Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Maybe you wouldn't be struggling to carry your wounded comrade if you weren't waving that hilariously oversized poppy you dumb fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Suella Braverman and Rishi Sunak play hide and seek – Faced with the home secretary’s dogwhistle politics, the prime minister dives for cover"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Remembrance Sunday: King Charles leads service as nation falls silent

Mail on Sunday:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I see Mac is still using Jim Crow era image references for his artwork.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
loving hell

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Macron’s Gaza ceasefire call – The French president has said there is ‘no justification’ for the Israeli bombardment"

Telegraph:

Supreme Court to rule on Rwanda migrant policy next week

Times:

Suella Braverman sacked: I have more to say, she warns

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Dan Francis on Suella Braverman’s sacking – One Tory MP publishes a formal letter of no confidence in Rishi Sunak, saying it is time for a ‘real’ Conservative leader"

Bonus! Byline Times:

David Cameron makes shock comeback in high-risk reshuffle

Telegraph:

The reason Rishi Sunak has made David Cameron a peer

Matt:

Times:

David Cameron must ‘shed links to Chinese business’

Evening Standard:

I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! full line-up 'revealed' including a retired boxer and This Morning host

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the return of David Cameron – The former Conservative prime minister was unexpectedly appointed as foreign secretary in Rishi Sunak’s reshuffle"

Telegraph:

Autumn Statement 2023: When is it and our predictions for Jeremy Hunt’s announcement

Matt:

Why I’m A Celebrity could be exactly what Nigel Farage’s career needs

Independent:

Braverman suggests she struck deal with Sunak to help him become PM

Times:

Rwanda ruling live: Sunak vows to change law after Supreme Court defeat

Evening Standard:

PM declares inflation pledge delivered as rate falls to lowest in two years

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:siren::ducksiren::siren::yaybutt::siren::wooper::siren: IT'S TIME TO VOTE FOR THE ELLWOOD ATFIELD POLITICAL CARTOON OF THE YEAR AWARDS 2023!!!!! :siren::wooper::siren::yaybutt::siren::ducksiren::siren:

And you can vote in them! Simply click on this handy link right here, select the Political Cartoon category, look at the selection (including other cartoonists not usually posted to the thread!), pick your winner, then do whatever the website says. There's also categories for Pocket Cartoon of the Year and Gag Cartoon of the Year, if you're so inclined!

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Suella Braverman’s Rwanda plan – The UK’s supreme court has rejected the former home secretary’s scheme to deport asylum seekers" Also Jaws and Empire Strikes Back poster artist Roger Kastel dies at 92

Telegraph:

Matt:

Rishi Sunak urged to ban disposable vapes amid fears his plans won't go far enough, I guess?

Independent:

Times:

Rishi Sunak says emergency law can save Rwanda policy

Evening Standard:

Starmer loses eight frontbenchers in major rebellion over Gaza ceasefire stance; The Crown Season Six, Part One on Netflix review: the lights go down with the departure of Diana

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Such a shame Bell is not here for another round of Condom Camerons.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the UK government’s revised plan for asylum seekers – Despite the supreme court ruling that the Rwanda plan was illegal, Robert Jenrick is still insisting that flights will go ahead by the spring"

Telegraph:

"Failure to reform asylum laws is inhumane – and Rishi must say so"

Matt:

December train strikes: Dates and services affected

Independent:

Starmer suggests Gaza position is about readying Labour for government

Times:

David Cameron meets Zelensky in Ukraine on first trip as foreign secretary

Stephen Collins:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

God I love Stephen Collins.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on a difficult week for Rishi Sunak and Keir Starmer – As the prime minister’s Rwanda plan suffered a legal setback, 10 Labour frontbenchers quit or were sacked over the party’s stance on Gaza"

Telegraph:

Resurfacing fund worth £8.3bn lined up for England’s potholes
Also! 2023 According to Blower Jigsaw now on sale!

Matt:

The Crown, season 6, review: the show reaches a creative dead end with Diana's ghostly return

Independent:

After Ohara Koson.

