Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

Pascal is a great actor and would be a fine Reed.

I hope this means we'll get older, married Reed with Franklin and Valeria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

My dad, who’s been completely obsessed with Dakota Johnston ever since 50 Shades.

I’d never actually seen her in anything before this trailer and holy gently caress is she a godawful actress. Every single line reading is just bad.

It's always so funny and weird when you figure out the exact type of person one of your parents is horny for, goondolences

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
That explains why my Mom wanted to always watch star wars and Indiana Jones with me as a kid

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Did Kraven get pushed back due to response on the incredibly dumb trailer from June? I now see it is scheduled for August.

Web looks like it could be dumb fun but at the same time it looks like it takes itself too seriously, so maybe it will just be fun to make fun of. Johnston exudes a strange anti-excitement with every line, like I'd fall asleep to her trying to lead me out of a burning building.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

StumblyWumbly posted:

Did Kraven get pushed back due to response on the incredibly dumb trailer from June? I now see it is scheduled for August.

Web looks like it could be dumb fun but at the same time it looks like it takes itself too seriously, so maybe it will just be fun to make fun of. Johnston exudes a strange anti-excitement with every line, like I'd fall asleep to her trying to lead me out of a burning building.
I think it was moved because of the strike

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

bunnyofdoom posted:

That explains why my Mom wanted to always watch star wars and Indiana Jones with me as a kid

Yeah but who doesn't have a huge crush on Julian Glover?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

SlimGoodbody posted:

It's always so funny and weird when you figure out the exact type of person one of your parents is horny for, goondolences

Last of the Mohicans scarred me as a kid, and even worse as an adult when I figured out why I was dragged to see it.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Into the Spider-Will-Not-Be-Appearing-in-This-Filmiverse

Morlun/Zeke is trying to kill Richard Parker so Spider-Man is never born. The Spider-Girls are chosen to protect him.

oh go gently caress yourself, movie

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Evil Spider-Man's suit looks real bad.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah, Madame Web looks like some CW-rear end trash. Y'all are crazy, I'd happily double feature Morbius and Kraven than watch this nonsense.

That being said I don't plan on watching any of them, or the first Venom for that matter. Sony needs to just give it up already, it's embarrassing.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I will watch them all because I enjoy movies but I'm under no impression that they're "good"

Tom Hardy carries Venom but he really does so it's actually really fun

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SlimGoodbody posted:

(as an adult) I walked in on my dad eagerly watching his new DVD of Barbarella. Uncomfortable as he tried to explain why he liked it for the articles.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
My dad uses my Youtube account when he's at home and doesn't know it, and also doesn't know it gives me his history and video recs

(:gonk:)

Yaramund
Jul 22, 2015

The face of a killer
in a ghostly design

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

oh go gently caress yourself, movie

Actually based on the script leaks from last year this isn't true....

Morlun/Ezekiel is actually trying to kill Mary Parker, who is currently pregnant with Peter. She's played by Emma Roberts in the film.

Adam Scott's EMT character isn't Richard Parker....he's Ben Parker...

:v:

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

My dad uses my Youtube account when he's at home and doesn't know it, and also doesn't know it gives me his history and video recs

(:gonk:)

Seeing my dad's search history like 15 years ago still makes me shudder

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
question on dumb madame web

so if this is taking place pre-spider-man, why does everyone's costume look like a spider-man?

Yaramund
Jul 22, 2015

The face of a killer
in a ghostly design

Soonmot posted:

so if this is taking place pre-spider-man, why does everyone's costume look like a spider-man?

Ezekiel is supposed to have time travel powers in this and from the future. Also wouldn't surprise me if the glimpses of the various Spider-Women was a flash forward to the future to 'what they grow up to be' rather than what they are now.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Soonmot posted:

Knowing how to dress up like a spider is just part of our collective unconscious.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
More detailed Pedro Pascal/Fantastic 4 casting info:

- Pascal is not confirmed to play Reed yet. He is in talks and both sides want him to, but the main issue is trying to see if he can schedule it around his prior commitments (Gladiator 2 and The Last of Us Season 2) next year.

- Prior to the SAG-AFTRA strike, they did screen tests for backup choices. The backups were Christopher Abbott and Jamie Dornan. Marvel was reportedly not super happy with either of them, so it isn't clear if they are still the planned backups for Reeds.

- Vanessa Kirby is very likely to be cast as Sue Storm.

- Joseph Quinn is likely to be cast as Johnny Storm.

- Ebon Moss-Bachrach is likely to play The Thing.

- Kevin Feige is looking to cut casting costs to prevent more $250 million movie budgets. Emma Stone and Adam Driver were top casting choices, but they wanted too much money.

