Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

I am not being a smartass by saying this, but you do know the button in the top right skips all talking?

EDIT: Oh, the event doesn't have that button there...? that's really weird

only just now remembering there is a skip button in this game and that it only works for dialog you've already seen (like if you die during a fight and it had a cutscene lead into it)

they have the technology, we all just need to channel our efforts into the feedback survey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

padijun posted:

she's a total dud, but they put her next to huohuo who is somehow worse

get out

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

lol, pom pom the newest victim of the mung bean soda

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

padijun posted:

she's a total dud, but they put her next to huohuo who is somehow worse

what the heck

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

https://x.com/honkaistarrail/status/1724809059696820269?s=20

The closest one is 40 miles away and I cant believe im gonna go

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Meowywitch posted:

I like how the map is torn apart and just doesn't even had the midwest (where I live) on it.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

Well poo poo. Around 30 miles for me and I don’t even eat meat. I wonder if my daughter could eat two meals since she’s going to want those rewards too.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Eimi posted:

I like how the map is torn apart and just doesn't even had the midwest (where I live) on it.

As a fellow Midwesterner you know that we don't exist, cmon now :colbert:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

I don't care for white women using outdated AAVE

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Technically there's one within my traveling range, but it involves driving into Philadelphia and screw that.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Meowywitch posted:

i wish the menu background was a little less bright because drat i like orange but it's a flashbang lol

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Meowywitch posted:

One of these days they'll do one of these things at a restaurant chain that's within 100 miles of me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

I am not being a smartass by saying this, but you do know the button in the top right skips all talking?

EDIT: Oh, the event doesn't have that button there...? that's really weird
barely anything in this game has that

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
it will be skippable if you've already seen it, like if you leave a mission zone that has a cutscene at the beginning

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rio posted:

Well poo poo. Around 30 miles for me and I don’t even eat meat. I wonder if my daughter could eat two meals since she’s going to want those rewards too.
it looks like they have some very basic vegetarian options, like salads and stuff. i think theres ramen without chicken in it also. and uhhh. a ton of cheeseballs.

EDIT: Oh, you have to get the specfic set meal, its not just with any item, dang.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/Mhuyo/status/1724848742124155059

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
There's a Pelicana 10 miles from me. Are the rewards just cosmetic or actually useful in-game?

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
the ghost singing in the background of the dialogue starting bailu’s event sidequest has made me so irrationally angry

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Blessed 50/50 win. I am eternally satisfied...at least, for the next 2-3 major patches. I have no interest in any of the leaked chars, and now I can skip Luocha too.

Life is good.

EDIT: holy poo poo Huo's cons are insane

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 17, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

All the supports e1s are varying degrees of completely busted.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Trip Report: Re-equipped my Topaz with Grand Duke +12s and rejiggered her crit stats a bit (so she's just over 50% CR / 121% CD) and now she shreds even more in SU.

(I think I've figured out why I haven't felt such pressure to minmax my gear -- 95% of what I do in this game is Sim U, where the blessings are efficient force multipliers in and of themselves.)

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

kirbysuperstar posted:

If you hate Gui you should leave this thread imho

I love Guinaifen and she's a fixture of my Kafka party, but I really didn't like the story event starting with an influencer dumbassedly bulldozing their way into a restricted area to do dumb poo poo.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Meowywitch posted:

I used to live loving 10 minutes from the one in Texas before moving to NC. :negative: Now the closest one is in loving Atlanta.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I’ve been conflicted about Grand Duke for Topaz and have been waiting to see math posted on it since basic attacks apparently mess up its FUA buff, and one of the things I like with her is her SP positivity. If the new set means she has to only use her skill then I’ll probably be putting off that relic set for a while. I was hoping I could use it because then I could just pass over her artifacts to Himeko (they are my best substat rolls for anyone so far). I’ve also seen some weird stuff about how you have to optimize which Numby attack gets the max buff and planning that out constantly seems like a lot of work.

I guess mainly I’ll be waiting to see if no-braining it will still lead to higher damage than 2x fire 2x musket rather than counting every hit to make sure the last hit of every Numby attack is being maximized, and how important it will be overall for her to avoid basic attacks when using the new set.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kanos posted:

I love Guinaifen and she's a fixture of my Kafka party, but I really didn't like the story event starting with an influencer dumbassedly bulldozing their way into a restricted area to do dumb poo poo.

have you never been a kid bro??? never trespassed at a graveyard at night?

remember shes like 17

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Meowywitch posted:

have you never been a kid bro??? never trespassed at a graveyard at night?

remember shes like 17

Some people really dislike seeing dumb teenagers do dumb teenager things (or young adults doing dumb teenage things as the case may be).

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i love Content, i support gui

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MotU posted:

i love Content, i support gui

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

rio posted:

I’ve been conflicted about Grand Duke for Topaz and have been waiting to see math posted on it since basic attacks apparently mess up its FUA buff, and one of the things I like with her is her SP positivity. If the new set means she has to only use her skill then I’ll probably be putting off that relic set for a while. I was hoping I could use it because then I could just pass over her artifacts to Himeko (they are my best substat rolls for anyone so far). I’ve also seen some weird stuff about how you have to optimize which Numby attack gets the max buff and planning that out constantly seems like a lot of work.

I guess mainly I’ll be waiting to see if no-braining it will still lead to higher damage than 2x fire 2x musket rather than counting every hit to make sure the last hit of every Numby attack is being maximized, and how important it will be overall for her to avoid basic attacks when using the new set.

So apparently the way it mechanically works is it resets whenever you make a follow up attack, adding atk boost as the attack stacks hits. Now this means that Numby's attack is getting a great boost and gets stronger as it goes on the last hit basically being fully boosted. For her NA it means she has no atk% boost. However, she's still getting a 20% damage boost which is pretty hefty compared to 10% dmg 12% atk. The follow up set is actually better in a lot of ways for a mixed attacker like Himeko. Triggering her talent stacks it and while she lacks the 10% fire damage boost, she's now making skill and ult hits with a bonus 48% atk.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kanos posted:

guinaifen has been cancelled on twitter, her doxx will be posted shortly

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Endorph posted:

guinaifen has been cancelled on twitter, her doxx will be posted shortly

I don't know what this is specifically referencing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think it's just a joke.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Meowywitch posted:

wish for a collab with McD Happy Meals, at least then I have a chance of actually participating in one of these

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Those who live by the milkshake duck should understand they may one day be milkshake ducked themselves.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

We regret to inform you that the ghost hunters Twitter is racist

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

The Qingque content for this event is fantastic.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Well, at least we’ve moved on from that one person being real weirdly super angry a totally normal amount of angry at Topaz being a capitalist.

Bussamove fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Nov 17, 2023

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
that was like two months ago

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

For the record I'm still angry at Luocha for being weird, lame, and creepy as hell.

Edit: and ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

like if you're just baseline using attack main stat chest and rope then i feel like you should have ~2600 at the very least by minimum, here's mine with kinda troll substats since i couldn't be arsed to continue grinding for her

e: jeez looking at those relics now they really are insanely wack. can't wait to dump some poo poo into the new set later

alright i guess this is where things lie now with 1.5 relics, p alright.i end up with like 156 speed with PAYN so I'd need to find 4 speed somewhere if I wanted to full guarantee 160, but I run her with Asta so I don't think it matters too much