The i paper:

I’m a Celebrity’s Nigel Farage reveals why he’ll be exempt from some Bushtucker Trials

Times:

Braverman blasts Sunak’s ‘magical thinking’ before Supreme Court Rwanda ruling

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Holy immigration policy, Rishi! – Batman and Robin, aka Rishi Sunak and James Cleverly, are brought up short by asylum legislation"

Sunday Telegraph:

Jeremy Hunt: The time has come for tax cuts

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Should everyone get a £500,000 inheritance tax allowance?

Mail on Sunday:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
"gently caress off, Mac" may no longer suffice, I'm feeling the urge to make actionable threats against named persons

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on Jeremy Hunt’s spending plans – The chancellor will deliver his autumn statement on Wednesday"

Telegraph:

Desperate Afghan refugees forced to bribe police to avoid deportation; Nigel Farage taunted over Brexit in I'm a Celebrity debut

Times:

Rishi Sunak ‘will do what’s necessary’ on Rwanda despite cabinet row

Evening Standard:

The 67th Evening Standard Theatre Awards: a glittering night with the brightest stars of London theatre

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Patrick Vallance’s appearance at the Covid inquiry – The government’s chief scientific adviser during the pandemic is giving evidence – which could be bad news for Rishi Sunak and Boris Johnson"

Telegraph:

Politics latest news: 'Strong case' to cut taxes in Autumn Statement, says Lord Hague

Matt:

Times:

Rishi Sunak unveils five new pledges ahead of Autumn Statement

Evening Standard:

Sunak suggested ‘handling the scientists’ and not virus, Covid probe is told

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on hopes for a truce in Gaza – Hamas earlier said an agreement with the Israeli government was ‘close’" Also Premature babies evacuated from Gaza into Egypt – video

Telegraph:

Watch Autumn Statement live: Tax burden to hit record high despite Jeremy Hunt's cuts; Ridley Scott says French ‘don’t even like themselves’ after criticism of his Napoleon film

Matt:

Independent:

Autumn statement – latest: Jeremy Hunt cuts national insurance but tax burden set to hit post-war high

Times:

Evening Standard:

BBC to rest Top Gear 'for the foreseeable future' after Andrew Flintoff crash
Bonus!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Jeremy Hunt’s autumn statement – The chancellor has announced a cut to national insurance"

Telegraph:

Families £1,900 worse off by the next election despite Hunt’s giveaways

Matt:

Unemployed who refuse to job-hunt will be stripped of benefits perks

Independent:

Times:

Hunt claims UK has ‘turned a corner’ as he slashes national insurance

Evening Standard:

Doctor Who: six classic episodes as the show celebrates 60 years

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

All these tax changes being so dramatic seem pretty weird to me considering I always seem to be taking home the same loving amount year on year, inflation considered.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Tesseraction posted:

All these tax changes being so dramatic seem pretty weird to me considering I always seem to be taking home the same loving amount year on year, inflation considered.

Oh they'll have little impact on you.

But this, oh baby:

quote:

Mr Hunt also confirmed that a tax break for companies that invest in new equipment would be made permanent, which he claimed was the "biggest business tax cut in modern history".

That's gonna pad so many property portfolios.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak looking ahead to the next election – The tax cut in Wednesday’s autumn statement has been seen by many as the first move in next year’s election campaign" After J-L David.

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Sunak urged to ‘act now’ by Tory MPs as net migration hits record 745,000

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on hopes for peace in Gaza – A four-day ceasefire between Israel and Hamas has begun"

Telegraph:

Robert Jenrick backs Suella Braverman’s hardline Rwanda plan

Matt:

Why the ONS massively underestimated net migration

Independent:

After Joseph Wright.

The i paper:

Times:

Home secretary described Stockton-on-Tees as ‘poo poo-hole’, MP claims

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The zombie Tory government staggers on – Jeremy Hunt promised us a magical future in his autumn statement. Do you believe him?"

Sunday Telegraph:

Starmer wants to water down Labour’s £28bn green pledge even more

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
What the gently caress is Mac even thinking he is trying to say?

That the binned fascist named Braverman is braver? And he is still, for some reason, employed?

