Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Kwolok posted:

I'm interested in picking up an Xbox series 2 elite core controller, but I've heard a lot about quality issues, specifically with the buttons. Is this still the case?

Despite Microsoft saying something about “re-engineered parts” when the Core was released, teardowns have shown that all the internal components are exactly the same. The only difference is the white shell and lack of attachments (and you need to at least buy some paddles to make it worth using IMO).

Personally I haven’t had any of the bumper or face button issues others have had, but my thumb sticks keep developing stick drift/centering problems. I’m currently awaiting my second replacement and crossing my fingers that it works. The Elite Series 2 is my favorite controller I’ve ever used, but if it fails again I’d rather try a SCUF Instinct than roll the dice some more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1725546331954163836?s=20

Thanks Phil

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

owns

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh gently caress me, it's so tacky that it makes me want it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

As a Bluey Adult I'm thrilled about this

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I totally unironically want that controller.
I’ve spent the last decade getting my kids from infancy to functionality and Bluey is 10,000,000x better than loving Caillou that my (now 11-year old) oldest and even Paw Patrol (now 8-year-old) youngest loved as little ones.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

As a Bluey Adult I'm thrilled about this

:hfive: my kids named a new dog Rusty after Bluey's friend and I was all for it :lol:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Bluey Owns, Xbox Owns.

I do wish a little more thought went into the controller but whatevs.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

BonoMan posted:

Bluey Owns, Xbox Owns.

I do wish a little more thought went into the controller but whatevs.

Yeah they could totally have it be a character's face like Bingo or something.

D-pad and right stick being eye pupils like she's going crosseyed looking at a little bug in the middle bottom. Come on phil!!!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

finally an excuse to upgrade from my series s

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There's a decent number of contest XSX. Whoever is trying to collect all the variants is going to have a time with all the short run exclusives.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Epic

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Snacksmaniac posted:

There's a decent number of contest XSX. Whoever is trying to collect all the variants is going to have a time with all the short run exclusives.

I'm still mad the TMNT controllers were only for a contest. I would have paid good money for one of those stupid things.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

joylessdivision posted:

I'm still mad the TMNT controllers were only for a contest. I would have paid good money for one of those stupid things.

I have to wonder how long they smell like pizza and if that smell morphs into something else lol

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Kwolok posted:

I'm interested in picking up an Xbox series 2 elite core controller, but I've heard a lot about quality issues, specifically with the buttons. Is this still the case?

:hai:

Mine has been 100% fine, I’ve got the halo one

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

What is Bluey, am I out of touch again?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
A cartoon for adults who have kids

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

John F Bennett posted:

Australian children’s show that broke out internationally because it’s enjoyable for parents too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

It's a children's cartoon show. (Like legitimately a cartoon show for small children, ala Cailou or Arthur or whatever.) I've never seen it but it appears to win the coveted award of "a show for small children that doesn't make parents want to loving die" so it is largely beloved.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Thanks, now I am with it again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

someone in work told me to watch it and I told her that no I’m a grown man lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Yeah it is not something I would watch without my child, but it is a blessed break from 95% of children’s programming

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Bluey is good.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ImpAtom posted:

It's a children's cartoon show. (Like legitimately a cartoon show for small children, ala Cailou or Arthur or whatever.) I've never seen it but it appears to win the coveted award of "a show for small children that doesn't make parents want to loving die" so it is largely beloved.

But it's not just "tolerable" for adults. It's *really good* and strikes a really strong chord of authenticity for the parents and the jokes land exceptionally well. That's why parent's like it so much. The adults will cry more than the kids every time.

And the two kids acting is exceptionally well done (also the identities of the kids are kept secret to protect their privacy and allow them to be kids).

If anyone ever does check it out, definitely try to watch it on D+ or something that's not network TV. Each episode is 7 minutes long and the ending "cut to credits" beat is meticulously crafted and hits just right. But network TV CHOPS IT OFF (or alters it somehow to speed up moving to another episode which ruins the effect).

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Am I missing anything if I never played a dragon age game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

External Organs posted:

So this is going to sound lol but honestly if you want to play a Dragon Age game just wait for BG3, which does everything the best DA games do but miles better.

DA:O is the best of the lot and it's like fine if you like Bioware games but the big thing it had going for it was that it was the closest to a Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale style game out for a long time.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

External Organs posted:

No

If you need a dragon rpg game, try Dragon’s Dogma

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

John F Bennett posted:

There's an Odd1sOut video on Bluey which was hilarious. As a parent I could 100% relate.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Speaking of Australian children's entertainment, The Wiggles are also highly recommended.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

tango alpha delta posted:

Speaking of Australian children's entertainment, The Wiggles are also highly recommended.
Seeing them on their first US tour with my tiny child was a blast and one of my top -10 concert experiences. They were still moving their own gear and were kinda sarcastic on stage. Later when they got HUGE they (necessarily) started taking their roles very seriously.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ImpAtom posted:

DA:O is the best of the lot and it's like fine if you like Bioware games but the big thing it had going for it was that it was the closest to a Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale style game out for a long time.

DA: O is also a much better game on PC, unfortunately. In a just world they'd have brought the PC version to Bone as a remaster, but that didn't happen.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

ImpAtom posted:

So this is going to sound lol but honestly if you want to play a Dragon Age game just wait for BG3, which does everything the best DA games do but miles better.

Good post, this tracks. Thanks!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

This is how you do a trailer :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SflsUI2-Qm0

Guess I've found my next purchase! Game looks awesome, has anyone tried it yet?

edit: just read that it has no invert Y option, which makes it unplayable until they fix this. Pretty lazy.
edit 2: Bought Hogwarts Legacy instead.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Nov 18, 2023

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

John F Bennett posted:

edit: just read that it has no invert Y option, which makes it unplayable until they fix this. Pretty lazy.

Can’t you adjust system wide controls through settings? You definitely can if you have an elite controller, surely that works for normal controllers too?

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

John F Bennett posted:

Teardown is pretty good, and really good if they can somehow port the mods over.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

John F Bennett posted:

Really enjoyed this game but it made me ill shortly after starting it every time and I never could get it resolved. Refunded it within 2hrs because it took me a while to even play that much. No game since has been that bad, and I still have no idea why.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Teardown seems great with mod support not sure if a Console version will be as cool

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1725901137109500219

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

John F Bennett posted:

I'm hoping Hogwarts Legacy comes to game pass so I can do a 12-hour stream where I bitch about Deathly Hollows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Lammasu posted:

I'm hoping Hogwarts Legacy comes to game pass so I can do a 12-hour stream where I bitch about Deathly Hollows.

So 1:1 with the length of the movies?

I remember going to the movie at the midnight release and they had gone into a cave and then I woke up and the movie was ending and I was like “oh what the gently caress”. Too old for 2+ hour midnight movies.

otter fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 18, 2023