Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/alandersh/status/1724893592031027393?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Found one of the sadder gimmicks to devote your account to fully

https://twitter.com/liddle_lefty/status/1724428946748436510

Also, the guy does suck, I did check to be sure and I don't think this is satire

https://twitter.com/liddle_lefty/status/1712957794260062335
https://twitter.com/liddle_lefty/status/1719010496479928620

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

RareAcumen posted:

Found one of the sadder gimmicks to devote your account to fully

https://twitter.com/liddle_lefty/status/1724428946748436510

Also, the guy does suck, I did check to be sure and I don't think this is satire

https://twitter.com/liddle_lefty/status/1712957794260062335
https://twitter.com/liddle_lefty/status/1719010496479928620

So are they still inventing new forms of copium to keep pretending Bridget isn't canonically trans or have they shifted to just being lovely contrarians about it? I feel like it's pretty hard to keep up the act of pretending a thing the developer explicitly confirmed to be true isn't true.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Clerical Terrors posted:

So are they still inventing new forms of copium to keep pretending Bridget isn't canonically trans or have they shifted to just being lovely contrarians about it? I feel like it's pretty hard to keep up the act of pretending a thing the developer explicitly confirmed to be true isn't true.

They seem to mostly point out articles written by random journalists from Japan that refer to Bridget as a boy, talk about how people "don't know the lore," and claim that a lot of people talking about Bridget only got into the series with the latest game. Pretty much anything other than taking the developers at their word. It's just such a weird obsession to be insistent that Bridget isn't trans. Like, they absolutely need Bridget to be a guy. Is it like some kind of weird fetish thing? Are they just really into femboys but can't deal with trans girls? Honestly, I don't care and don't really want to dissect their broken brains

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

goblin week posted:

It's not like, toxic, but like other elastomeres it suffer from inherent porosity which makes them harbor bacteria, It's fine for external play but i would not insert them into your body. I recommend silicone, glass or ABS for that. The big problem is that a lot of elastomer toys are sold as silicone but they very much are not and there really are no conclusive non-destructive tests you can do.

That's what I was wondering, mostly how easy it is to effectively clean.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

goblin week posted:

It's not like, toxic, but like other elastomeres it suffer from inherent porosity which makes them harbor bacteria, It's fine for external play but i would not insert them into your body. I recommend silicone, glass or ABS for that. The big problem is that a lot of elastomer toys are sold as silicone but they very much are not and there really are no conclusive non-destructive tests you can do.

If I recall, that risk of infection was the big issue with those jade eggs Gwyneth Paltrow wanted people to shove in their vaginas. You can "clean" it all you want, but those tiny little holes (:wiggle:) collect some nasty junk. Pumice stones may have the same issue, not sure...for feet! Don't shove pumice stones in your orifices.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kit Walker posted:

They seem to mostly point out articles written by random journalists from Japan that refer to Bridget as a boy, talk about how people "don't know the lore," and claim that a lot of people talking about Bridget only got into the series with the latest game. Pretty much anything other than taking the developers at their word. It's just such a weird obsession to be insistent that Bridget isn't trans. Like, they absolutely need Bridget to be a guy. Is it like some kind of weird fetish thing? Are they just really into femboys but can't deal with trans girls? Honestly, I don't care and don't really want to dissect their broken brains

Yes. The answer is yes. Femboys are straight, trans women are gay.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Read After Burning posted:

Don't shove pumice stones in your orifices.

SOMEone's never heard of the first amendment!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I remember a goon had an avatar of Bridget captioned "I'M A GUY DAMMIT" like twenty years ago and it always made me laugh so that's what I think of when I think of that character.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Kit Walker posted:

Like, they absolutely need Bridget to be a guy. Is it like some kind of weird fetish thing? Are they just really into femboys but can't deal with trans girls?

Yes, actually. This is one of those things that proves transphobia is anger over breaking gender lines, every single one of these people is a weeb who would have zero problem if Bridget was an effeminate man who looked exactly the same. But as soon as the she/her pronouns come out, people see red.

