Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Liz Kendall should be treated to those Ron Perlman words regarding the studio management.

By which I mean burn them from their loving homes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I'm convinced that LeftyStats is just low-effort satire, but it's so low-effort that I'm not so sure who's the intended audience

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

In this case I think LeftieStats is more just doubling down on a reading error, since they cite this

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1725538302483218721

which is clearly a position she held prior to this latest announcement.

That said, Liz Kendall is part of the arch-Blairite faction and a right-wing ghoul, so acting like this poor innocent do-gooder is being slandered reeks of shy-toryism to me.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Just swinging by

Labour and Tories are loving cunts.

As you were

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I like the cut of your jib, feel free to keep on posting.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Liz Kendall has been clear about who she is from her time getting only 4.5% in the leadership campaign. She's scum. Her entire faction are scum. The only redeeming quality her faction has is that they're too uncreative to think up whatever cruelty the Tories conjure up but that's only too quickly lost when they decide the path forward is to one up them.

New Labour are scum. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That makes it sound like I'm the bouncer or something, which I'm rotund enough to be, but not strong enough to perform that duty.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
fuckin hell

literally work or die policy from both parties

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Tesseraction posted:

That said, Liz Kendall is part of the arch-Blairite faction and a right-wing ghoul, so acting like this poor innocent do-gooder is being slandered reeks of shy-toryism to me.

Who did this?

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
possibly at me but liz kendall does suck a tremendous amount of poo poo, that is inarguable

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

also microplastics although I was being more hyperbolic than actually accusing them of stanning miss mental

have an interesting look into pre-education times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4TICZ67Ws4

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Now thanks to compulsory education people can go on bitchute and claim that the Pope is in league with the Jews to move the sun further away.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

the Pope is in league with the Jews to move the sun further away.

THE BASTARD

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well obviously he's moving it further away, it allows him to be more woke.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Guavanaut posted:

the Pope is in league with the Jews to move the sun further away.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Guavanaut posted:

Now thanks to compulsory education people can go on bitchute and claim that the Pope is in league with the Jews to move the sun further away.

i’ve started noticing profiles of american conservative catholics say things like the pope isn’t the seat of true catholicism (because he too woke)

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

That makes it sound like I'm the bouncer or something, which I'm rotund enough to be, but not strong enough to perform that duty.

Peeping through door hatch: I’m hee-ah ta see the boss. You know, ‘The Owl’.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Being fair, American "Christianity" has been primarily protestant and the shift towards Catholicism was mostly an attempt to RETVRN when the Catholic Church was still turbo-regressive compared to American shifting values.

All in all when discussing American "Christianity" it's best to take it as separate from the real Christian faith. Which, while flawed, at least occasionally has people who live Iesyu's teachings.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

You just reminded me of the one guy that I sometimes work with that believes spending large amounts of time exposed to the sun will make you gay.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Ol' Bobby Owl Fancier *flicks cigarette into gutter* where'd he gedda name like that anyhows

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

bessantj posted:

You just reminded me of the one guy that I sometimes work with that believes spending large amounts of time exposed to the sun will make you gay.

brave of you to admit to being a lib dem

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jakabite posted:

Peeping through door hatch: I’m hee-ah ta see the boss. You know, ‘The Owl’.

Sorry bud but The Owl is out tonight, he's huntin' the, ya know, "Mice" so to speak, we only got the Gauvan--

"Oh no no, sorry to bother you, I didn't meant to bother The Maestro, I'll come back another day. Please don't bother him, don't let him know I was here. I'll not touch a monster munch for a week I promise!"

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

mediaphage posted:

i’ve started noticing profiles of american conservative catholics say things like the pope isn’t the seat of true catholicism (because he too woke)

hmm, wonder what could have caused this

https://apnews.com/article/pope-tyler-bishop-strickland-removed-0f9f0be7d5938b36d6e7ead8c33e5150

quote:

ROME (AP) — Pope Francis on Saturday ordered the removal of the bishop of Tyler, Texas, a conservative prelate active on social media who has been a fierce critic of the pontiff and has come to symbolize the polarization within the U.S. Catholic hierarchy.

A one-line statement from the Vatican said Francis had “relieved” Bishop Joseph Strickland of the pastoral governance of Tyler and appointed the bishop of Austin as the temporary administrator.

Strickland, 65, has emerged as a leading critic of Francis, accusing him in a tweet earlier this year of “undermining the deposit of faith.” He has been particularly critical of Francis’ recent meeting on the future of the Catholic Church during which hot-button issues were discussed, including ways to better welcome LGBTQ+ Catholics.

quote:

His firing sparked an immediate outcry among some conservatives and traditionalists who had held up Strickland as a leading point of Catholic reference to counter Francis’ progressive reforms. Michael J. Matt, editor of the traditionalist newspaper The Remnant, wrote that with the firing, Francis was “actively trying to bury fidelity to the Church of Jesus Christ.”

“This is total war,” Matt wrote on X, formerly Twitter. “Francis is a clear and present danger not only to Catholics the world over but also to the whole world itself.”

quote:

The Vatican asked Strickland to resign Thursday, but he declined, prompting Francis to remove him from office two days later, DiNardo’s statement said.

oh yeah

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

u could say that Texan was kicked in di nardos

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

gently caress me. The pope's gone fuckin woke

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Open up chump, I’ve got a special delivery of quality street chocolate orange crunch bar!!!

(it’s good)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also Jews weren't even allowed to sit in Parliament until 1858, so who was really better educated, the person in the public who doesn't have a clue what the difference between Jews and Christians is, or the person in office who has rote memorized a bunch of first century verses as reasons to be a oval office about it?

bessantj posted:

:sun:

The Pope and George Soros have put a giant gay fusion reactor in space to turn all the frogs gay. This is why leaving the oceans for land was a bad idea.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Nuclear Spoon posted:

brave of you to admit to being a lib dem

I laughed thinking he was joking but he really thought that too much time in the sun made you gay, something to do with ultra violet light. He did try explaining it to me but I couldn't hear him over the white noise in my ears.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Also Jews weren't even allowed to sit in Parliament until 1858, so who was really better educated, the person in the public who doesn't have a clue what the difference between Jews and Christians is, or the person in office who has rote memorized a bunch of first century verses as reasons to be a oval office about it?

By the current government and government in waiting that ye olde "better educated" is the right answer. :eng99:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

bessantj posted:

I couldn't hear him over the white noise in my ears.

that was him talking tho?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

bessantj posted:

I laughed thinking he was joking but he really thought that too much time in the sun made you gay, something to do with ultra violet light. He did try explaining it to me but I couldn't hear him over the white noise in my ears.

Stands to reason dunnit. Violet's basically pink.
And all light has to do is hang around gravity and it goes bent. Don't like it, there's the dark

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Wachter posted:

gently caress me. The pope's gone fuckin woke

Wanking off old men instead of pre-teens is “woke” now is it?

quote:

A one-line statement from the Vatican said Francis had “relieved” Bishop Joseph Strickland

Bloody political correctness gone mad is what it is.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

that was him talking tho?

I think at some point my brain just stopped processing language.

Wachter posted:

Stands to reason dunnit. Violet's basically pink.
And all light has to do is hang around gravity and it goes bent. Don't like it, there's the dark

He did mostly work on night shifts because of this. A roaring pasty white heterosexual.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Being fair, American "Christianity" has been primarily protestant and the shift towards Catholicism was mostly an attempt to RETVRN when the Catholic Church was still turbo-regressive compared to American shifting values.

All in all when discussing American "Christianity" it's best to take it as separate from the real Christian faith. Which, while flawed, at least occasionally has people who live Iesyu's teachings.

agree to disagree here, they’re part and parcel of christianity if a more extreme sect of it and using scare quotes is just an ad hoc rescue

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

bessantj posted:

He did mostly work on night shifts because of this. A roaring pasty white heterosexual.
So do people get more gay in summer and less in winter? There should be at least an observable difference between countries with long annual hours of sunlight and those without.

Morocco - super gay, Scotland - extremely straight??

Is there an observable difference between Inverness and Kent?

Or does he also think that the scientific method was invented by gay popes?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

So do people get more gay in summer and less in winter? There should be at least an observable difference between countries with long annual hours of sunlight and those without.

well even the straights are gayer in spain so it fits

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Guavanaut posted:

Scotland is pretty gay tbh

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

All only stands to reason, bright gay territories v cold, bleak super straight regions.

He was also a flat Earther so had no respect for the scientific method. Also divorced and didn't see his kids often, don't know if these things are related.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

keep punching joe posted:

Scotland is pretty gay tbh

all those men and their plaid skirts smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mediaphage posted:

agree to disagree here, they’re part and parcel of christianity if a more extreme sect of it and using scare quotes is just an ad hoc rescue

I'm an atheist who thinks that Christian morality as described in the New Testament is worth adhering to, while believing that the worship of a God is not really conducive to that

I am not using the quotation marks to excuse religious people; I'm using it specifically to decry them