Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Lol I’m calling for worst case scenario. Caruso and lavine for reeves and dlo. Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wVdh9xrqaI

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Is this another one of those white dude "hood" reporter dumbasses?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

four hours fifty-two minutes

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Coulibaly claims he's grown an inch and a half since he was drafted (now 6'8 without shoes)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

R.D. Mangles posted:

The person who got the most wrong things in the zogo poll should have to watch this and write a two page essay on it.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

A youtube video about a guy in his fifth nba season deserves, nay, needs to be as long as Sátántangó

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if miles bridges can make a comeback then ja morant sure can

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm going to watch Novecento and the Ja YouTube on two screens at once

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

pentyne posted:

is GSW extremely popular overseas? I seem to recall a Japanese tour where people were going nuts over them.

They have been the face of the league for nearly a decade and play in an area with a huge Asian population.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

R.D. Mangles posted:

it is also very funny to me that the bulls literally cannot tank and rebuild. they owe their 2025 (protected) pick to the spurs! if they trade everyone this year and load up on rookies they will absolutely be dogshit next year and won't even have a draft pick! they're totally hosed!!!!!!!!

They’re fine (incentivized even) to tank away

quote:

Chicago's 1st round pick to San Antonio protected for selections 1-10 in 2025, 1-8 in 2026 and 1-8 in 2027; if Chicago has not conveyed a 1st round pick to San Antonio by 2027, then Chicago will instead convey its 2028 2nd round pick to San Antonio

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bulls attempt to tank but end up picking 10th because they inadvertently unleash basketball superstar onrualp bitim

it'll work if they pair him in the backcourt with etaoin shrdlu

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Personally, I can’t wait to see what Davion Mitchell can do when given the reigns. The Chris Duarte reclamation project could use a jumpstart too. And I guess Caruso would be pretty good for the Kings, I dunno

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Onulrap bitim will score 30 a game until defenders counter him by tricking him into saying his name backwards

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don’t get why the Bulls don’t just chill, the East is going to open up enough for them to make a playoff run. Maybe Lonzo is back next year and the team has a deeper run next year if they can add some talent next summer when some is on the market.

Like let’s be real I also don’t trust the Bulls to have to execute on bunch of picks, either.

The Maestro posted:

Personally, I can’t wait to see what Davion Mitchell can do when given the reigns. The Chris Duarte reclamation project could use a jumpstart too. And I guess Caruso would be pretty good for the Kings, I dunno

Chris Duarte being who both the haters and lovers thought he was over the course of two seasons is really wild.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i don’t think lonzo is coming back next year

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rick posted:

I don’t get why the Bulls don’t just chill, the East is going to open up enough for them to make a playoff run. Maybe Lonzo is back next year and the team has a deeper run next year if they can add some talent next summer when some is on the market.

Like let’s be real I also don’t trust the Bulls to have to execute on bunch of picks, either.

Chris Duarte being who both the haters and lovers thought he was over the course of two seasons is really wild.

Demar is a free agent and another year older.

Vooch a year older

No spacing

Lonzo cannot be relied upon to ever play basketball again, it's a blessing he can even walk right now.

Their ceiling is a 6th seed.

That is not worth running back for the 4th straight year.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1725379976147456081

chet dont got that grown man strength quite yet

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bust.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Big butts are vital to effective post play and post defense.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Kibner posted:

Big butts are vital to effective post play and post defense.

Thunder will be hiring strength and conditioning coach Sir Mix-a-lot this offseason

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Christ you used to see this poo poo all the time up until about 10 years ago, perimeter bigs posting up a mismatch despite not knowing what the hell they were doing.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

dokmo posted:

Christ you used to see this poo poo all the time up until about 10 years ago, perimeter bigs posting up a mismatch despite not knowing what the hell they were doing.

Chris Paul is a pretty good defender though. He's kind of known for being a good defender. That, dick punches, and amazing well timed passes.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Sure but Chet botched it. He was resetting into a better position after he passed it but come on.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
nice little michael pina article about Şengün

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
It took KD like 7 years to learn how to score on Chris Paul. There’s a learning curve for the taller fellows.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Can someone remind me why the Bulls don't have their draft pick

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

Bulls have their FR draft pick this year.

Their 2025 pick because of the Demar Trade is top 10 protected, if that doesn't convey, 2026 FRP and 2027 FRP is top 8 protected. then it becomes a second.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

trevorreznik posted:

it is because their front office is bad

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Bulls lucked out with Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. The 90s were a fluke. Eventually the NBA regresses to the mean of either the Lakers or the Celtics. Maybe nowadays Miami cuz South Beach is fun.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Bulls lucked out with Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. The 90s were a fluke. Eventually the NBA regresses to the mean of either the Lakers or the Celtics. Maybe nowadays Miami cuz South Beach is fun.

Jerry Krause was actually a really good GM who was both personally very unpleasant and enabled to infuriate players by low-balling them by his cheap rear end owner.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

Jerry Krause was actually a really good GM who was both personally very unpleasant and enabled to infuriate players by low-balling them by his cheap rear end owner.

That's actually a massive fail in that his stink is so lasting still nobody wants to play for Chicago. Which is a shame because it is quite a lovely city with a lot to offer.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

And crippled by his need to feel validated for his GM decision-making.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/chrisbhaynes/status/1725536020563955815?s=46&t=nMNlxFK7ubxYb-ajBNkqVA

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
The vocal leader of the clippers

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
He’s gone by next week

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Did they finally trick him into coming up with the idea himself

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Didn’t he do the same bit with the Lakers?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Would people be down for a Mid-season tournament prediction game? I'm not doing anything for the group stages but the first round is Dec 4-5 and the semi finals and finals are 6-7 so I could put a 2-round game together with maybe a cert or small donation or something for a prize. It won't be as in depth as the playoff one but I like the idea of a lazy, kirkland-brand version which is a good mirror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Russ like has never struck me as a dude who isn't willing to go to the bench in his past few stops.

Like he's a one note player nowadays, but like he's never struck me as an rear end in a top hat teammate.

Like he went to the Bench on the Lakers and played really really well I'm sure Rick can speak to it more.