Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

crispix posted:

why

why does he keep doing these lol

post-modernism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

mannerup posted:

he already forgot about that phone call an hour ago

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1724896736412660188

The joke will definitely land this time sir!

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Looking into it

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Countdown to the vids of hondas and kias launching themselves off this

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

mannerup posted:

funny how the only product he's released that I haven't heard cause any problems (so far) was the flamethrower

edit: nevermind

lol the flamethrower was a reskinned roofing torch

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
yeah, a flamethrower

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
his tommy gun was also probably a studio prop borrowed for the photo op.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Darchangel posted:

Fair point.

No, I'm not. Welfare is a bare minimum step towards the social safety net we need in the face of all-consuming capitalism in the US.

Proper driver training and licensing to be able to operate a 2+ ton death machine would be proper, but we can't do that, so we add expensive toys to the cars to compensate for idiots who insist on driving.
That said, we're never going to improve or require training in the US, and we ALSO can't possibly make it so one doesn't have to drive 30 miles to get to work/groceries/etc., so I guess this is the best option.
Honestly, it's irritating to those of us who understand that we're in control of a large piece of mechanized death, and behave commensurately, but yeah, even then mistakes can be made.

I guess it's really only a problem when someone becomes dependent on the safety nannies, and then drives an older vehicle without them. I drive old junk because it's cheap(er) and I can maintain them, so don't get to play with the new toys.

For the record, I'm not a Boomer. I'm an ancient Gen X. Now get off my lawn highway.

But it's CYBERbeeer, and cost $75/bottle.

I hate to tell you that not only are you capable of making mistakes, but that at your advanced age, with your cognitive ability and possibly vision failing, you will only become more and more likely to make mistakes while driving

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Darchangel posted:

For the record, I'm not a Boomer. I'm an ancient Gen X.
what's the dif

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Ghostlight posted:

what's the dif
home ownership

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

big black turnout posted:

I hate to tell you that not only are you capable of making mistakes, but that at your advanced age, with your cognitive ability and possibly vision failing, you will only become more and more likely to make mistakes while driving

Not me tho :getin:

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

mannerup posted:

he already forgot about that phone call an hour ago

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1724896736412660188

still lol that the wall street silver dude is just some loser who missed out on any part of the gamestop short squeeze a few years ago

literally bragging that they are in silver place

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
ADL loving sucks btw and they honestly do not want to address anti-semitism, their actual prerogative is to support Israel. Getting into fights with actual Nazis like Torba or Musk is from their perspective a distraction.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

ADL loving sucks btw and they honestly do not want to address anti-semitism, their actual prerogative is to support Israel. Getting into fights with actual Nazis like Torba or Musk is from their perspective a distraction.

Don't they also get very mad about boycotts of any Israeli company?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

If you don't like the rust on your beer, oh boy, just wait until you see your CBRTRK

curber turk?

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The ADL could be fighting real antisemitism, but there are far too many instances of "from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free" being posted online to whine about.

don't forget about the college professors who they need to get fired too

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Speaking as another late Gen X'er, I fuckin' hate driving. I'm glad for any systems that may decrease the chances of my death and the deaths of others, whether caused by me or by other equally stupid people.

I dunno if it's a generational thing or what. Maybe they showed us one too many "CARS OF DEATH" films in elementary school.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Mirage posted:

Speaking as another late Gen X'er, I fuckin' hate driving. I'm glad for any systems that may decrease the chances of my death and the deaths of others, whether caused by me or by other equally stupid people.

I dunno if it's a generational thing or what. Maybe they showed us one too many "CARS OF DEATH" films in elementary school.

If anything, the latest generation are less interested in driving than Gen X and Millenials. Zoomers, as a general trend, aren't as eager to start driving soon as they turn 18 and a lower percent of them have licenses than used to be the norm for that age group.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

ben shapino posted:

you could also just look to see if there's a car where you are trying to put your car

It is a horribly designed highway merge and I should rephrase, it detected a car had dramatically and unsafely sped up and was entering my blindspot and was going to collide with me, not that I was about to hit a car that was already there. I always triple check my blind spot and religiously use my turn signals with more than enough warning, idiots in my city take turn signals as a race to stop you from changing lanes even if there is no benefit to them and honestly counter productive to their goal of being in your lane.

