Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

sugar free jazz posted:

this video is 42 minutes long

Concerning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Yeah, it's upsetting when people weaponize words antisemitism by doing things like *checks notes* getting shocked when the world's richest man agrees with a pretty explicit pro-Nazi account and series of tweets.

:rolleyes: It's because these organizations (that actively monitor online hate speech) are run by evil left wokeists!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

he's gonna say the gamer word next

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
does birdsite streaming work yet? does moose have a twitch killer?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"antisemitism" definitely sometimes gets applied too broadly e.g. if someoe criticizes Israeli policies as an attempt to shut down the discussion.

But that's definitely what these assholes have in mind lol.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kazil posted:

Yeah he's locked himself in his office lmao

working hard thank you

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
I will say that it's actually genuinely surprising to see this getting such widespread coverage in major news outlets. Also frustrating considering all the heinous poo poo he's boosted and said that seemed to have gotten unnoticed, but seeing his face across multiple news sites with headlines talking about his recent remarks is something, at least.

Meanwhile....Musk didn't need to do this. He didn't need to do any of this. He had more money than God and could have hosed off anywhere, but it's frankly amazing how the obscene wealth is just never enough. He just had to overpay for Twitter and make himself the permanent main character.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 17, 2023

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

lol they confirmed the Cybertruck "launch" is going to be 10 cars, probably given to employees

https://electrek.co/2023/11/17/tesla-deliver-only-10-cybertrucks-delivery-event-exec/

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MunchE posted:

lol they confirmed the Cybertruck "launch" is going to be 10 cars, probably given to employees

https://electrek.co/2023/11/17/tesla-deliver-only-10-cybertrucks-delivery-event-exec/

I wonder what kind of waivers the employees will need to sign

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

kazil posted:

Are you loving kidding me. Does this man just have a handful of doritos in place of a brain or something

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Anybody empty quoting that should also eat a probation, don't fuckin use ableist slurs, this is the lowest loving bar.

:agreed:

Using a slur "ironically" is still using a slur

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Will they explode and create a giant crater in a Texas beach?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Data Graham posted:

Nobody ask these companies who are NOW suddenly rushing to pull advertising why they didn't pull advertising last time when he reinstated the CSAM guy or when he got rid of verification or any of the previous times that would have been opportune

That's because all corporations are lead by childfuckers. Yes, even that one you like. ESPECIALLY that one you like.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Unclear ones are OK though!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MunchE posted:

Did they have to put $100 down too

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

what a piece of poo poo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Our calls for violence have been extremely clear," said Yaccarino

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonna decolonize his soul

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Smart move, if you make Zionism mandatory out of nowhere, it will retroactively erase all your comments praising Hitler. It's a foolproof maneuver

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Disney's bailing.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/...%5Es1_&ref_url=

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

kazil posted:

just keep doubling down

elon is so upset by the media making nazi and white supremacist meaningless that hes gonna do his best to make them mean something again

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

so that's what? McDonalds, Microsoft and NFL left?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Elon just wants everyone to know he hates both Palestinians and Jews, in case that wasn’t clear.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

kazil posted:

so that's what? McDonalds, Microsoft and NFL left?

For now, maybe, but make sure to check back in an hour.

Also,

It is genuinely really, really, really impressive just how much he simply doesn't understand the concept of shutting the hell up for even just a little bit. He could simply not post, yet this thought never seems to occur to him.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 18, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

IBroughttheFunk posted:

It is genuinely really, really, really impressive just how much he simply doesn't understand the concept of shutting the hell up for even just a little bit. He could simply not post, yet this thought never seems to occur to him.

His mom told him he doesn't have to

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Muddy those waters, Elon. The sad thing is that a lot of news outlets probably will bothsides this as "antisemitism from the right and the left" because that's what corporate news does .

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

kazil posted:

just keep doubling down

they're never going to realize that we've seen the Good Minorities / Bad Minorities playbook many, many, many times before, will they?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Circle Nine posted:

i think the only reason big companies are still on x, the everything app, is brand image protection. sure you can say we're not going to be on x, the everything app, anymore but then elon is gonna auction off your handle to the highest bidder who will inevitably be someone combating the Woke Mind Virus and then cause a whole ruckus for you.

There's that and inertia, but another factor is that it (along with Discord) replaced community forums for contact. All those stories of people reaching out to the company on Twitter for technical or procedural issues. Threads is phone-only, Bluesky isn't public access yet ("I have to talk to a company rep, let me find someone with a code" doesn't work), Mastodon isn't nearly as scary as it looks but it looks scary.

Twitter was a terrible option for doing that sort of thing even before The Troubles, but it was the option people went to.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I want to clarify the following statement by saying that I hate the way in which the right has been backed into an ideological corner on this because it breeds dangerous people, politicians, and circumstances:

I loving love that they cannot put down one ideological crusade for five loving seconds while trying to advance their position on another

"Hey hell yeah, we're gonna see the Rapture and my final vindication in my lifetime, also, haven't you noticed how (((those people)))...."

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 18, 2023

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

the ADL loving sucks

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
once again oldman complaining about the blackhole of infomation / darknet that discord is.

no longer can you searchengine trouble shooting solutions and find recent or ancient forum posts.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

kazil posted:

the ADL loving sucks

They’ve been evil since the 90s. If anyone has even a slightly positive thought to spare on the ADL, look up their position and who they collaborated with around apartheid South Africa.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1725656810449772662?s=46&t=HcndB4PE9m4tuLbKq5nReg

Elon and Linda are freaking the gently caress out about the advertisers leaving lmao

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Reminds me of the time the ADL got shamed out of taking money from Kyrie Irving after his meltdown

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

kazil posted:

the ADL loving sucks

what sucks is he's technically able to back this claim up because there are material examples of the idiom being used to quite clearly insinuate that someone somewhere wanted to purge Israel, but by that logic I am able to call the American flag a hate symbol because I can point very clearly to a couple of insane loons who wielded it as a shield while planning or conducting mass shootings

gone is the era, apparently, where proportion and sane perspective matters

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Nairbo posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1725656810449772662?s=46&t=HcndB4PE9m4tuLbKq5nReg

Elon and Linda are freaking the gently caress out about the advertisers leaving lmao

okay phew I'm glad he's banning the entire federal Republican caucus

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Nairbo posted:

It’s ok guys, he’s not actually in favor of genocide, just hard line politics involving immigrants, especially those who don’t behave in line with extremist definitions of “Western” culture. Totally different! It’s a very obvious distinction!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Some engineer in the back just explained to Elon that genocide is actually woke