Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Patch notes said unyielding takes less explosive damage, does the boltor count as an explosive weapon and do reapers/bosses take less damage?

Also does the rumbler still 1 shot reapers with an adhesive grenade to the noggin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Potato Salad posted:

Speaking of Og shield, is there a good way to combine Knife and Shield as a build? I'm still starting out.

Nope, in the tide games the shield + weapon is combined and for the Ogryn right now it's just club and shield.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

ZeusCannon posted:

Quickplay is a nightmare atm. Its going so bad im about to put the scoreboard mod in just to check its not me somehow making an albatross build

It's v frustrating. I'm leveling a zealot and did not want to queue for heresy until I was 15 or so and no damnation til max, but Jesus. The people in Malice are all controller players who refuse to ever take out their melee. It's not even their fault they don't know how to play, they're new and the game needs to do a lot more to teach you what the fundamentals even are. I know there are lots of very skilled players here but i can't solo carry even on Malice and it sucks to keep losing. I really miss seeing players who at least stick close and do a 360 scan every once in awhile

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Internet Explorer posted:

Nope, in the tide games the shield + weapon is combined and for the Ogryn right now it's just club and shield.

Darn it. I need to figure out how to make shields WORK, then. The control I have with one is incredible, I just need to be more helpful clearing hordes

or should I be bonking heavies, hmmmmm

Fake edit: I feel very much like I did before developing a good game sense in DRG. I just need to wait for it to develop naturally.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Pharmaskittle posted:

Top right is a little button you can click to save presets of your talents, loadout, and cosmetics. Right click to change the icon or delete one

holy poo poo :chanpop: thank you

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Grab toughness and bleeds on heavy hits, spam heavy hits, if you want to be fancy block cancel after the first heavy to repeat the first heavy head-level slams.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

big cummers ONLY posted:

It's v frustrating. I'm leveling a zealot and did not want to queue for heresy until I was 15 or so and no damnation til max, but Jesus. The people in Malice are all controller players who refuse to ever take out their melee. It's not even their fault they don't know how to play, they're new and the game needs to do a lot more to teach you what the fundamentals even are. I know there are lots of very skilled players here but i can't solo carry even on Malice and it sucks to keep losing. I really miss seeing players who at least stick close and do a 360 scan every once in awhile

Literally every single difficulty is nightmarish for me atm. I stay in coherency and i feel like I'm helping but inevitably its me and whomever I randomly chose to pair with while the other two wander off into the unknown to get downed by specials.

Im gonna have to take a break because the only constant variable is me and while i dont think im bad i havent actually completed a mission today.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The PC pubs I encounter on difficulty 5 are as quality as ever, but the spawns feel kinda out of control right now and it feels like it takes at least three people bringing their A game to get by, more than one weak link (i.e. controller player) and it falls apart. 5 is still doable but it feels overly unchill compared to before, not enough breathing room in the pacing

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Probably a mix of increased difficulty + nerfing what was popular, making people experiment with unfamiliar things while dealing with a dozen ragers mixed in a horde and some trying their nerfed weapons just to find out how much they are garbage now (rip surge staff please fix fatshark my friends heart is broken about this)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I will be taking boxes of grenades for my Ogryn at the moment because they seem the most well rounded for oh poo poo moments.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
The mission dialogue in the carnival when morrow hacks into the traitor comms is absolute genius. Incresingly frustrated boss on the radio trying to work out what's happening as his subordinates get slaughtered is an all time classic.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I think DT is fundamentally hostile to how a lot other games train you to play games. Similar games are,essentially, shooters and melee is a garbage panic option for when you run out of ammo. Now this isn't Vermintide where ranged is almost exclusively for hard targets, but it's a hell of alot closer to that than most games. The game has a tutorial but it needs to really emphasize that melee is the way to go. Like I wouldn't mind if the game straight up didn't give you a ranged weapon until level 2 or 3 just to drive the point home.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Vagabong posted:

The mission dialogue in the carnival when morrow hacks into the traitor comms is absolute genius. Incresingly frustrated boss on the radio trying to work out what's happening as his subordinates get slaughtered is an all time classic.