Safety systems have gotten really loving good in the last few years and it's why Elon gets to brag about how safe his cars are even though they have substandard safety systems for their price point.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 16, 2023

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Elon is this close to realizing generational ethnic conflict will literally weaponize every aspect of human existence and still completely missing the point.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Mirage posted:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Three Olives posted:

It is a horribly designed highway merge and I should rephrase, it detected a car had dramatically and unsafely sped up and was entering my blindspot and was going to collide with me, not that I was about to hit a car that was already there. I always triple check my blind spot and religiously use my turn signals with more than enough warning, idiots in my city take turn signals as a race to stop you from changing lanes even if there is no benefit to them and honestly counter productive to their goal of being in your lane.

Safety systems have gotten really loving good in the last few years and it's why Elon gets to brag about how safe his cars are even though they have substandard safety systems for their price point.

Have you considered maybe awkwardly "dancing" at a Tesla presentation while horrifically dressed? It has greatly improved the life of at least one person we know of. Maybe it will help with your traffic problems

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
has that racist prick slipped into a ketamine coma yet and if not why not

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHhD4PD75zY
for stuff thats got robots that the avrg person would not gently caress

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/eladnehorai/status/1725007576042221784?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Genuinely surprised that Elon isn’t a weekly guest at Tucker’s crumbling hate show.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

thin blue whine posted:

has that racist prick slipped into a ketamine coma yet and if not why not
He probably uses drugs made and designed for his personal usage by private chemists. It's harder to od on poo poo that's made based on your own medical reports and exact mass unless you are a total idio- Oh, i see your point.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Nov 16, 2023

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Driver assistance is bad. You should be able to sense, through your cosmic connection to the universe, the small child that wandered behind your car before you back up.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Still going!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1725091240507551878?t=aGFbFLidXf7pF3vJ-euCyA&s=19

Yaccarino probably has a busy day ahead of her.

Edit: Just looked at this one again:

And realized that he specifically mentions how this extends to people in the Jewish community beyond the ADL. Jesus Christ.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Nov 16, 2023

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:d2e:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I may have said some horrible things in my very first post in this thread, some wretched, evil things regarding him and executions and just utterly depraved things happening to him all at once, things that nobody should ever wish happen to anyone ever, culminating in the filthiest most disgusting thing anyone has ever said on the internet, but I think in these hundreds of pages I've matured enough to say that I meant every word

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Nov 16, 2023

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
poor white people, always the victim. Surely they've suffered enough now

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If Elon wants to revolutionize automobiles he should invent teleporting so cars really can come "from out of nowhere"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Still going!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1725091240507551878?t=aGFbFLidXf7pF3vJ-euCyA&s=19

Yaccarino probably has a busy day ahead of her.

Edit: Just looked at this one again:

And realized that he specifically mentions how this extends to people in the Jewish community beyond the ADL. Jesus Christ.

Hey, I'm white and I'm ashamed of it

Because that means that there is a connection between me and Musk. Holy poo poo I want nothing to do with him what the gently caress

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Anxiously awaiting for Musk to post the "Hitler built the Autobahn" tweet.

Maybe whith some AI image of the Cybertruck on a freshly paved Autobahn.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Wtf is the "white race"??

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Finally a steadfast champion of the white race

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

actually, Musk hates all racism

so who's the real racist here, hmmmm?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm pretty disgusted that someone in power can repeatedly say outright racist insane things and still keep carrying on like normal. It's a bit of a concern.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

busalover posted:

Anxiously awaiting for Musk to post the "Hitler built the Autobahn" tweet.

Maybe whith some AI image of the Cybertruck on a freshly paved Autobahn.

"The Boring Company's new motto is "Ein Tunnel, für ein Auto, in eine Richtung".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Wtf is the "white race"??

i think he meant white rice