E. Also a pretty big part of the alt right weeb narrative is that Japan has no concept of trans people because queerness was invented in America in 2014, so the existence of a canonical trans anime character (who isn't a mean joke) destroys this.

mycot has a new favorite as of 20:16 on Nov 16, 2023

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I just saw a CNN headline: Some young Americans on Tiktok say they sympathize with Osama bin Laden. :munch:

captainOrbital posted:

SOMEone's never heard of the first amendment!

You'll pry my moldy pumice stone out of my cold, dead cooch. :argh:

mycot posted:

But as soon as the she/her pronouns come out, people see red.

I think that's their obsession with trans women in Thailand as well; my understanding is that it's way more common for trans women there to not go by "she/her". Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, however!

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 20:50 on Nov 16, 2023

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

wash bucket posted:

Writing a letter to my congressional reps telling them to touch grass.

If she could read she'd be very upset.

Scientastic posted:

This post is incorrect in ascribing these pictures to AI, it is well known that depictions of Geoffrey of Bouillon are all stock images

That explanation is a bit wordy, could you boil it down a bit?

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

mycot posted:

Yes, actually. This is one of those things that proves transphobia is anger over breaking gender lines, every single one of these people is a weeb who would have zero problem if Bridget was an effeminate man who looked exactly the same. But as soon as the she/her pronouns come out, people see red.

E. Also a pretty big part of the alt right weeb narrative is that Japan has no concept of trans people because queerness was invented in America in 2014, so the existence of a canonical trans anime character (who isn't a mean joke) destroys this.

See also the character Yamato is one piece. He identifies as a man and uses he/him pronouns, there's even a scene with him saying he's more comfortable in the men's bathhouse. Though, since he has the body of an attractive woman weebs have to argue that it's ok to misgender a character because boners.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Bouillon huh? Guess that's why he's got a cube in his cheek.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

I just saw a CNN headline: Some young Americans on Tiktok say they sympathize with Osama bin Laden. :munch:

I think that's their obsession with trans women in Thailand as well; my understanding is that it's way more common for trans women there to not go by "she/her". Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, however!

I mean in a lot of languages gendered pronouns aren't even a thing (or of marginal usage).

Spoken Chinese has no gendered pronouns, the distinction only exists in text (and is a recent invention at that).
Japanese technically has gendered pronouns for the third person but they aren't used often. Instead most pronoun usage is for the first person, making Japanese probably the wokest language grammatically as first person pronouns are definitionally personal choice.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

There’s a disease revealed here all right.

It’s Transgender Derangement Syndrome.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

It’s not nearly that interesting. A bunch of influencers who never posted a single political thought before realized reading Osama letters and going GASP… HE WAS RIGHT gets mad clicks

Sure there’s plenty of places to read things about US imperialism and why capital is bad that aren’t theocratic screeds blaming jews for capitalism, or railing against gay people, but then that’s less clicks. It’s certainly iosm all round

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Sure there’s plenty of places to read things about US imperialism and why capital is bad that aren’t theocratic screeds blaming jews for capitalism, or railing against gay people, but then that’s less clicks.

Yeah but does the CIA host their ROM and anime collection?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/I_Am_CyberSmith/status/1725240526616625495

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Isn’t that the human pet guy?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elblanco posted:

See also the character Yamato is one piece. He identifies as a man and uses he/him pronouns, there's even a scene with him saying he's more comfortable in the men's bathhouse. Though, since he has the body of an attractive woman weebs have to argue that it's ok to misgender a character because boners.

