Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

orange juche posted:

I would be perfectly ok with this, I have no love for apartheid clyde and if he stuffs it in one of his rockets I'll be pretty happy. I still want SpaceX to get us back to the moon.

Trying to lead the first crewed mission to Mars and then blowing up on the launch pad never leaving Earth's gravity would be the perfect end. Never accomplishing anything and ten years later he's in the dustbin of history. I could also accept making it halfway there and then realizing he wanted to move-fast-and-break-things his way out of radiation shielding or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

orange juche posted:

You do know that the LM was made by Grumman, and the CM was made by Rockwell, right? Big companies were key to getting us to the moon the first time too. poo poo, ostensibly they were bigger companies than SpaceX is.

I would be perfectly ok with this, I have no love for apartheid clyde and if he stuffs it in one of his rockets I'll be pretty happy. I still want SpaceX to get us back to the moon.

At least we're keeping our rich history of Nazi's in the space program alive and well with him running the show.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1725091240507551878?s=20

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Wtf is white culture?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

fknlo posted:

At least we're keeping our rich history of Nazi's in the space program alive and well with him running the show.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1725091240507551878?s=20

How difficult is it to be proud of a country or culture you are from instead of the color of your skin?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

RFC2324 posted:

Wtf is white culture?

Made up. Like gender and other eugenics

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

RFC2324 posted:

Wtf is white culture?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBo_ijfKVRM

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

Wtf is white culture?

More fluid than gender :v:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

RFC2324 posted:

Wtf is white culture?

Ranch dressing.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Imagine if a late stage eccentric Howard Hughes had access to twitter. Being rich is refined brain poison. Hoping Elon dies before he starts tweeting about keeping his own piss in bottles.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Crab Dad posted:

How difficult is it to be proud of a country or culture you are from instead of the color of your skin?

Well if you're a white South African like Elon, very hard if you want to not be a racist shitheel.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

White people are literally the ones who define whiteness, so I don't wtf are they on about.

Oh, racism

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Imagine if a late stage eccentric Howard Hughes had access to twitter. Being rich is refined brain poison. Hoping Elon dies before he starts tweeting about keeping his own piss in bottles.

I mean it would be funny for elon to tweet about keeping his piss in bottles

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Icon Of Sin posted:

How does he have time for all of his crimes??

He needs to be in the same cell as SBF...for science reasons.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Elon has a way of making anything he posts desperately UNfunny

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

bulletsponge13 posted:

White people are literally the ones who define whiteness, so I don't wtf are they on about.

Oh, racism

Yeah, I was going to write up a whole rant about how white people created blackness as a cultural concept due to both racism and ignorance about different African cultures and how plenty of white folks are proud of their specific cultural heritage and nobody raises an eyebrow about it and how whiteness only exists as a reflection of the concept of blackness so yeah anybody who talks about white pride is doing it for racist reasons, but you said it better in those two sentences.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Crab Dad posted:

Ive had a pet theory that the people who want to be "proud of being white" dont actually know what they mean.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Defenestrategy posted:

Ive had a pet theory that the people who want to be "proud of being white" dont actually know what they mean.

Well, they know what they mean in a negative-value kind of way. They don't know, or much care really, what specifics that means they are for but they goddam sure know what (read; who) it means that they're against.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Tiny Timbs posted:

Elon has a way of making anything he posts desperately UNfunny

He might be the least funny person who has ever existed

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
As a descendant of Irish immigrants it's hard to take people telling me "it's OK to be white" seriously considering the Irish weren't even considered white until, like, 1904 or some drat thing.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
poo poo my parents would get told to “speak white” growing up.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Crab Dad posted:

all three are pretty big red flags that someone has absolutely nothing else going on for them and had to grab on the lowest hanging identity fruit that they had no control or influence over

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

orange juche posted:

unfortunately for better or worse spacex is on the hook for America's manned space program for their return to the moon. NASA needs something that can lift a lot of cargo to the Moon and is reusable, and Starship's in-flight refuelling capability will allow them to do that. SLS can get people to the moon but it doesn't carry any sort of landing capabilities onboard, and a LM style thing that is towed out to the moon by the SLS isn't really capable for building any sort of permanent moon base.

Their refueling capability is yet to be proven, so I'm not counting chickens before they hatch.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Their refueling capability is yet to be proven, so I'm not counting chickens before they hatch.

That's basically everything about our current moon program except the rocket that's expected to launch like once a year. (Though admittedly it is the one novel thing. )

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

CommieGIR posted:

Also, their ability to get into orbit without blowing up.

bird food bathtub posted:

Trying to lead the first crewed mission to Mars and then blowing up on the launch pad never leaving Earth's gravity would be the perfect end. Never accomplishing anything and ten years later he's in the dustbin of history. I could also accept making it halfway there and then realizing he wanted to move-fast-and-break-things his way out of radiation shielding or something.

