand a bit. At the risk of burger posting I recently ran across David Sirota again (remembering him from bernie campaign) and there is a sort of liberal not quite zionist that is just in a state of political contortion to try and respond to what is happening. It feels like Israel has totally grasped the jewish identity (in every public avenue that matters) for its own purposes and they can't quite accept it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

If I were putin i would be clapping and yapping like a seal at a salmon farm at how big a service america did to my reputation and standing.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

====

Did Hamas deceive them? According to the WSJ's special report, the Americans relied on intercepting communications. This is the mission of the National Security Agency, which does not require the presence of elements on the ground as much as it relies on electronic eavesdropping. Hamas may have carried out a misinformation and deception operation to implicate the Israelis. As a result, America lost just as Israel lost the battle ⁧‫#مستشفى_الشفاء‬⁩ . The Israeli media does not hide its disappointment with the operation. It is inconceivable that the Hamas leadership is protected by a few rifles, ammunition vests, a laptop (did they find the password 😂 on it) and CDs?

https://x.com/abuhilalah/status/1724893384920162474?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Could just as easily be the army blaming intelligence operatives for their own stupid decision and delussions. "gently caress we were 100 percent sure they were there. Let's blame the agencies who repeatedly told us We Don't Know that they got us bad Intel!"

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Al-Saqr posted:

they are nazis killing incubator babies and shooting handicapped 80 year olds in the back is what they think heroism is

For no special reason I'm going to recommend the movie Conspiracy with Kenneth Branagh and Stanley Tucci. It's about the Wannsee Conference where the Nazis laid out the plans for the Final Solution, and it's ridiculously illustrative of how dehumanization of the enemy looks from the point of view of the oppressors. I always point to it as one of my favorite horror movies because nothing to me is more horrifying than a bunch of people sitting around a table and treating a genocide like it's a pain-in-the-rear end public works problem to solve. They have an argument at one point around what shooting women and children will do to the morale of the soldiers, and the suggestions range from "we've got to find a more humane way to wipe them out so our boys won't feel so bad" to "give me a gun and enough bullets, I'll do it myself."

The "least" monstrous dude at the table argues for a forced sterlization program, not because it's more humane than murdering millions of people, but because Jesus can you imagine the paperwork this is going to cause?

kazmeyer has issued a correction as of 08:57 on Nov 16, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

They're not wrong that this is going to cause anti-semitism (very wrong on its presentation) but its a cry over anti-semitism in the context of like 10k people getting slaughtered really showing their hand a bit. At the risk of burger posting I recently ran across David Sirota again (remembering him from bernie campaign) and there is a sort of liberal not quite zionist that is just in a state of political contortion to try and respond to what is happening. It feels like Israel has totally grasped the jewish identity (in every public avenue that matters) for its own purposes and they can't quite accept it.

If I get what you're saying, its like a version of aparteid era South Africa claiming to speak for every white person on the planet (regardless of any protestations to the contrary) as they purge local black townships using flamethrowers and nail bombs.

(I'm not referencing any specific event, this is all made up to hopefully illustrate a point - if I have it right)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

uhhhh let me clear. we bombed a hospital. uhhh, we thought. there were terrorists. our intel was solid. but. unfortunately, many lives were lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

uhhhh let me clear. we bombed a hospital. uhhh, we thought. there were terrorists. our intel was solid. but. unfortunately, many lives were lost.

This but after every uhhh he spend half a minute licking an ice cream cone.