Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Vagina dentata

e: are you loving kidding me

e2:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Inceltown posted:

Necrothongicon

Thongonomicon

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Thongothongothong

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

maybeadracula posted:

Thongothongothong

You called?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Grendels Dad posted:

Thongonomicon

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I got necronomoon thongmoon

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

There are four characters in loss.jpg, you fool.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Glottis posted:

Ok I thought I was crazy but was too afraid to ask, because I have no idea what makes it racist. Or colorist. Nor do I know what the difference is.

Colorism is treating members of a race differently based on the darkness of the color of their skin. For instance, lighter-skinned black people are more accepted and are treated more fairly by white people (and American society in general) than those with darker skin. It works the other way too, the same people may be treated less fairly by darker-skinned back people, as though they aren’t “black enough” and haven’t lived through a “true” black experience. Or, as is with American society in general, lighter-skinned black people treat those with darker skin less fairly.

root beer has a new favorite as of 13:44 on Nov 16, 2023

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009

root beer posted:

Colorism is treating members of a race differently based on the darkness of the color of their skin. For instance, lighter-skinned black people are more accepted and are treated more fairly by white people (and American society in general) than those with darker skin. It works the other way too, the same people may be treated less fairly by darker-skinned back people, as though they aren’t “black enough” and haven’t lived through a “true” black experience. Or, as is with American society in general, lighter-skinned black people treat those with darker skin less fairly.

Since colourism is the topic, it's worth noting that David Seymour (the one on the right who looks like Chris Barrie/Rimmer) is of Ngāpuhi Māori descent. Both Seymour and Peters (ironically on the left) are regressive on issues of race and campaigned on policy including abolishing Maori seats in parliament.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Yep, that’s what I assumed when op was saying it was colorist. As Seymour is a light-skinned Māori, he has probably had a much more privileged life and can get away with being a FYGM ghoul. That’s my guess anyway, as I’m not familiar with NZ politics.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

root beer posted:

Yep, that’s what I assumed when op was saying it was colorist. As Seymour is a light-skinned Māori, he has probably had a much more privileged life and can get away with being a FYGM ghoul. That’s my guess anyway, as I’m not familiar with NZ politics.

or he's so rich that his wealth and power are more important to him than his ethnicity. Same deal happens with groups like the Log Cabin Republicans

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/sweetstench/status/1724958011754504568

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Millions and billions.

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

or he's so rich that his wealth and power are more important to him than his ethnicity. Same deal happens with groups like the Log Cabin Republicans

In actual funny pictures, he did Dancing with the stars...

And there was twerking

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

I think this might be fake. I can tell because I am an expert at looking at pixels.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/oct/09/eighteenth-century-doodles-of-a-chicken-in-trousers-go-viral

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

I'll have a number six with fries

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

If you’re going to front-load your recipe blog post with a bunch of barely-related bullshit, at least make it entertaining like this guy did.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

pagina dentata

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

This is the first Loss comic I've ever laughed at.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

This is the first Loss comic I've ever laughed at.

Maybe you should get over it

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
it all started the day she miscarried…

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Its funny but they need to work on their photoshop skills a bit

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
This thread really taking apart that carrot job

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Klaatu barada knickers

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Splicer posted:

Klaatu barada knickers

:siren::holymoley::siren:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Splicer posted:

Klaatu barada knickers
Klaatu barada knecktie
Klaatu barada nectur
Klaatu barada nickel

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Splicer posted:

Klaatu barada knickers

That phrase is going straight in the Random Intrusive Thoughts roster!

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Are thoughts are with Gramham.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I don't know, are they?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like the ontological implications of that, he left the business following his death, meaning presumably there was a nonzero period of time when he was both dead and employed.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I'll have a number six with fries

Tag yourself, I'm

Uh

Hm

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!