Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Bring back that stupidly imbalanced Warcraft 3 CS.

e: I will not apologise for this snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

hello internet posted:

24/7 assault was my jam

1.6 and prior was assault and dust 1 for me

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

The cheating from other players is balanced by the cheaters on my team.

I lost 4 close games the other day in what I thought were fair matches.

The next two games dude on my team was the most obvious waller. Waited a few seconds staring at other spawn every round and then sprinted to where they were. Couldn't vote kick him because he was part of a 3 stack.

Next game guy openly talking about having smokes disabled on my team and no one would kick cause they didn't want to lose.

Might try face it. Might just stick to goonman. Should prob learn the game sometime too.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

hello internet posted:

Literally one of the best HL mods of all time

Science & Industry would be incredible on Source 2 engine.

Natural Selection is probably the greatest. The sequel standalone game still has a few active servers and looks fantastic years later. Was actively developed up until a few months ago

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
bring back cs_estate and CT nvg's

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

astr0man posted:

bring back cs_estate and CT nvg's

Reminds me of the zombie mod Apophis made almost 20 years ago. One person starts as a headcrab zombie with 600 HP and CT NVG. Hit a human and they turn into a zombie headcrab. Try to live. All the lights were removed from the maps so the only lighting was from peoples' flashlights. Estate was one of the better maps with that mod.

I can't quite remember how guns worked. I don't think they were placed as drops in the maps because that would have required custom maps. Think you just had a budget of $2k every round. Thanks for the memory. Loved playing nipper's maps or zombie mod on the goon server.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Nam Taf posted:

I played so much UWC3 where you were a god just by playing a lot.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
try 2 ferrari peek me after I've cast entangling roots, b*ch

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

hello internet posted:

24/7 assault was my jam
I really miss the 24/7 Assault and Dust2+Office servers hosted by Australian ISPs for CSS. Assault was funny when you could troll the T side by hiding up in that building at the end of the street by the tunnel and trainline.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Bohemian Nights posted:

try 2 ferrari peek me after I've cast entangling roots, b*ch

But i bought amulet

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
wc3 mod more like wc3 bored zzz

browsers castle
Dec 27, 2011
scoutzknivez when

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Nam Taf posted:

lol I was thinking about that the other day, this + 24/7 fy_iceworld + poolparty + de_rats

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I won a single wingman on Nuke and it gave me LEM. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Had a 0.000s Defuse to win the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c8C_XGFCUE

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Servers are absolutely buggered after the last update. Sucks that the phrase has lost all meaning due to memes but Premier is "literally unplayable". I'm on 5-20 ping and getting these full network lockups every time I'm about to see an enemy.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah I get constant packet loss in MM since a few weeks ago but the goon servers are 100% fine.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Pandaal posted:

Servers are absolutely buggered after the last update. Sucks that the phrase has lost all meaning due to memes but Premier is "literally unplayable". I'm on 5-20 ping and getting these full network lockups every time I'm about to see an enemy.

Unfortunate. I uust played several games on the scandi servers and it was completely fine

also I'm kind of starting to dig ancient, after being forced to have a 4 map pool due to premier

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I rarely ever play vertigo because we always ban it in mm.

Nuke overpass inferno are prime goon maps

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah I've grown fonder of Ancient since premier has forced me to play it a bunch, plus it's had a lot of awesome pro matches in the past year. Vertigo is pretty much the only active duty map I don't play.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Vertigo is so good.

CT Side XM Mid rush gogogogo

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Just played a couple MM games and didn’t notice any server issues, luckily.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Less than 2 weeks to go for the 2023 Goonman Draft Championships! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7xtpzbWnPc

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

hell yeah goon tournament

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Team 1 fucks

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I shouldn't complain about freelo but geez, matchmaking putting our mostly purple fullstack against 5 solo queuers, with their highest at 12k rating, is not a great experience for the opposing team

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
? if they didn't want to get run over they should have played better.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
they definitely shouldn't have picked overpass, that's for sure

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
they did it. they made night skins a little less blue. thank you gaben

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Compound is BACK BABY

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3088473697

All aboard the nostalgia sniperfest train ~

I have it hosted here: connect thepit.datho.st:26097

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

DarkDobe posted:

Compound is BACK BABY

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3088473697

All aboard the nostalgia sniperfest train ~

I have it hosted here: connect thepit.datho.st:26097

drat! I completely forgot that this map existed

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

hello internet posted:

drat! I completely forgot that this map existed

It was never super popular but there were always a few 24/7 compound servers for sniperfests and general lunacy.
Ah, the olden days cs was fun not comp focused.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Unbound fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 27, 2024

esky
Apr 15, 2003

DarkDobe posted:

THE ROCK

A small Defusal map inspired by the 90's action movie!
Chaotic action followed by terrifying hide and seek 1v1s

Grab it here: https://mega.nz/file/NtYG0QKS#IQLYdhnprTwzck7pwCQ4dfyluPHlW7cZz1Q1yJ-MJYY
Put it here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\game\csgo\maps
Launch with -insecure
Play here - console enter: connect thepit.datho.st:26097

It's currently set up for 5v5 with bots on a private server.
Feel free to give it a try - let me know if you find anything broken, or any suggestions.

OOOO I've always wanted to make a CS map based on The Rock. Well done. I always wanted to do a shower room + cell block map.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

esky posted:

OOOO I've always wanted to make a CS map based on The Rock. Well done. I always wanted to do a shower room + cell block map.

I didn't do the cell blocks but maybe sometime ill play with the prison idea a bit more.
This turned in to a clusterfuck of a small map and I adore it but it's by no means meant for Competitive Zero Fun Allowed Mode CS

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I have made some very incorrect predictions, not taking tilt factor into consideration

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Unbound fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 27, 2024

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Bro I'm so horny for this to start

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
The prices for cool skins are absolutely mental. I looked up one that I saw ingame and liked, and it costs $100. Wtf?

Is the idea that you can always sell them if/when you stop playing the game, at a similar price or higher?

I don't want to entertain the idea that people sink hundreds of dollars into cosmetics as a sunk cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

PirateBob posted:

Is the idea that you can always sell them if/when you stop playing the game, at a similar price or higher?

It’s this 100%. You can resell them and they hold their value really well, many even appreciating in price. They’re on a down trend right now because the game is bad at the moment, but even then the idea is that if you want a cool skin and it’s $100, you’ll probably get around that for it when you want something else / stop playing the game.