Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
I think you're failing to account for the added performance and resale value of the stickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Lol

https://austin.craigslist.org/for/d/del-valle-aprilia-rs-660-limited-edition/7609898318.html

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shoot your shot, buddy. It won’t sell but can’t hurt to try lol

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Imagine asking 40k for a ptwin.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh I didn’t even notice that was the 660

Lol

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

It's more ridiculous because the "limited edition" is literally just a paint job. There's nothing different about it from the standard RS660. You could get the upcoming Trofeo, pay someone to paint it in stars and stripes (gross) and still have money left over to buy a standard RS660 and your backup bike.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Russian Bear posted:

Imagine asking 40k for a ptwin.

The dorks reselling KTM RC8C's

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Anyone ridden the Rebel 1100? They're starting to look cool to me, and fun/reliable, without all the bullshit that usually goes with a cruiser.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

They are a normal bike masquerading as a cruiser, up to you if you think that's good or not. I wouldn't stretch to saying they're fun but they're a Honda so yeah.

Llewellyn
Jul 26, 2010
There are resources available to you if you start to think a Honda rebel looks cool.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
While they aren’t cool, seeing an ad for the new Rebel was what prompted me to sign up for my MSF. It wasn’t that the bike was interesting, it was just the first time it registered in my brain that motorcycles aren’t all Harleys, or supersports, or dentist bikes, and by extension there are motorcyclists who aren’t biker gang cosplayers, or helmet-and-tanktop squids, or adv dentists. The rider in the ad was wearing a Bell Bullitt helmet and a normal looking jacket, which all looked friendly and relatable and made me think “Hey that looks like a fun thing I could do too”. A modern “you meet the nicest people” approach I suppose.

So while I’ll never own one, thanks for that Honda Rebel.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You realize the nicest people actually exist on a Honda

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Yeah they almost seem more like a Ujm than a cruiser. I like the minimalism

Llewellyn posted:

There are resources available to you if you start to think a Honda rebel looks cool.

Don't yuck my yum

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

We need a "you meet the ____ people on a ____" for other brands.

You meet the cheapest people on a Suzuki!

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
You meet the most people whose uncle owned a Triumph in the 70’s on a Triumph.

Llewellyn
Jul 26, 2010
You meet the most senile former triumph owners on a royal enfield

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

You meet the IT-est men on a KTM

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

You meet the most modularly helmeted people on a BMW

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

You meet the most drinking buddies on an Icebear Scooter!

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Instead of a rebel buy a vstar 1300, around here they go for like 5 grand from dealers, 3500 for private if you look hard. Or go all in and find a roadking or warrior and have 1800 cc of power. We funnily enough have strykers and raiders pop up a lot around 6 grand but lol at that, even Yamaha couldn't make that comfortable long distance.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
You meat the biggest dad's on a gold wing

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Instead of a rebel buy a vstar 1300, around here they go for like 5 grand from dealers, 3500 for private if you look hard. Or go all in and find a roadking or warrior and have 1800 cc of power. We funnily enough have strykers and raiders pop up a lot around 6 grand but lol at that, even Yamaha couldn't make that comfortable long distance.

All of these bikes are like deliberately killing your soul and replacing it with a spreadsheet

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

UCS Hellmaker posted:

You meat the biggest dad's on a gold wing

:raise:

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
$5500 stretched, lowered, carbon-dipped … Grom.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
you meet the rattiest milk crates on a klr

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

ok but what if

fake edit: for context, I've put about 5000 miles on my drz that I got two years ago and I love my lil baby and I plan to never get rid of it, but I want something that can eat up a bit of highway miles as I'm moving about two hours from where I am right now. I still want to visit friends and partners out here, but riding that buzzy beast at 60+ for two hours suuuuuuuuuuucks. please advise

real edit: odo shows ~82k in one of the pics

But Not Tonight fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Aug 15, 2023

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:bisonyes:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also, thats a first(ish) gen 1000cc, the ones that can still be made to be truly naked, I'm surprised its not $5k

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

I have a job interview on Friday nearer the area than I am right now, I might go look at it. Should I get a battery and a small gas can??

e: actually seeing a lot newer with less miles and have been serviced/run lately for around the same amount and are much closer to me. I think I might do a bit more looking but uhhhhhhhhhhhh I might join this club soon

But Not Tonight fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 15, 2023

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

imgur is throwing errors at me so I can't attach the screenshot but here's the link:
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/d/mesa-kawasaki-versys-300/7682029087.html

2017 Versys X 300 for $3500. I wasn't really looking but came across this and now have a sudden, urgent need for an around town practical commuter that can also let me cosplay on (polite) dirt roads, as a treat. Already started pricing out topcases too, this would be such a great bike to dadify to the nines

I don't want to get rid of a bike though so now I'm conflicted. Someone else should buy this assuming it checks out (low mileage tells me it's probably sat a lot and may need new tires and other wearables), or tell me it's a bad idea, as that will solve my dilemma until something else comes up. Otherwise I may have to make some room, somehow!!

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Two owners and it hasn't cracked 3k miles, clearly it's haunted. Check under the seat for blood.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

poo poo didn't think of that. Should I bring a priest if I go look at it? :iiam:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lol the tyres are gonna be fuuucked

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
https://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/d/binghamton-honda-cbr1100xx-blackbird/7678153747.html

This bike has me wanting to pull cash out. Looks incredible.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
Would

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2010-Ducati-STREETFIGHTER+1098S-5029200838

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

All that, and then that sad little tail bag.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Would send up to eric adams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP2toGilTMk

$7k seems insane. I'd expect it to fetch half that at on copart

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Big "Pauly Shore's scooter from Encino Man" energy

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I love specific parts of this but not together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Dazzle camo on actually dazzling for once, GJ 5/5