- They are casting for Galactus and the top choice is currently Javier Bardem with Antonio Banderas as the backup.

https://deadline.com/2023/11/pedro-pascal-reed-richards-marvel-studios-fantastic-four-1235599560/
https://www.theinsneider.com/p/fantastic-four-cast-pedro-pascal-marvel-madness-christopher-nolan-best-director

Not directly related to FF4 casting, but the director of The Kang Dynasty (who also directed Shang-Chi and was scheduled to direct Shang-Chi 2 and Wonderman) has been removed as the director of The Kang Dynasty because Marvel wants him to "focus on his other MCU commitments." No new director has been announced.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So are they doing Galactus first and not Doom?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait Gladiator 2? Is it going to involve Jesus?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

- They are casting for Galactus and the top choice is currently Javier Bardem with Antonio Banderas as the backup.

lol, why are they intent on Galactus being Hispanic

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

ImpAtom posted:

The only official plot synopsis they have released is one sentence:

quote:

After being saved by Maximus in Gladiator, Lucius, the nephew of Commodus, is now a grown man.

They could be saving Jesus for the trailers.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

We are adamant that Silver Surfer must be... *rolls dice* ...Australian

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

More detailed Pedro Pascal/Fantastic 4 casting info:

- Pascal is not confirmed to play Reed yet. He is in talks and both sides want him to, but the main issue is trying to see if he can schedule it around his prior commitments (Gladiator 2 and The Last of Us Season 2) next year.

- Prior to the SAG-AFTRA strike, they did screen tests for backup choices. The backups were Christopher Abbott and Jamie Dornan. Marvel was reportedly not super happy with either of them, so it isn't clear if they are still the planned backups for Reeds.

- Vanessa Kirby is very likely to be cast as Sue Storm.

- Joseph Quinn is likely to be cast as Johnny Storm.

- Ebon Moss-Bachrach is likely to play The Thing.

- Kevin Feige is looking to cut casting costs to prevent more $250 million movie budgets. Emma Stone and Adam Driver were top casting choices, but they wanted too much money.

https://deadline.com/2023/11/pedro-pascal-reed-richards-marvel-studios-fantastic-four-1235599560/
https://www.theinsneider.com/p/fantastic-four-cast-pedro-pascal-marvel-madness-christopher-nolan-best-director

Not directly related to FF4 casting, but the director of The Kang Dynasty (who also directed Shang-Chi and was scheduled to direct Shang-Chi 2 and Wonderman) has been removed as the director of The Kang Dynasty because Marvel wants him to "focus on his other MCU commitments." No new director has been announced.

Those backup choices are so loving boring. Good lord.

The cast they look to be settling on is pretty good. Pedro is probably worse than Driver but Kirby is better than Stone (for this role).

Starting with Galactus is stupid.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Adam Driver chose to do 65 so I would never be able to buy him as the smartest man alive.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ImpAtom posted:

I wish it was based on the ridiculous screenplay from years back where Maximus basically becomes the Eternal Warrior.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aphrodite posted:

Adam Driver chose to do 65 so I would never be able to buy him as the smartest man alive.

So in other words it'd be a stretch.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
The more important casting is probably Doom. Wheres those rumors.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

I would guess that after the last two attempts at FF started with Doom, they'd probably want to do something to divorce themselves from blowing Doom in the first movie, if just because they might want to set him up as a bigger villain.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I dont think you spend Doom in the first movie, but he 100% needs to be introduced in this movie, and maybe even be the reason why they beat Galactus

The general rumors were that after Kang, it’s Doom as the big bad. Or maybe even pivoting to him if Majors thing went bigger, which I think they’re past at this point.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

I dont think you spend Doom in the first movie, but he 100% needs to be introduced in this movie, and maybe even be the reason why they beat Galactus

The general rumors were that after Kang, it’s Doom as the big bad. Or maybe even pivoting to him if Majors thing went bigger, which I think they’re past at this point.

I would bet a post-credits only to be honest. And I'd hope so, because honestly the FF need a chance to do something that isn't Dr. Doom, them just serving a Dr. Doom Delivery Service kind of sucks. (I am admittedly not likely to watch the movie either way so YMMV.)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm fine with sexy Spanish Galactus.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It'll be a scene where another character laughs at his silly name.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Soul Glo posted:

Vincent Cassel is the only choice :colbert:

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

I'm fine with sexy Spanish Galactus.

Galactus talking to Reed looking for Norrin: Galactus: "Where does he surf?" Reed: "Pardon?" Galactus: "Where does he surf?"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Galactus as space Anton Chigurh would actually be a really great way to play him.

It's tough because it is very difficult to reflect Galactus on screen the same way he is in the comics. So people tend to go with creative interpretations.

Space Anton Chigurh would be a interpretation that would definitely have more potential than the "swarm of bugs in space" that they tried previously.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Galactus as space Anton Chigurh would actually be a really great way to play him.

It's tough because it is very difficult to reflect Galactus on screen the same way he is in the comics. So people tend to go with creative interpretations.

Space Anton Chigurh would be a interpretation that would definitely have more potential than the "swarm of bugs in space" that they tried previously.

In all seriousness I actually agree, having someone wander the cosmos eating planets may have a separation from humanity that Anton exhibits.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Abbott is actually an interesting idea. He can play nerdy and sociopathic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ebon Moss-Bachrach as Thing is brilliant.