Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

According to some people it might be one of the BP announcers, since there are 3 and we only know 2 (Ishmael and Effie/Saude), the third one is hidden. But someone at PM oopsied and put her up.

Hopefully, otherwise kind of a dick move yeah.

EDIT: Also wow, level 40 seems cheap? only 35~ level 3 tickets to go from 35 to 40. 30-to 35 was just a bit less isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lt. Lizard posted:

In other news, for those that didn't notice it already, there is a Yuri announcer in the Season 3 dispenser, obtainable for 1300 paid Lunacy. :v:

Shastahanshah posted:

The paid-lunacy only announcer is probably the most inconsequential thing they've had. But I'm suddenly getting a bad feeling about PM's future plans for monetization.

:(

I know there was the self inflicted drama issue but the only content in like 3 months being the rolls only banner and now this is enough I've kind of lost confidence in pm.

I could extend grace for said drama since it was kinda the first real black mark, second time not so much.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shastahanshah posted:

:(

I know there was the self inflicted drama issue but the only content in like 3 months being the rolls only banner and now this is enough I've kind of lost confidence in pm.

I could extend grace for said drama since it was kinda the first real black mark, second time not so much.

i don't think an announcer voice is a particularly massive breach of trust

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

According to some people it might be one of the BP announcers, since there are 3 and we only know 2 (Ishmael and Effie/Saude), the third one is hidden. But someone at PM oopsied and put her up.

Hopefully, otherwise kind of a dick move yeah.

EDIT: Also wow, level 40 seems cheap? only 35~ level 3 tickets to go from 35 to 40. 30-to 35 was just a bit less isn't it?

tbf 30-35 was a fairly ludicrous amount for the time it was up so better to err on caution i guess, grinding xp tickets sucks anyway

e: might also be that we all have like 500 gold tickets so the cost hurts way less lol

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Nov 16, 2023

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Yinlock posted:

i don't think an announcer voice is a particularly massive breach of trust

its lovely to put up what is likely considered one of the fan favorite NPCs as paid lunacy only announcer after what would be an EoS-level content drought in other gachas

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MotU posted:

its lovely to put up what is likely considered one of the fan favorite NPCs as paid lunacy only announcer after what would be an EoS-level content drought in other gachas

tbf I have never cared about announcer voices at all so i'm probably biased

my one complaint is that dante doesn't make clock noises during theirs

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

MotU posted:

And without doing any advertising that old announcers are going to be added to the exchange, which doesn't make it worse but does make it weirder.

Anyway, this is either them leaning on the fandom's wallets in a really inefficient way or Yuri is the secret third announcer on this battle pass and they accidentally made it available for purchase early. Either way, it's the kind of ProjMoon incompetence I would have laughed at a few months ago but now I'm just annoyed.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

MotU posted:

Not commenting on the rest of The Discourse, but I wouldn't say this would be EOS-level? To be fair, this would be because my other main gacha is FGO, which is currently in a State content-wise on the Japanese server.

(Personally I'm not too bothered about the paid Yuri announcer one way or the other, but Yuri has never been a particular favorite of mine.)

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I feel like the Yuri Announcer is more of a nice bonus than anything else. She was just a one-off character. If she wasn't available, would you guys be throwing a fit? It's like complaining a skin is only available for money.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

KobunFan posted:

I feel like the Yuri Announcer is more of a nice bonus than anything else. She was just a one-off character. If she wasn't available, would you guys be throwing a fit? It's like complaining a skin is only available for money.
You mean that thing we collectively should have never stopped complaining about :v:?

Speaking of Yuri Announcer, apparently there was this whole in-game explanation for Announcers starring her, but it got cut. Guess she was stuck in limbo while they figured out what to do with the files and they decided to just shadow drop her in Season 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRhdxoAA0rM

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
What should you have collectively not stopped complaining about? That she wasn't an announcer?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

The tier 4 luxcavation helps with getting from 35 to 40 a lot, too, I had a bunch of modules so I ran through that 10 times and got both Spicesang and Rish up to 40 just using the level 4 tickets I got from that.

It's very funny to me how bad a manager Dante is because the amnesia means the Sinners are the only people they really know so they're way more inclined to try and treat the Sinners as friends because otherwise they have no friends. Like, when I call Dante a bad manager that's not a dig at them, the situation they're in makes it impossible for them to start out as a good manager, they have literally, what, less than a year of memory at this point? And they've gotten their legs under them a lot more than they did at first, but, well...

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 16, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

On that note, what are the good slash IDs besides the W gals? For mindlessly farming Tier IV, Thread Luxcavations will probably get easier with LV 40 cause they sure seem balanced around that given offenses.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

On that note, what are the good slash IDs besides the W gals? For mindlessly farming Tier IV, Thread Luxcavations will probably get easier with LV 40 cause they sure seem balanced around that given offenses.
G Corp Gregor is pretty good for a slash team in my experience. He doesn't necessarily put out the most damage, but he puts out decent damage and maintains his own health the entire time.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

UT4 R Mersault and 7 Faust are both primarily slash.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

KK Hong Lu (KK in general really). Tingtang Hong Lu is funny (his 5 or 30 reuse on kill skill is slash).

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

KobunFan posted:

What should you have collectively not stopped complaining about? That she wasn't an announcer?

The concept of paid skins in general, probably.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah Hong lu has 3 very good slash ids between kk tt and whatever the green stillsuit one is. Then there’s 7faust, all of gregors 000’s, chefRyo and wRyo, uptie4 7sang, and of course Nsinclair, whom despite being pure blunt on a 6 man team, still consistently puts out 25% of the damage.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

finished the story content so far

mom i don't want to be on the boat anymore

ishmael being as unhelpfully helpful as possible. yeah let's just actively antagonize and murder everyone we meet this can't possibly backfire. outis also losing her mind in a very different direction and both antagonizing and egging her on. vergil also being phenominally unhelpful thanks to being so emotionally stunted that his only tool for solving problems is overt threats and it sucks(he can convince the sinners to bottle up their problems for a little bit but can't actually resolve issues). i'm starting to see him as a bigger hinderance than help overall

also literal captain hook apparently running around, confirmation that ryoshu is finger-related, dante getting their shoulder shattered, a guy named Big Brother who's just the biggest edgelord in the world, and PARASITE WHALES

this cruise is terrible, 0/10 would not ride again

PetraCore posted:

G Corp Gregor is pretty good for a slash team in my experience. He doesn't necessarily put out the most damage, but he puts out decent damage and maintains his own health the entire time.

he has serious clashing issues though, he was starting to fall off even in chapter 4 content

e: solid offensive Slash IDs are honestly pretty rare, they're either defensive, can't clash worth a poo poo or have weird gimmicks. 7 Faust and W Ryoshu are probably the best general-use ones atm

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 16, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I was about to say something when Dante just kind of took having their shoulder impaled in stride, but then I remembered that they frequently feel hideous and ungodly amounts of pain so I just sort of nodded and went “yeah fair.”

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Yeah G Greg is kind of bad. 10/16/12 max rolls are really, really poor for an 000 ID.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Yeah G Greg is kind of bad. 10/16/12 max rolls are really, really poor for an 000 ID.

on top of this he got hit with the 7 Outis UT4 where it just gave him some rupture stuff he didn't need

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

TeeQueue posted:

I was about to say something when Dante just kind of took having their shoulder impaled in stride, but then I remembered that they frequently feel hideous and ungodly amounts of pain so I just sort of nodded and went “yeah fair.”
Yeah, the fun thing is going to be the fact that Dante needs actual medical attention to heal, rather than just using Dante's Magical Clockhead. I haven't finished out part 1 yet so I don't know if it actually gets fully healed via K corp stuff, but if not I could imagine this having bigger issues long-term until Dante gets it healed because they're used to dealing with horrific and ungodly amounts of pain that have a definite end point and I don't know how well they're good at dealing with lingering injuries.

Yinlock posted:

finished the story content so far

mom i don't want to be on the boat anymore

ishmael being as unhelpfully helpful as possible. yeah let's just actively antagonize and murder everyone we meet this can't possibly backfire. outis also losing her mind in a very different direction and both antagonizing and egging her on. vergil also being phenominally unhelpful thanks to being so emotionally stunted that his only tool for solving problems is overt threats and it sucks(he can convince the sinners to bottle up their problems for a little bit but can't actually resolve issues). i'm starting to see him as a bigger hinderance than help overall

also literal captain hook apparently running around, confirmation that ryoshu is finger-related, dante getting their shoulder shattered, a guy named Big Brother who's just the biggest edgelord in the world, and PARASITE WHALES

this cruise is terrible, 0/10 would not ride again
Let's not forget that Vergilius set off Ishmael in the first place by giving her a Firm Talk about the terms of her contract and convincing her to resort to malicious compliance. While it's true that him physically handling everything is far beyond his duties and would trivialize a lot of things while leaving everyone unprepared for others, I think he's also just not good with people especially when he's deliberately keeping himself emotionally distanced.

I also noticed Faust viewed Gregor making an intuitive prediction in the form of 'it would be absurd if [definitely true thing]' as a welcome progression of... something. Maybe using Mephistopheles' engine and the ID power is supposed to start building someone's knowledge base past the things they've actually learned in their base LCB timeline?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yinlock posted:

on top of this he got hit with the 7 Outis UT4 where it just gave him some rupture stuff he didn't need

G Gregor had Rupture before UT4.

So did 7 Outis. They just added extra conditionals (and Greg had the worst one on his 3rd skill the entire time, where it did 30% more damage on each hit if the target had rupture, for 4 hits).

If Rupture Count ever becomes reasonable to apply without Thunderbranch (and honestly you can get enough EGO gifts in MD to do it) then these unneeded uptie 4 coin buffs for rupture stacking will become quite nice.

Also honestly G Greg is just pretty hard to get killed in general regardless of his coin flipping, since he'll eventually get an unopposed attack or win somewhere and heal it back.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Peter Pan Hook means one of the Five Calamities is a ticking crocodile I bet.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah but I was mostly asking for Luxcavation which isn't exactly an endurance run :v: I guess with my 2000 threads from season 2 stuff I could UT4 BladeSang or RMers. Any other good UT4 in your opinion?