Did anyone tell the Tories which side the Brits were on during the last worldwide police action?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on James Cleverly – The home secretary allegedly described Stockton, on Teesside, as a ‘shithole’"

Telegraph:

UK braces for ‘increasingly wintry’ weather as cold front arrives from Scandinavia

Times:

Lee Anderson: I was offered ‘a lot of money’ to join Reform UK

Evening Standard:

Prince Harry 'ready to forget row with family and attempt reconciliation'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the ceasefire in Gaza – Despite the extension of the pause in hostilities between Israel and Hamas, peace still seems a long way off"

Telegraph:

Omid Scobie recruits ‘Sussex Squad’ influencers to promote his new book Endgame

Matt:

UAE accused of using Cop28 climate talks to strike oil and gas deals

Times:

Evening Standard:

Our Winter Survival Appeal hits £1m as Sainsbury's donates £500k and West Ham stars lend a hand

David Squires:

Terry Venables obituary

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

SerthVarnee posted:

What the gently caress is Mac even thinking he is trying to say?

That the binned fascist named Braverman is braver? And he is still, for some reason, employed?

Did anyone tell the Tories which side the Brits were on during the last worldwide police action?

oh he's drunk, op

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Parthenon marbles – Rishi Sunak has pulled out of talks with the Greek prime minister about the repatriation of the sculptures"

Telegraph:

Covid could be ‘man-made’, Michael Gove tells inquiry

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s national park initiative – The prime minister is announcing a search for a new national park in England as Cop28 begins"

Telegraph:

UAE Cop has ‘biggest carbon footprint’ in history of annual climate summit

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Covid inquiry: Matt Hancock says UK lockdown was three weeks late — watch live

Evening Standard:

Henry Kissinger, ‘artist’ of diplomacy but controversial to the end, dies at 100

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Matt Hancock’s appearance before the Covid inquiry – The former health secretary has been answering questions about his department’s response to the pandemic"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Omid Scobie ‘frustrated’ that names of ‘royal racists’ were included in book

Independent:

Times:

Henry Kissinger, giant of US diplomacy, dies aged 100

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak defends UK climate ambitions at Cop28 after scaling back net zero pledges

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Shocking to see the times supporting hamas like that

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Haven't seen OIL labelled in a UK political cartoon since Iraq: the Blair years.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pilchenstein posted:

Shocking to see the times supporting hamas like that

I was wondering about that too until I realised that both people depicted are Jewish and did an "ohhhhhhhhhh. oh." out loud.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I still don't get it.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Private Speech posted:

I still don't get it.

Both are monsters seeking/who sought to kill as many civilians as possible in their quest of unquenchable bloodlust and revenge for resistance against their colonial ideologies.

I'm surprised to see the Times being less hand-wringing about both than the Guardian but I guess that shows how cowed they've been.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Guardian have probably sacked Steve Bell again for that Brookes cartoon.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Telegraph:

Sunak admits UK climate efforts won’t matter if China and US fail to act

Matt:

Abu Dhabi takeover of The Telegraph to be investigated over censorship fears

Independent:

After Jan Steen.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Cop28 dithers while the world burns – Fossil fuel companies, political short-termism and apathy are thwarting action to avert global heating"

Sunday Telegraph:

Boris Johnson: UK’s obesity problem made tackling Covid harder

Matt:

‘Omid Scobie’s book is a hatchet job on the Royal family’

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the Gaza evacuation grid system – With Palestinians increasingly squeezed into southern Gaza, Israel has started using a new grid system for evacuation warnings"
Bonus! Best Guardian and Observer Cartoons of 2023 – own a fine art print from Jennings, Squires and Riddell! What other cartoonists?
Also! https://twitter.com/MartinRowson/status/1730658584172646691

Telegraph:

Starmer heaps praise on Thatcher as he woos Conservative voters

Times:

Keir Starmer faces backlash for praising Margaret Thatcher

Evening Standard:

UK 'ready to give Rwanda £15m to seal new small boats treaty'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Cop28 summit – Sultan Al Jaber, president of Cop28, has caused controversy with his views on climate science"

Telegraph:

Labour won’t ‘turn on spending taps’, Starmer to pledge

Matt:

Pandas to travel ‘first-class’ from Scotland to China

Times:

Evening Standard:

James Cleverly signs new asylum treaty in Rwanda

David Squires: