Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The best team is still xiangling+benny batter whenever it's not pyro, and xingling+fischl

People don't do it because it's boring, but the 1.0 4 stars still easy clear abyss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tampa Bae posted:

Was Ganyu clearing floor 12 without switching out in 30 seconds back in 2021?
yes

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Is she doing it now?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you want her to?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If constructs didn't take reduced damage from physical because gently caress you that's why I'd still be using Eula everywhere. Sometimes I do anyway.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tampa Bae posted:

Morgana was pretty dominant right up until Inazuma, yes. It's still not bad but they've changed so much in abyss that Venti is often pretty useless. Fontaine's favorite water fountain is the new hotness, and he's helped by some very nice-for-him blessings, so he's currently the darling. Hu Tao is still insane but she's old news. Nahida hyperbloom is even more insane but, again, not new. We unfortunately don't have the stats anymore thanks to their API changes, but Rational is likely still the #1 team and will be forever.

It's not like Liquid Judge is bad or anything - he's quite good - but he's also been designed in a very smart way that funnels those big numbers right in front of your eyes without pesky things like moving around or elemental reactions. That's an immediate thing that comes across without needing math like some nerd and clipping his charge attacks works well in video. Ganyu's bow charge wasn't even what made her part of a busted good team, but it used the exact same trick.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ganyu still owns and will continue to own, sorry i don't make the rules

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Hyperbloom is still more damage than C0 neuv no matter what you run him in. I guess he is best solo character but... its a team game.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Neuv also has the benefit of a kit that feels like it was designed to just, be played as it is. What's he want for gear? The set from his regional domain, with some HP and crit stats. Great, sick, easy enough by artifact standards at least. What's he want for team comp? Elements to react to, in a game where that's the entire gimmick behind most team comps. Neat. His own mechanics are enough of a self-contained system at c0 that you don't need a constellation or a dedicated healer to make him not feel like poo poo (hi Wrio), his element's reactions are good enough you don't need to pick between 1 or 2 comps of "your best elemental shred with your best healer and your best interrupt resistance" (hi Wrio) or chain him to a custom-built 4* that exists solely to make him feel competitive (hi Wanderer, hi Itto, hi a significant number of 5*).

He just straightforwardly gives you a main DPS character, with no restrictions that any other one doesn't already face, and a few that some do, removed or minimized. He's a Just Fun Character With Good Mechanics and I wish more characters would be built like that, without starting out with glaring flaws they expect you to go for a c1 or c2 to patch over (Wrio's hp-negative default combo, Itto's energy issues)

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I just noticed that the leveling costs for the Statues of the Seven in Fontaine follow the exact same pattern as Sumeru, which means we can predict exactly how many more Hydroculi they have left to add: 55. This happens to be the same as the number of Dendroculi that were added with the second desert area in 3.4. The Fontaine plateau also only has room for one more expansion: the west side of the big mountain in the north. (Next to the subzone conspicuously named "Mont Esus East".) Based on that, I think it's practically certain that 4.x will include a new zone outside Fontaine proper, with a Chasm/Dragonspine-style non-oculus collectible.

Given that 2.4 and 3.4 both included new zones, and 4.4 is strongly suspected to include a new Liyue character for Lantern Rite, you might speculate that they'll expand Liyue in 4.4, joining Qingce Village up with the newly-added Lumidouce Harbour from 4.2, neatly providing somewhere to put a new local specialty, and even letting them set the next Dainsleif chapter right beneath Celestia if they want.

That would clearly make too much sense. Instead we'll get Mont Esus, and go to Qiaoying Village 4.6, when it's much less relevant.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
We need a new Monstadt region so I can finally R5 Otherworldly Story.

It's the only chest weapon I didn't have enough of to R5 when locking was added.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It'll be cool when a new person can explore the complete* world from the off

*minus japan

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

UHD posted:

if losing your gnosis can get you in trouble with celestia what does it say about celestia if four archons can casually get rid of theirs without a shred of fear

paimon is busy

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

FractalSandwich posted:

Given that 2.4 and 3.4 both included new zones, and 4.4 is strongly suspected to include a new Liyue character for Lantern Rite, you might speculate that they'll expand Liyue in 4.4, joining Qingce Village up with the newly-added Lumidouce Harbour from 4.2, neatly providing somewhere to put a new local specialty, and even letting them set the next Dainsleif chapter right beneath Celestia if they want.

That would clearly make too much sense. Instead we'll get Mont Esus, and go to Qiaoying Village 4.6, when it's much less relevant.
They wouldn't put Hydroculi in a region outside Fontaine though, would they? I guess if there were islands in between Fontaine and Liyue's coastline that counted as being part of Fontaine, maybe. I'd assume Chenyu Vale or whatever would have its own separate regional collectible like the Chasm and Dragonspine, since there'd be no point in putting more Geoculi there.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Nakar posted:

They wouldn't put Hydroculi in a region outside Fontaine though, would they? I guess if there were islands in between Fontaine and Liyue's coastline that counted as being part of Fontaine, maybe. I'd assume Chenyu Vale or whatever would have its own separate regional collectible like the Chasm and Dragonspine, since there'd be no point in putting more Geoculi there.
If they add a new Liyue zone in 4.4, I expect they'd use something else instead of oculi and save them for the last Fontaine zone around 4.6, yeah.