As someone who hasn't kept up with One Piece since Oars, regretfully I have to say that I'm not sure what to say about Yamato that's correct. I heard about the Oden inspiration and that's why the he/him pronouns and he'd rather be called either Kaido's son or a prince? I dunno I'm rambling. I think I'm asking if he's trans or just wants to flip his pronouns.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Sure is

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It’s not nearly that interesting. A bunch of influencers who never posted a single political thought before realized reading Osama letters and going GASP… HE WAS RIGHT gets mad clicks

Sure there’s plenty of places to read things about US imperialism and why capital is bad that aren’t theocratic screeds blaming jews for capitalism, or railing against gay people, but then that’s less clicks. It’s certainly iosm all round

Just found out about US imperialism...drat that poo poo sucks...

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

RareAcumen posted:

As someone who hasn't kept up with One Piece since Oars, regretfully I have to say that I'm not sure what to say about Yamato that's correct. I heard about the Oden inspiration and that's why the he/him pronouns and he'd rather be called either Kaido's son or a prince? I dunno I'm rambling. I think I'm asking if he's trans or just wants to flip his pronouns.

he's fictional and trans dwi

estrogen tastes like chalk, pretty sure you'd notice even in coffee

oh also don't slip people drugs without their consent and whatnot, even if you're a human pet guy (idk what that means)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yamato's deal is that he wants to be a specific other man who he super idolises.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

His mind…

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Putting estradiol in coffee is a terrible idea. It’s poorly soluble in water.

Put it in the donuts.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

oh also don't slip people drugs without their consent and whatnot, even if you're a human pet guy (idk what that means)

Always a good opportunity to bust out this old chestnut

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Kit Walker posted:

:bighow:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

tokin opposition posted:

Cybersmith AKA Human Pet Guy was an account on tumblr that was infamous for being an extremely annoying "actually, I, an intellectual" Debate Guy, but also could not stop inserting creepily detailed descriptions of his fetishes while trying to pass them off as intellectual arguments. It says a lot that nobody remembers what the original Human Pet post was arguing for or against (I've heard everything from declawing cats to kink in public discourse) but it was :nms: a hypothetical description of bringing your surgically modified sex slave on a leash to a restaurant.

I think they eventually deactivated on tumblr (and the current tumblr account is someone who scooped the username doing a bit) but it seems like they haven't changed at all.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Kit Walker posted:

ThingsYouKnowWereWrittenWhileMasturbating.txt

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

What a horrible day to have eyes.

Something Awful sees your "human pet guy" and raises you "human toilet mod/admin".

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Something Awful sees your "human pet guy" and raises you "human toilet mod/admin".

Apt name / post combo

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

mycot posted:

Cybersmith AKA Human Pet Guy was an account on tumblr that was infamous for being an extremely annoying "actually, I, an intellectual" Debate Guy, but also could not stop inserting creepily detailed descriptions of his fetishes while trying to pass them off as intellectual arguments. It says a lot that nobody remembers what the original Human Pet post was arguing for or against (I've heard everything from declawing cats to kink in public discourse) but it was :nms: a hypothetical description of bringing your surgically modified sex slave on a leash to a restaurant.

I think they eventually deactivated on tumblr (and the current tumblr account is someone who scooped the username doing a bit) but it seems like they haven't changed at all.

He's also one of the worst posters alive on Twitter

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon posted:

BTW instead of waiting for an answer, I searched the forums for “human pet guy” in quotation marks.

There are six pages of results.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Kit Walker posted:

the combination of weird sex poo poo and calling them boobies and censoring h*ck is probably like five doctoral theses for psych majors all on it's own, let alone everything else

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

i would like to know more about the human toilet mod

i don't know why, but i must follow this to the bitter end

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

tokin opposition posted:

i would like to know more about the human toilet mod

i don't know why, but i must follow this to the bitter end

There was a mod (admin? I forget, this was before my time) whose SA legacy consists of two things: being very heavily personally invested in Duke Nukem Forever, and being very heavily personally invested in the concept of using a human being as a toilet. I THINK they always tried to spin it as some edgelord joke/insult, but...

Nobody Interesting posted:

Apt name / post combo

Thank you for reminding me to play some Sam and Max this weekend. :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Is that what Podima was into?