Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I would pay with my life to see matty sentenced to a gold mine gulag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
If China has to choose between two options to vote Xi, it's a dictatorship. When I have to choose between two 99% Hitlers, that's democracy though.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

If I had two options to vote for Xi then I'd have two options that don't support Israel. Whatever two names are on the US ballot next year they'll both support Israel. Checkmate America.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I love dictatorships ... of the proletariat

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

If China has to choose between two options to vote Xi, it's a dictatorship. When I have to choose between two 99% Hitlers, that's democracy though.

The next election will be 97% Hitler vs. 84% Hitler

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Majorian posted:

Noted free speech warrior Chaya Raichick was very concerned for the building's well-being:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1724971374370820407

Glenn's right

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

quote:

“Well, look, he’s a dictator in the sense that he is a guy who runs a country that is a communist country that’s based on a form of government totally different than ours,” Biden told CNN’s MJ Lee. “Anyway, we made progress.”

Lol drat right, it's a dictatorship of the proletariat

BadOptics has issued a correction as of 14:35 on Nov 16, 2023

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

readingatwork posted:

What the actual gently caress is he on about here?

https://x.com/TheOmniLiberal/status/1724498699491934517?s=20

Also, is it just me or has Destiny really been letting the mask slip lately? I guess it's hard to LARP as an enlightened centrist and be openly pro-genocide at the same time.

I think he's referencing China's one child policy? (yes I know that ended years ago)

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Really China does eugenics harder than the country with state sex necromancers who make sure the seed of their ethnic warriors is preserved.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

I have never heard of this OPERATION 2025 conspiracy stuff. Now I'm seeing it in several places. Is this more Russiagate kookiness?

*edit* Oh, there's a wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025

It's basically all bad poo poo republicans have wanted to do for a long time but now it has an official name and it would happen under Trump so that's why there's suddenly all those concerns. If Trump were for some reason unable to run in 2024, that crowd would stop worrying about it even though any republican who gets nominated would want to implement that poo poo.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the one child policy ended almost a decade ago

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Willa Rogers posted:

wait till the tiktok kids get a load of this:

I know it's stupid and dumb to give any democrat credit for anything but it is at least a little nice to not see my representative Sharice Davids on there. Although she is native american so maybe that has something to do with it given well you know.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

spacemang_spliff posted:

I know it's stupid and dumb to give any democrat credit for anything but it is at least a little nice to not see my representative Sharice Davids on there. Although she is native american so maybe that has something to do with it given well you know.

fetterman isn’t listed lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
texas is empty, and all the succlords are in aipac

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

mags posted:

fetterman isn’t listed lol

hes their number one fan

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I remember when fetterman was elected and a lot of ppl going "well surely his dogshit stance on Israel won't matter in the next 6 years" *tugs collar nervously*

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

israel "we got the support of the biggest in the us"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://x.com/mattyglesias/status/1725147514502807987?s=20

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

considering food prices continue to rise not only is that propaganda entirely made up but lol at bragging that it went down 4% while rising 25%

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

I have never heard of this OPERATION 2025 conspiracy stuff. Now I'm seeing it in several places. Is this more Russiagate kookiness?

*edit* Oh, there's a wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025
my understanding is that it's a vast conspiracy of "have a plan for specific actions to take when/if we take power", which is absolutely inconceivable. Can you imagine if politicians just got to work on their stated goals after being elected?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

vibes are off this morning

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

ex post facho posted:

god drat joe biden is loving stupid and demented

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

FuzzySlippers posted:

If I had two options to vote for Xi then I'd have two options that don't support Israel. Whatever two names are on the US ballot next year they'll both support Israel. Checkmate America.

So writing in Xi Jinping is the only moral choice...

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Its a problem when a kid say their eyes have been opened by an anti-Semitic screed I think that media literacy has gotten very poor amongst everyone but especially younger people.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/status/1724974994789130281

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Terrorism can (look at Shinzo Abe's assassination! Or hell, the initial American revolts), the problem being OBL was a rich bratty dandy who was an accelerationist with little goals beyond that.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Ah so that’s why the guardian censored the letter after 20 years lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Probably Magic posted:

Terrorism can (look at Shinzo Abe's assassination! Or hell, the initial American revolts), the problem being OBL was a rich bratty dandy who was an accelerationist with little goals beyond that.

people like to cite the Shinzo Abe assassination as the most successful political one of the century, but I tend to think the guy who shot Yitzhak Rabin (after being incited by Netanyahu) in order to sink the Oslo Accords is all the way up there.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
what idiocy does a sunflower emoji in the username signify on x the everything app

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

mags posted:

what idiocy does a sunflower emoji in the username signify on x the everything app

Ukraine idiot.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

people like to cite the Shinzo Abe assassination as the most successful political one of the century, but I tend to think the guy who shot Yitzhak Rabin (after being incited by Netanyahu) in order to sink the Oslo Accords is all the way up there.

political assassinations and other targeted acts can work as intended but yeah random mayhem doesn't as evidenced by 9/11 backfiring by most metrics

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Terrorism never worked. Now let me tell you how ~*The United States of America's founding fathers*~ (Bald Eagle, which is actually a red-tailed hawk screech) are cool and good and totally didn't participate in terrorism.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

mags posted:

looks like "support for ukraine"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I gotta get out of dc before I set fire to his house

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
they're upset that people are on Hitler's side, rather than 99% Hitler's side

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

Or hell, the initial American revolts

I agree with this post writ large; that said though IIRC the initial American revolts had a lot of civil disobedience but unless I was taught wrong as a joke the closest they came to terrorism by the current definition was harassment of government agents eg tarring and feathering magistrates or tax collectors which is definitely "targeted"

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Does the Abe assassination even count as terrorism? He was a lone gunman with a very specific beef. Political violence sure, but terrorism seems like a stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Probably Magic posted:

Ukraine idiot.

SixteenShells posted:

looks like "support for ukraine"

gdi I really love sunflowers