Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
LE is still up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!

Spectracide posted:

"It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please wait a while before trying again." very cool, gg valve

this got lifted for me and I was able to get a LE just now

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just got a 512 GB OLED. Honestly wasn't expecting to get one and now I am kind of conflicted.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

secret volcano lair posted:

where?? there's no category for this

I file a request in a random category (having trouble adding my funds) and seemingly got the block removed

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Suburban Dad posted:

The LE is back in stock it seems.

E: 1-2 weeks for delivery? Psh. They must have sold out of the initial allotment.
I was going to say "naw doubtful they added more" but now it's up to 2-4 weeks estimate so maybbbbeee

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I've got all of next week off and I hope they stick to the 3-5 days it is still showing.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

lmao a discord buddy clued me in the LE was back in stock and this time I was able to check out right away

now to wait for a "oops we didn't make enough, do you want to wait four months or just get a regular one" email

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

where?? there's no category for this

Purchases.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Whoa. I had given up when the LE showed out of stock. Come back 15 mins later and just try and it went through. I dont need this, but I have expendable money.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I file a request in a random category (having trouble adding my funds) and seemingly got the block removed

I chose the "purchase problem" option and it showed me a failed purchase of the deck.

But I think they're responding so quickly, this may be an automated unlock of any account that submits any ticket that is locked.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
SEND A SUPPORT TICKET TELLING THEM TO UNLOCK YOUR ACCOUNT IT WORKS.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Animal posted:

Bro I just got promoted to Chief Pilot, I'm only gonna fly when I can pick great layovers :c00l:
This is gonna be for gaming from my couch occasionally, and then just sitting in my desk looking preety 99.999999% of the time

Well hot drat!!

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

kuarduck posted:

Purchases.

Yeah, the thing is I had no actual relevant purchase for the item in my history, I'd never gotten that far but they blocked me anyway.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
After PayPal failing forever it went through when I manually typed my card in
Supposedly got one details to come

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Seeing that the LE is back in stock a moment after I secure my regular 1tb purchase.

Depressing Box
Jun 27, 2010

Half-price sideshow.
Just got the 1TB! They just unlocked my account before I could find where to submit a ticket, so it definitely seems like they might be doing preemptive unlocks.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Seeing that the LE is back in stock a moment after I secure my regular 1tb purchase.

Literally me ffs

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I was hitting buttons quickly enough that I landed an order for BOTH.

I've simply gone to help.steampowered.com and cancelled the order for the regular, leaving me with only the LE. You can try this too, though if ending up with 2 decks is going to gently caress up your finances bad (like, can't pay rent), maybe don't play with fire.

That said, I don't see a reason why Steam wouldn't successfully cancel my redundant order.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Detective No. 27 posted:

lol

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can say when I tried paypal, it did not work, but when I switched to my credit card, it did. I guess something to keep in mind for those still buying.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Secured a normal 1TB, then the LE came back in stock and I managed to get one of those after getting purchase rate limited then randomly unlocked without submitting a ticket.

There's a top-level option in steam support for 'I purchased two, whoops' when you go to refund.

LE is showing as out of stock again for me now, but perhaps you can only buy one? back up to purchasable again, but now it's saying 2-4 weeks, so I guess valve is indeed provisioning more units for the future.

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 16, 2023

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.

LE is back to out of stock if anyone is wondering.

Refreshed and it's back to in stock. I guess there's some manual dupe checking going on?

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
Emailed support and they pushed my order through. Got the LE OLED!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The 512 is still saying 3-5 business days, so hopefully that's when it comes in for me.

Also, I have so many loving points now, I have around 218,000 points, what am I going to spend them all on? At some point, they should let you trade them in for a game, even if it's at like D&B ticket redemption rates.

Vlaphor fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 16, 2023

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I bet those lock outs were just randomly selected to lessen the load on their purchasing system. Which is kind of sad for Valve's scale.

I once worked at a startup that did a big-for-us release that was listed on the Steam popup, first deck. Had to baby sit the number of (autoscaled) instances on our side as there are so many click throughs right away, just to be sure. So it's not like they don't have to deal with scale already.

I hope they just didn't expect this level of interest over a refresh rather than some bad coding/planning. Want this segment and specifically the Steam Deck to thrive!

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

BabelFish posted:

LE is showing as out of stock again for me now, but perhaps you can only buy one?
They said "At launch we are restricting purchases to 1 model of Steam Deck OLED per customer per week." and somewhere else I think it said you are limited to one LE purchase per account. But that might not be correct. Might be why they are going in and out of stock if people bought a few and stuff is getting cancelled.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Woot got the LE!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I was hitting buttons quickly enough that I landed an order for BOTH.

I've simply gone to help.steampowered.com and cancelled the order for the regular, leaving me with only the LE. You can try this too, though if ending up with 2 decks is going to gently caress up your finances bad (like, can't pay rent), maybe don't play with fire.

Did you just request a refund, or is there some other place to cancel orders?

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Subjunctive posted:

There's an option under refund for 'Accidentally purchased twice'. That instantly changed my shipping status to 'canceled' and started the refund process.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Subjunctive posted:

I requested a refund and selected an option saying something like "I unintentionally ordered this multiple times".

It does NOT appear to have immediately, automatically cancelled my order. I think a human has to review my request, which is why I said be cautious if your finances are tight and a second order will gently caress you up.

I am confident the order will be cancelled and I'll get a refund, but there might be some back-and-forth with support and I suppose there's a possibility the charge will hit my card then be reversed. Who knows?

EDIT: FWIW here's what I see now

Doesn't appear to be canceled yet, but again I assume a human needs to review.

EDIT2:

BabelFish posted:

There's an option under refund for 'Accidentally purchased twice'. That instantly changed my shipping status to 'canceled' and started the refund process.

Oh, sharp eye there BabelFish. My shipping status also says "Cancelled" now.

Chimp_On_Stilts fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 16, 2023

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

I can say when I tried paypal, it did not work, but when I switched to my credit card, it did. I guess something to keep in mind for those still buying.

yeah

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BabelFish posted:

I did not see that option when I submitted my refund request, so hopefully it doesn’t ship while they’re processing it.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
It helps that I didn't really care about the limited edition because I didn't know it was a little special button in my frenzy to get an etched glass model.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I am loving dreading doing this poo poo for a Steam Deck 2.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oh but my big brain put a grand in my Steam wallet so I wouldn’t have to worry about payment processor issues, so my refund is going to give me a huge wallet balance.

I guess I’ll spend that eventually…

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I requested a refund and selected an option saying something like "I unintentionally ordered this multiple times".

It does NOT appear to have immediately, automatically cancelled my order. I think a human has to review my request, which is why I said be cautious if your finances are tight and a second order will gently caress you up.

I am confident the order will be cancelled and I'll get a refund, but there might be some back-and-forth with support and I suppose there's a possibility the charge will hit my card then be reversed. Who knows?

EDIT: FWIW here's what I see now

Doesn't appear to be canceled yet, but again I assume a human needs to review.

My refund on the standard edition just processed, total time was 15 minutes from request to completion.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bumhead posted:

I am loving dreading doing this poo poo for a Steam Deck 2.

They need to do what Funko does maybe: use their own store for normal poo poo but Shopify for flash sales and such.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

After PayPal failing forever it went through when I manually typed my card in
Supposedly got one details to come

I did the same. PayPal flunking out. Guess it's good not to use the credit card....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Had a 30 minute meeting and then came back out and nabbed a 1 Tb