Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Worst trade in nfl history was originaly a three team trade that would have got Texans to 1, Carolina to 2 and Chicago to 9.

It wasn’t happening right away so tepper just stomped his feet and told fitterer to make it happen.

https://x.com/avl_mike/status/1724772224631017866?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Why in the name of god would you admit that

Maybe I should give Caserio more credit - sounds like he talked Cal out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Doltos posted:

Mitch was pretty good in college and so was Howell.

Howell was considered a first rounder until the added scrutiny of actually playing got him dropped down to the 4th. The same thing should've happened to Trubisky except he was drafted after only one year as a starter.

We'll see how it works out for Maye, but I wouldn't bet the farm on someone coming through a bad ACC.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Fwiw I really don't like Drake Maye. I think he makes beautiful throws when he's got no pressure but the second there's adversity he fucks up horrifically. He also has a really long throwing mechanic that takes a while to get off compared to like McCarthy or Sanders or Caleb. I don't know how he's getting rated as the #1 right now it's perplexing, but it's still early.

I should start the draft thread.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Doltos posted:

Fwiw I really don't like Drake Maye. I think he makes beautiful throws when he's got no pressure but the second there's adversity he fucks up horrifically. He also has a really long throwing mechanic that takes a while to get off compared to like McCarthy or Sanders or Caleb. I don't know how he's getting rated as the #1 right now it's perplexing, but it's still early.

Also, he looks like he should be asking his mom to buy him an extra order of mozzarella sticks

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm honestly not a big fan of Caleb Williams either. If anything I'd say JJ McCarthy is the one that looks like he translates best to the NFL. I don't buy into this QB class being extra special or anything.

I completely agree that the bust potential of Maye is very high.

Edit: I like Penix Jr. as well.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Caleb Williams ducking rules what do you not like about him? To dislike Caleb is quackery!!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Caleb has Manziel syndrome where everyone oohs and aahs over his deep ball after running around but they miss that he looked off two wide open shorter routes on third and 4. That being said he's Jalen Hurts with actual arm talent so I wouldn't worry too much.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Here's my 100% reliable scouting report on roklokie QBs: whoever the bears pick will suck rear end.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

R.D. Mangles posted:

Here's my 100% reliable scouting report on roklokie QBs: whoever the bears pick will suck rear end.

No. Not this prospect.

This is finally the time for da bears to thrive

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Doltos posted:

I should start the draft thread.

I choose to believe this because all the draftniks talking up Maye share a bunch of highlights where he has an immaculate pocket and/or a wide open WR. Kind of reminds me of the draft talk around Zach Wilson.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

R.D. Mangles posted:

what would have happened to stroud if he were on the bears?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jayden Daniels is unironically QB1.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My only draft take is that there will be one absolute steal at QB this year. At least one of Sanders, Penix Jr., Daniels, Nix, and McCarthy are going to hit and probably most of those guys fall to the back half of the 1st or later. Probably one of them turns out better than the top two guys, which makes them getting picked late a talking point for years a la Mahomes and Watson.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
You guys are all sleeping Jordan Travis.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

what would have happened to stroud if he were on the bears?

spontaneously combusted like a spinal tap drummer

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 16, 2023

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Diva Cupcake posted:

That’s right

Caleb is weird because I feel like 95% of the criticism of him was overblown/speculative until 5-6 games ago, when he really did start holding onto the ball too long to the detriment of his team’s performance, and he stopped feasting on pressure, started eating sacks, legitimately wilted against a top defense etc. I used to think “Worst case scenario, he’s Better Kyler Murray, which is still a really good QB,” but the recent rocky patch plus the constant fumbling has me wondering if his floor is lower than I thought. Still a good prospect though

Maye looks good to me but I admittedly know jack poo poo about mechanics. Some questionable decision making and I thought he had a tendency to tuck it too quick in the face of pressure, but relative to the rest of the class it feels like those flaws are less significant than almost anyone else’s. I also am dumb and may have fallen for the fact that you can squint and convince yourself he’s basically just gonna be Justin Herbert

