Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Nairbo posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1725656810449772662?s=46&t=HcndB4PE9m4tuLbKq5nReg

Elon and Linda are freaking the gently caress out about the advertisers leaving lmao
So he's gonna ban himself? I mean, I've seen weirder things on social media sites, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
rich idiots loving up is peak entertainment in 2023

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone get IMC to explain to Elon that genocide is like slavery and has been around forever

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

WhyteRyce posted:

Someone get IMC to explain to Elon that genocide is like slavery and has been around forever

That's fine, so long as people other than him don't advocate for it on his platform

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

WhyteRyce posted:

Candace Owens will do it for free in person lol

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Nairbo posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1725656810449772662?s=46&t=HcndB4PE9m4tuLbKq5nReg

Elon and Linda are freaking the gently caress out about the advertisers leaving lmao

Suspended

Not banned

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

WhyteRyce posted:

Explaining genocide to white people might make them feel bad about themselves, and that’s woke, so we can’t have that.

Don’t you just hate it when woke advertisers won’t shut up about genocide and racism? Buncha crybabies.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

fellas is it woke for a press organization to have proof of their claims

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Songbearer posted:

Suspended

Not banned

just don't do it when anyone is looking, ok champ? :ssh:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Elon: press agencies should have to cite their sources

Media matters: here's a bunch of screenshots, and you can easily generate this evidence yourself

Elon: 1488 WPWW

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Potato Salad posted:

Candace Owens will do it for free in person lol

Candace in a broken clock twist has gone full stop giving money to Israel

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Candace in a broken clock twist has gone full stop giving money to Israel

a broken clock is right because it doesn't move, and occasionally time conspires to meet with it

Candace has the opposite phenomenon: her clock is spinning so goddamn fast that she can't help but occasionally have an okay partial policy in a vacuum as she swaps from one policy preference to another between morning and afternoon gigs, in service of whatever is convenient for the Nazi poo poo she has to push on stage at that time

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

kazil posted:

the ADL loving sucks

Anyone who took them seriously before was a loving idiot, but it’s clear that the Apartheid Defense League is perfectly fine with any level of antisemitism as long as your support Zionism and the genocide of Palestinians.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Bruceski posted:

There's that and inertia, but another factor is that it (along with Discord) replaced community forums for contact. All those stories of people reaching out to the company on Twitter for technical or procedural issues. Threads is phone-only, Bluesky isn't public access yet ("I have to talk to a company rep, let me find someone with a code" doesn't work), Mastodon isn't nearly as scary as it looks but it looks scary.

Twitter was a terrible option for doing that sort of thing even before The Troubles, but it was the option people went to.

Threads launched a webapp a while ago. They also seem to be aggressively tweaking their algorithm to show current/relevant poo poo rather than just random "What's your favorite color" posts from Celebrities

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Nairbo posted:

LMAO

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

so it's either
-decolonization generally is a bad thing, which is why whites should still be in charge in south africa and rhodesia
-decolonization specifically in israel is a bad thing, which justifies settlements and cutting off civil rights for palestinians

seems like both are terrible opinions!

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Elon: All of my posts about suspending genocide and playing #DiabloIV are doing nothing! The advertisers are still bailing!

Linda: I keep posting about #sports but now Disney’s out and all of my old coworkers keep messaging “F” at me…

Elon: Our posts must not be showing up on X properly. Guys get in the Cybertruck, we’re shutting down another data center.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Fake Advocacy Groups, or [slur] for short

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
lmfao at using 'karma is real' when criticizing people you believe are falsely accusing you of advocating for genocide

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

mannerup posted:

lmfao at using 'karma is real' when criticizing people you believe are falsely accusing you of advocating for genocide

It is Elon's first amendment right to advocate for genocide and he paid $44 billion for the "privilege"

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Which advocate groups are fake hmm? please enlighten us

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

to my haters, karma is real

-man who scammed and lied his way into wealth then torched 44 billion dollars for a company that's maybe worth seven now

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Paramount now

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/17/apple-has-paused-advertising-on-x-after-musk-promoted-antisemitic-tweet.html

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
he was born into wealth with blood emeralds???

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

kazil posted:

the ADL loving sucks

lol I loving knew they would

What did he tell them on the phone?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
also can you still upload entire movies to birdsite?

does Spears still not care her IP rights are being violated and her movie is being pirated?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/animeserbia/status/1725328906578763782?s=46&t=_v3L--jlsEKPoIDfuIGAUA

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

PhazonLink posted:

does Spears still not care her IP rights are being violated and her movie is being pirated?

Spears? As in Britney Spears?

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Zoobtro posted:

rich idiots loving up is peak entertainment in 2023

Maybe I am just getting old, but I don't find this funny anymore, it just heavy because those morons are dragging us down with them.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Three Olives posted:

from the 2002 megahit Crossroads

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

What did he say that started this "deluge" of advertising suspensions? He has said so much rotten racist conspiracy poo poo the last few days that I lost track.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I saw this weird fucker earlier and it's especially infuriating because his whole gimmick is "What??? I'm simply posting graphs and statistics from studies showing that feral blacks are infinity times more likely to commit crimes and their brains are scientifically different from other races. I'm not SAYING they should be shot on sight before they steal your car and rape your wife and their monkeylike intellect is inferior to that of the pure Aryan! That's YOUR racial hangup, libtard."

Like the entire point is to be race baiting and provide fodder for bluecheck nazis while hiding behind the guise of science. How do you even deal with someone like that who isn't technically breaking the rules but sincerely thinks the numbers mean we can discriminate against other races

ghastly
Nov 10, 2023

It really doesn't surprise me that there are more "temporary" stoppages. They've got some serious issues to fix. My model 3 literally doesn't brake right sometimes, and forces braking when it's not supposed to. Hopefully my 2024 won't have these problems but I'm not holding my breath for the Emerald Nazi to do anything right.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Ubersandwich posted:

What did he say that started this "deluge" of advertising suspensions? He has said so much rotten racist conspiracy poo poo the last few days that I lost track.

all this is in response to a post calling out people saying "hitler was right"

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Three Olives posted:

if he meant Aries Spears, im very interested

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

kazil posted:

from the 2002 megahit Crossroads

No, she probably gives no fucks, she has very publicly said she hates everyone from the entertainment industry and wants nothing to do with ever again.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 18, 2023

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why doesnt Moose order Grok to recreate all those IPs from streaming service but not woke?

like make lord of the ring with no non white eleves.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Nairbo posted:

No. This is Musk doubling down.

Reminder that Musk is constantly boosting "Great Replacement Theory" bullshit. They think Brown people having the audacity to live where they live is "white genocide".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Ubersandwich posted:

People just happened to notice finally.