Elon is to big a wussy to get in his own drat NASA-certified manned rocket, he's not leading poo poo anywhere out of one of his cozy offices surrounded by bodyguards who follow him to take a tinkle.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

OddObserver posted:

That's basically everything about our current moon program except the rocket that's expected to launch like once a year. (Though admittedly it is the one novel thing. )

Yes, but SLS has proven it works. Including the Command Module and all the main systems.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

shame on an IGA posted:

all three are pretty big red flags that someone has absolutely nothing else going on for them and had to grab on the lowest hanging identity fruit that they had no control or influence over

Eh I’m proud to be Chicano, part of a marginalized group looked down upon for decades.

Plenty of Italian Americans too are proud to be part of a conquered superpower of late antiquity.

It’s only a red flag if you act like it has anymore more than superficial impact on your life currently unlike skin tone.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
white pride is a complicated beast. white pride has always existed, but its always been cultural pride because we havent had our unifying moment yet. we've really only been oppressed by ourselves and until someone else oppresses us, our differences in culture will be enough to keep us apart.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

Notahippie posted:

Yeah, I was going to write up a whole rant about how white people created blackness as a cultural concept due to both racism and ignorance about different African cultures and how plenty of white folks are proud of their specific cultural heritage and nobody raises an eyebrow about it and how whiteness only exists as a reflection of the concept of blackness so yeah anybody who talks about white pride is doing it for racist reasons, but you said it better in those two sentences.

Just post the American Gods clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Grz24sgWdw

Funfact: Anansi in the show was so on point that it made white audiences so uncomfortable that he got kicked off the show.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

My Spirit Otter posted:

white pride is a complicated beast. white pride has always existed, but its always been cultural pride because we havent had our unifying moment yet. we've really only been oppressed by ourselves and until someone else oppresses us, our differences in culture will be enough to keep us apart.

I can't parse this because it's more than 14 words

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Yes, but SLS has proven it works. Including the Command Module and all the main systems.

For all its expense and problems and rear end in a top hat politicians loving it up with pork barrel bullshit, SLS at least works, and there's a high degree of confidence it will continue to work.

Someone's going to crack in-space refueling, everyone that does spacey poo poo is working on and talking about it. I'm also pretty sure it'll be necessary to make DRACO work effectively.

E: the NTP engine, not the SpaceX one.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
One important thing to keep in mind about Black Pride, LGBT Pride, or even Irish/Italian pride to a degree, is that these movements were created in opposition to prevailing cultural narratives telling them that who they were was shameful and lesser compared to the white anglo-saxon protestant majority. Pride is a rallying cry of the oppressed, and white pride literally cannot exist in that context because they're the ones doing the oppressing.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Which is why you should roundly mock any motherfucker who says anything to the effect that they think white people are oppressed

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

I can't parse this because it's more than 14 words

i cant tell if youre calling me a nazi because i think white people have been the oppressors instead of the opressees and we havent experienced such mistreatment that weve been able to put our differences aside and unify to the point where a white pride thats not a racist dogwhistle can exist, or not. if you are, youve actively chosen to name your account after john wayne and your opinion of whats racist or not doesnt mean poo poo.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

i cant tell if youre calling me a nazi because i think white people have been the oppressors instead of the opressees and we havent experienced such mistreatment that weve been able to put our differences aside and unify to the point where a white pride thats not a racist dogwhistle can exist, or not. if you are, youve actively chosen to name your account after john wayne and your opinion of whats racist or not doesnt mean poo poo.

Tbf I'm pretty sure that's a reference to Full Metal Jacket, not John Wayne himself.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

My Spirit Otter posted:

I'm not, I'm making a joke because I'm reading the term 'white pride' a lot on this page which is absurdly funny. No offence ment

And I haven't watched a John Wayne movie in my life and you can't make me

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

I'm not, I'm making a joke because I'm reading the term 'white pride' a lot on this page which is absurdly funny. No offence ment

Why would you watch a movie you starred in anyways???

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

sorry i get defensive when i think people are calling me a racist because i tick all the boxes

• white
  • bald
  • beard
  • tattoos
  • angry

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Fivemarks posted:

Just post the American Gods clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Grz24sgWdw

Funfact: Anansi in the show was so on point that it made white audiences so uncomfortable that he got kicked off the show.

he was the best thing in the entire show.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ded posted:

he was the best thing in the entire show.

Seriously, nobody could outact that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

yea, the slave ship speech wouldve had the slavers on the upper deck wanting to kill slavers