It would be the first time they've added a unique collectible before the current region has all its oculi, which is one reason to think they might fill out Fontaine before going anywhere else.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Well, my 5* luck turned. 76 pulls losing the 50/50 to Mona, which is the worst pull for me, followed by 85(!) for Furina.

At least the 4* luck turned with it, got C6 Charlotte with those 181 pulls.

Emptied out all the 4.2 content along the way, and I have to say it's my favourite version update by far. Great and weird quests of all kinds, interesting exploringy stuff, even enjoyed the misty dungeon quite a bit. 10/10 would 100% again.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Tampa Bae posted:

You can find people doing the same stuff as that Hu Tao video with Diluc of all characters.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The game is not ever difficult enough to make any character a "Must Pull". People have been showing off with low power characters since the beginning of the game. The main big difference is in the time & effort required to get to that point. Someone like Hu Tao, Ganyu, or Neuvilette require was less farming and optimizing to make big numbers than someone like Diluc.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Valleyant posted:

paimon is busy

busy eating all my goddamn food

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The game is not ever difficult enough to make any character a "Must Pull". People have been showing off with low power characters since the beginning of the game. The main big difference is in the time & effort required to get to that point. Someone like Hu Tao, Ganyu, or Neuvilette require was less farming and optimizing to make big numbers than someone like Diluc.

Not to mention these are teams doing insane poo poo like using other limited 5* DPS as reaction supports. If the Ayaka C2 is actually required then lmao.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

haypliss posted:

Not to mention these are teams doing insane poo poo like using other limited 5* DPS as reaction supports. If the Ayaka C2 is actually required then lmao.
Ayaka C2? You need C4 for that def reduction.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Meowywitch posted:

It'll be cool when a new person can explore the complete* world from the off

*minus japan

I started playing in 2.8, and it was a blast seeing how big Mondstadt felt, and then Liyue opened up... wandering into the Chasm just randomly exploring was a big :aaaaa: moment, and I didn't even realize how new an addition it was at that point.

I also noped right out after getting the statue, because I thought it was going to be as punishing as Dragonspire.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

No Wave posted:

Ayaka C2? You need C4 for that def reduction.

5 pities for that, huh.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Is this event just straight up espousing the benefits of a surveillance state and facial recognition technology.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Furina's story quest was neat. Was hoping that She would get her Vision earlier and we could see what inspired that type of fighting style for her normal attacks but oh well.

RareAcumen posted:

90 already. Here's everyone I use for hyperbloom generally.

Anything here that needs changing or improving, since I've already got it posted? I just swapped Xingqiu off that EM hourglass to an ATK one, I don't know why he had that on.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Trying to remember an old Genshin community scandal -- which character was it where their original model/texture files were lost and people pitched a fit about it? I think it was early on in Sumeru but I'm not 100% certain.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Is there a list of characters I should 90

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

anyone who scales off hp, anemo characters, dendro characters, electro characters who are going to trigger hyperbloom

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

Everyone you regularly use but especially healers, shielders, dendro and anemo characters.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

RareAcumen posted:

Everyone you regularly use but especially healers, shielders, dendro and anemo characters.

yeah this

any form of predictable, non-RNG character power, no matter how marginal, should be pursued before you spend a single resin on artifact substats

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
I see Genshin has moved on from "Marxism for Kids" to "Machine Learning for Kids" in terms of quest plotlines. Did not expect GNNs to come up in this game hahaha.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Is this event just straight up espousing the benefits of a surveillance state and facial recognition technology.
Teaching cop robots to slaughter seals.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Meowywitch posted:

Tier SSS: Kuki raiden cyno (hyperbloom)

Tier S: Nilou

Tier AAA: Furina

Tier AA: Fischl yae tighnari spread

Tier A: Yelan Baizhu Albedo

There are others and some complication on who triggers in nilou comps but you can get started with those.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

No Wave posted:

Tier SSS: Kuki raiden cyno (hyperbloom)

Tier S: Nilou

Tier AAA: Furina

Tier AA: Fischl yae tighnari spread

Tier A: Yelan Baizhu Albedo

There are others and some complication on who triggers in nilou comps but you can get started with those.

Tier SSS: Sucrose (driver), Nahida
Tier S: Keqing, Alhaitham
Tier A: Anyone who relies on Swirl, Quicken, or triggering Hyperbloom to deal damage.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

UHD posted:

busy eating all my goddamn food

:argh:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Captain France posted:

Tier SSS: Sucrose (driver), Nahida
Tier S: Keqing, Alhaitham
Tier A: Anyone who relies on Swirl, Quicken, or triggering Hyperbloom to deal damage.
Sucrose doesnt deal damage and dendro trigger nilou nahida doesnt actually work its always the hydros triggering.

For the record the only characters I really strongly encourage upgrades for are EM raiden/EM kuki everything else pales in comparison.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 17, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

This new event is actually a huge pain in the rear end.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kale posted:

This new event is actually a huge pain in the rear end.
It is, but for today do oceanid. Every bird that spawns is a new photo.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

No Wave posted:

Sucrose doesnt deal damage and dendro trigger nilou nahida doesnt actually work its always the hydros triggering.

Sucrose absolutely deals swirl damage in both Taser and National variants and I'm pretty sure Nahida gets Spreads even when she's not driving although actually I'm not so sure on that.

Unless at some point this went from "who wants 90" to "who wants 90, Niloubloom and Hyperbloom specific."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

No Wave posted:

It is, but for today do oceanid. Every bird that spawns is a new photo.

Stormterror didn't work.

I actually enjoyed hunting different things down.