WHY AREN'T THEY DEAD

Sir it's the carnival...our troops are drunk or worse......

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Squad leaders are reporting at least fifty loyalists holed up in the amphitheater! :smugdog:

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I should really do a bot run in Sedition to check the map out, I want to find out if there are more interactive things like the bell at the end of the bridge to monkey about with. It's such a big rabbit warren and you're always under pressure in Damnation that I'm pretty sure there are a few shops and alleyways for me to explore. And the soundtrack rocks. It's a bit of a slog though. The room that you have pull the cypher ident is where I think most of my games have failed, it's very easy for the squad to get split up as you're being bullied by waves of Ragers and stealthy Crushers.

If you're just hitting quick play you're going to hit Carnival a lot, as it's always 1 of the three map options at every difficulty - so if it's getting on your nerves you'll have to forgo the quick play bonuses and pick a different map.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

Pharmaskittle posted:

Top right is a little button you can click to save presets of your talents, loadout, and cosmetics. Right click to change the icon or delete one

this changes everything. wow

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

megane posted:

Squad leaders are reporting at least fifty loyalists holed up in the amphitheater! :smugdog:

Loved that line lol

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

megane posted:

YOU IDIOTS!! *clearly aware he's being lied too*

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Has anyone noticed if something happened to the Eviscerator rev attack? Feels like its doing a LOT less damage now.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
It is really weird being grouped with someone who is clearly very skilled at certain parts of the game (flawlessly going from melee to shooting elites with a revolver mid slide, being able to rescue the rest of us when we ended up going down) who keeps running off away from the rest of the group and losing coherency.

He complained after we lost that the rest of us weren't good enough for damnation, but it was my first loss of the day and staying near him was nearly impossible.

Why do people go off on their own if they aren't good enough to actually solo?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
really does feel like vet is stretched for skill points, ive been trying to run an infantry autogun build and keep having to reshuffle it every run since there's always something off

you gotta have the bonus ammo on the left branch for a leadspitter, but the headshot keystone isnt the way to go for such a high recoil automatic. weapon mastery isnt great for it either, especially since it's opposite the left branch; that leaves the focus target keystone as the only one left, but i cant upgrade it since ill need to run some of the grenade perks to keep my krak nades plentiful and strong enough to actually OHKO crushers

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Owl Inspector posted:

The PC pubs I encounter on difficulty 5 are as quality as ever, but the spawns feel kinda out of control right now and it feels like it takes at least three people bringing their A game to get by, more than one weak link (i.e. controller player) and it falls apart. 5 is still doable but it feels overly unchill compared to before, not enough breathing room in the pacing

I had an absolute wall of enemies from start to finish, and we managed some really great plays, but at the end we had 3,500 kills and nearly 40 minutes of playtime. That's way too long for a run. A ton of that time was just slashing at meatier mobs like ragers and maulers and not actually progressing through the level. We basically progressed on F press at a time. I fond accomplishment, but I wouldn't really do it since the rewards on damnation aren't worth it since they don't even guarantee gold items at the end.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I know the AI director was tweaked, but it definitely feels like more elites/specials spawn in regardless of whether a team is doing well.

Unrelated to this particular patch, I'm glad the new penances are more based in skill and not based luck and/or griefing teammates like the original penances. I took a break last December and didn't come back to Darktide until this month, and it's nice that none of my pubbie teams have had players actively sabotaging the teams to try for self-destructive penances anymore.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Most of the problems I run into come from players that are way too focused on a single thing. On a single team tonight I had a Ogryn that refused to switch away from his grenade launcher (and wasn't even using the bash attack) and a psyker that refused to use a melee weapon even after getting surrounded or cornered.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I wouldn't be surprised if there's currently a bug where the director is spawning things as if all of the players were separated from the group at all times. To me it does seem like the amount extra is more or less what "this player is separated from the group" looks like * 4.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

Has anyone noticed if something happened to the Eviscerator rev attack? Feels like its doing a LOT less damage now.

Can't say I've noticed this. Ragers have more hp which might be a factor. Also who knows if a specific talent or blessing you were using was itself nerfed.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
so what am i looking for in trinkets again? +hp and toughness, forget damage resistance? also sadly im brokebrained and insist on ordo dockets, never know when you'll need cash

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

toasterwarrior posted:

so what am i looking for in trinkets again? +hp and toughness, forget damage resistance? also sadly im brokebrained and insist on ordo dockets, never know when you'll need cash

For the big blessing on each Curio, honestly, it's dealers choice. There's an argument to be made for Toughness if you have % toughness regen but they're all pretty equal. Stamina isn't a bad pick but you don't need to stack three Stamina curios.

As for secondaries, again, it's personal preference. Dockets and XP are largely a waste of a slot, as is sprint efficiency (generally). Toughness regen is good, secondary bonuses to hp or Toughness are fine but marginal. Damage resistance only really matters if you stack a shitload of it but there's an argument to be made for gunners or flamers. 30% longer survival against either one is probably only a second or two but that can be all the difference especially if either of them give you a hard time.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Purgatus staff is feeling good. RIP my voidstrike staff (for now at least)

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Mendrian posted:

For the big blessing on each Curio, honestly, it's dealers choice. There's an argument to be made for Toughness if you have % toughness regen but they're all pretty equal. Stamina isn't a bad pick but you don't need to stack three Stamina curios.

As for secondaries, again, it's personal preference. Dockets and XP are largely a waste of a slot, as is sprint efficiency (generally). Toughness regen is good, secondary bonuses to hp or Toughness are fine but marginal. Damage resistance only really matters if you stack a shitload of it but there's an argument to be made for gunners or flamers. 30% longer survival against either one is probably only a second or two but that can be all the difference especially if either of them give you a hard time.

aight, cheers and thanks

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

KPC_Mammon posted:

It is really weird being grouped with someone who is clearly very skilled at certain parts of the game (flawlessly going from melee to shooting elites with a revolver mid slide, being able to rescue the rest of us when we ended up going down) who keeps running off away from the rest of the group and losing coherency.

He complained after we lost that the rest of us weren't good enough for damnation, but it was my first loss of the day and staying near him was nearly impossible.

Why do people go off on their own if they aren't good enough to actually solo?

This guy was a veteran player? Because he sounds like a dead ringer for a guy I played with a few days ago on a Maelstrom run. I won't knock the guy's skill it was super impressive but at a certain point you have to wonder why he's queuing up for games with randoms if he's just going to slag them off for not playing at his level.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Are you running it with a rending blessing revolver? There was a bug where it applied that blessing to your melee which might have been circumventing more armor than it should.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

toasterwarrior posted:

I'll swear by sniper damage resistance. I stacked a couple and it's saved my rear end the handful of times I haven't heard the sniper spawn and/or seen the targeting laser until it was too late

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Reiley posted:

Are you running it with a rending blessing revolver? There was a bug where it applied that blessing to your melee which might have been circumventing more armor than it should.

I am running a revolver but not with that blessing, neither was a friend. We're only going off pre and post patch feelings here so its hard to be sure about anything but it seems like the revved light attack just does less damage against everything, armored or not. Where we used to be able to take out ragers in 1 or 2 hits its now taking, well, more. The revved heavy attack is now doing what we came to expect from the light attack.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I would advise against any % against a specific enemy type besides gunner, gunners show up in the dozens and if your toughness breaks before you reach them or get into cover you will get stunlocked in the open and melt, but a couple curio's against gunners makes a slight difference on a ogyn being able to shrug it off while killing everything else.
Hard to go wrong with 5% health/toughness on each curio, defense against all beats defense against some that can go minutes between showing up, other good third bonuses are stamina regen and toughness regen or even revive speed.

for big curio's, hard to go wrong with one +3 stamina on all the puny classes and health and toughness to taste, replace the stamina with a wound if you feel the need for the crutch.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

toasterwarrior posted:

aight, cheers and thanks

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I would advise against any % against a specific enemy type besides gunner, gunners show up in the dozens and if your toughness breaks before you reach them or get into cover you will get stunlocked in the open and melt, but a couple curio's against gunners makes a slight difference on a ogyn being able to shrug it off while killing everything else.
Hard to go wrong with 5% health/toughness on each curio, defense against all beats defense against some that can go minutes between showing up, other good third bonuses are stamina regen and toughness regen or even revive speed.

for big curio's, hard to go wrong with one +3 stamina on all the puny classes and health and toughness to taste, replace the stamina with a wound if you feel the need for the crutch.

Ah yeah also this:

Don't stack wounds. You just don't need to. +1 Wound is good and you can go crazy if you're playing a wound-zealot but otherwise having 3 extra downs on the average character is just a waste, you'll go down more often from the lack of health you would have gotten from curios anyway, and if you're going down 5 times between health stations the extra wounds aren't really going to save you, you should just drop down a difficulty level at that point. It's a marginal use case that isn't helping you.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I'd recently swapped from two wounds and a toughness curio to one wound, one health, one toughness on my Martyr builds. I figured 1/5 of more health is worth about 2/6 of less health so I still hit the martyr toughness damage reduction equilibrium where I stop losing health but I have more health to play with as a buffer in that last wound. I never liked running on 1/6 health but was happy on 2/6 and 8%/5% more damage/toughness damage reduction isn't worth it.

Running two +revive speeds has been fun since I'm often the last to go down and I've had a few clutches fail when I was like 95% reviving someone so making that action quicker feels like it makes it easier to slip in a gap inpressure.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
no worries, i dont roll with more than three wounds on anyone. i will stack gunner and sniper resist tho, gunners are terrifying in diff 5 and snipers always cut through your toughness so eliminating as much damage from a shot is p key imo

so weeklies done as vet, all damnation missions. for all my issues with diff 5 pubbies, i did only lose one match, so that's good

i take back what i said about marksman's focus + automatics, turns out you dont lose every stack while moving, just one by one. sweeping across a mob for headshots isn't that tough and it really gives you that badly need power buff to turn infantry autoguns into shitkickers. i still think vets could use some skill consolidation or extra points tho

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
oh, and i gotta say im still not happy with the shotguns, or at least the agripinaa shotty. it's got a weird issue where imo it's too accurate in shot groupings but not quite strong enough to kill even flak troopers in one shot, so i end up having to two tap scabs but also it cant quite chew through a mob on its own. i dunno, maybe it does need optimal stats for damnation but otherwise i feel like im wasting my drat time with them when i could just rock a revolver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Mendrian posted:

Ah yeah also this:

Don't stack wounds. You just don't need to. +1 Wound is good and you can go crazy if you're playing a wound-zealot but otherwise having 3 extra downs on the average character is just a waste, you'll go down more often from the lack of health you would have gotten from curios anyway, and if you're going down 5 times between health stations the extra wounds aren't really going to save you, you should just drop down a difficulty level at that point. It's a marginal use case that isn't helping you.
On my ogryn, wounds aren't for me, they're for my teammates.

I've been using 3 wound curios on my Ogryn because I've got to the point where I can dodge a lot of bullshit pretty handily. The extra health doesn't matter because the things that kill me are being trapper'd into a bomber grenade, caught in the open by 5-6 gunners that decide to delete me or being thrown off a ledge by a barrel or poxburster. Except in the case of railing deaths, extra wounds offer me a do-over for minimal cost to my own health, while being able to safely pass on medicae stations. Additional wounds let me take strategic downs to pull the team out of bad situations or guarantee I have enough health to revive my team. Extra med charges to teammates can sometimes save runs by helping out squishier teammates that get downed with any frequency.

On damnation we lost medicae charges on non event terminals, as well.