Also reminder Gregor has a Pierce ID now, and it apparently does silly things with BL Sang passive

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

G Gregor had Rupture before UT4.

So did 7 Outis. They just added extra conditionals (and Greg had the worst one on his 3rd skill the entire time, where it did 30% more damage on each hit if the target had rupture, for 4 hits).

If Rupture Count ever becomes reasonable to apply without Thunderbranch (and honestly you can get enough EGO gifts in MD to do it) then these unneeded uptie 4 coin buffs for rupture stacking will become quite nice.

Also honestly G Greg is just pretty hard to get killed in general regardless of his coin flipping, since he'll eventually get an unopposed attack or win somewhere and heal it back.

the conditonals are what I meant by rupture stuff. payoff for rupture wasn't really the issue with those IDs, it was their numbers not keeping up

e: also in some nebulous rupture-viable future they still wouldn't be very good as neither are particularly damage-focused

e2: i forget if g gregor's coin boost came from ut4 or not. it's still not enough but it's something i guess

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 16, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

G Gregor can just use Legerdemain every turn, tho, so :v:

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Yeah but I was mostly asking for Luxcavation which isn't exactly an endurance run :v: I guess with my 2000 threads from season 2 stuff I could UT4 BladeSang or RMers. Any other good UT4 in your opinion?

Also reminder Gregor has a Pierce ID now, and it apparently does silly things with BL Sang passive
Remember that Tier 5 exp is coming next week, so don't go all in on the slash IDs just yet.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

RandomReader posted:

Remember that Tier 5 exp is coming next week, so don't go all in on the slash IDs just yet.

true. forgot about that. BladeSang does have goo rep though.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Didn't realize there was going to be a t5 dropping. Given the pattern, that means it's probably time to prep the pierce team.

Finally CinqDon's turn to shine!

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

lol welp, went looking ahead in the battle pass. I don't think you can check the stats, but you can check the tier.

You can't tell which sinner is for which ego, I don't think, but that doesn't matter for the clam one, because they're both TETH. Which means Rodya's new EGO probably is gonna suck, there's no way it's going to replace Rime Shank. For Hong Lu, it's competing with Soda and Roseate Desire which aren't particularly exciting EGOs anyway.

For Ryoshu's Blind Obsession, it's a TETH, meaning it's competing with the Red Eyes that inflicts bind. We already know that Ishmael's Blind Obsession is charge, so that's probably an easy replacement.

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 16, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Marluxia posted:

lol welp, went looking ahead in the battle pass. I don't think you can check the stats, but you can check the tier.

You can't tell which sinner is for which ego, I don't think, but that doesn't matter for the clam one, because they're both TETH. Which means Rodya's new EGO probably is gonna suck, there's no way it's going to replace Rime Shank. For Hong Lu, it's competing with Soda and Roseate Desire which aren't particularly exciting EGOs anyway.

For Ryoshu's Blind Obsession, it's a TETH, meaning it's competing with the Red Eyes that inflicts bind. We already know that Ishmael's Blind Obsession is charge, so that's probably an easy replacement.

if it's the same as the old preview's(probably not) Ishmael's Blind Obsession is effectively everything, it also being a telepole was like the capstone to a bunch of crazy bullshit iirc

which fair it's WAW, you're probably gonna kill your SP using it so might as well make it count

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Marluxia posted:

I don't have Rime Shank so this is still a W for me. Life hack to make EGO selection easy!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
balls, was off by a week and didn't use my boxen

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

LostRook posted:

Peter Pan Hook means one of the Five Calamities is a ticking crocodile I bet.

That's a pretty good guess. I was wondering how much they'd work in.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

PetraCore posted:

I don't have Rime Shank so this is still a W for me. Life hack to make EGO selection easy!

Can't you buy it now, from season 1?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KobunFan posted:

It's like complaining a skin is only available for money.

Before paid skins developers and publishers lived hand to mouth. Executives could hardly afford their third yacht. I'm glad to see they are finally being paid for their labor.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Marluxia posted:

Can't you buy it now, from season 1?
Yeah, but I haven't been playing long enough to be able to buy more than a fraction of the EGO, and I was prioritizing stuff like Don's Telepole because I like running a charge team. Rime Shank's definitely high on my list, though!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

KazigluBey posted:

Before paid skins developers and publishers lived hand to mouth. Executives could hardly afford their third yacht. I'm glad to see they are finally being paid for their labor.
Okay, but can't you see that's a little different for a tiny company? Now, if KJM is sucking up most of the money to buy himself a yacht, that's a reason for complaint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PetraCore posted:

Okay, but can't you see that's a little different for a tiny company? Now, if KJM is sucking up most of the money to buy himself a yacht, that's a reason for complaint.

they're definitely making enough money but otoh it's just a voice thing who gives a poo poo

if it was an ID or something i'd be mad but as is it's just whale bait

e: course again i'm biased because i never use those voice things

e2: oh lord boat tour is a thread lux enemy now

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 17, 2023