McCarthy is incredibly uninspiring for me. I haven’t seen anything that tells me he’s a bust but I also just haven’t seen anything remarkable from him. Sanders showed some impressive accuracy and processing but it’s hard for me to ignore those sacks even knowing he’s playing behind a dogshit line. Between that and his iffy arm strength, he vibes to me like a guy who ends up a career top-of-the-line backup who could probably perpetually be the 19th best starter if anyone was willing to commit to him long-term. (I also don’t think he ends up declaring this year). I’m too dumb to understand why Penix (and to a lesser extent Nix) won’t be good in the NFL despite being very good in college, but I’ve read enough smart people saying that to convince me.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
What if Bryce Young was white?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Main thing with Penix is injury history and that he never faces pressure. He used to be extremely dangerous on the ground and now he just sits back there picking secondaries apart because of his knees + he doesn't need to move.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

What if Bryce Young was white?

He’d be colt mccoy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I also don't get the McCarthy hype but admittedly I am biased. He's more dynamic than most Michigan QBs that go day 3 if at all, but he also doesn't have to do anything. He did not officially record a pass attempt in the entire second half against their best opponent.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

He’d be colt mccoy.

He's 4 inches shorter than Colt McCoy. He'd be Smart Doug Flutie

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Colt McCoy has like 4 inches and 30 pounds on Bryce.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

drat, that's a monster hog he's packing

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

TheGreyGhost, where are you, make a draft thread pls

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The draft thread is up bad draft thread poster

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Do not even ask posted:

drat, that's a monster hog he's packing

Chode McCoy

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Shrimpy posted:

Howell was considered a first rounder until the added scrutiny of actually playing got him dropped down to the 4th. The same thing should've happened to Trubisky except he was drafted after only one year as a starter.

We'll see how it works out for Maye, but I wouldn't bet the farm on someone coming through a bad ACC.

Howell was a 3 year starter. He played a lot of ball in college. After year 2, he was considered a 1st round pick. After year 3, he drops to the 5th round. A lot has been made that year 3 was a down year, but then half of his offense got drafted. No, I think the reasons his draft stock plummeted is that he takes too many sacks (which, to be fair, can be the kiss of death for a QB) and he reminded scouts and GMs of Baker Mayfield. Were he 2 inches taller, he would have gone 1st/early 2nd given how weak that draft class was.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

xbilkis posted:

Sanders showed some impressive accuracy and processing but it’s hard for me to ignore those sacks even knowing he’s playing behind a dogshit line. Between that and his iffy arm strength, he vibes to me like a guy who ends up a career top-of-the-line backup who could probably perpetually be the 19th best starter if anyone was willing to commit to him long-term. (I also don’t think he ends up declaring this year).

I think Sanders has to declare if only to save his life from that line, even if Deion dumps the whole load and 'cruits in a new one. He could be a combine make or break, where a good one brings him into Day 2/fringe Day 1, and a bad one sends him to Round 6-7.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Forrest on Fire posted:

He's 4 inches shorter than Colt McCoy. He'd be Smart Doug Flutie

Colt McCoy is over 6' tall. He's got at least 6" on Bryce and 40 lbs.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Diva Cupcake posted:

I’ve been glad to see that Daniels has toned down some of his really poor decision making at LSU relative to his ASU days, but I still think he’s going to be a decent NFL bust.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Shadeur Sanders is, uh…extremely not ready for NFL action. He’s a hell of a prospect, sure, but I think the correct action to take is to stay in CFB for another year, continue to improve, and be a sure fire #1 pick in the 2025 draft. There will be way less competition that year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's going to get himself killed in the league, but Deion's definitely gonna get him killed if he stays. Tough call tbh

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It's the Cardinals, but still lol.
https://x.com/NFLonFOX/status/1726321550855745680?s=20

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
MVP

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Most
Valuable
Panthers-loser-to

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Every week it is becoming more obvious that Bryce physically cannot play in the nfl.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Stroud MVP converation is probably over but the first half showed how elite he is

The second half? Let's.... let's move on from that

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

Every week it is becoming more obvious that Bryce physically cannot play in the nfl.

It's kinda funny we all assumed if he could stay healthy that he'd be legit. Whoops.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Just pointing out the Giants with Tommy Devito at QB have scored more points today than the Panthers with Bryce have all season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Just pointing out the Giants with Tommy Devito at QB have scored more points today than the Panthers with Bryce have all season.

The Panthers also scored their most points this season when Andy Dalton started against the Seahawks.