Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Alaois posted:

Real AEW Thread Interactions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/VinceMcMahonMan/status/1725303664703594871?t=1s0RctmEy_cbkO2g2pC5KA&s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Kota Ibushi riding a bike down to the ring looked great and was awesome.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

imagine LARPing online as Vince McMahon. sad enough, sure, but LARPing online as Vince McMahon and not even being funny about it is pretty amazing

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I cancelled my sub between them quitting on TNA and their general shift towards "AEW remembering why it was different from WWE is a bad thing" itsnot got the same insights anymore. I know I'm hard on AEW but it is because I want them to do better and aim higher than just being ok but it's because I love the company. They've now got the vibe of Watching Is My Job and there's a lack of sincerity in the criticisms now from a place of constructive feedback to instead be nah this will always be poo poo and why are people saying it was good.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Personally I'd stop doing my Vince McMahon parody account after it came out he was a rapist. That's just me though.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

The Babylon Bee of Wrestling Twitter

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Wow Bryan way to go. You nailed it. The perfect take - assuming you look at wrestling without an ounce of context. Would that spot be dumb in a normal match - hell I'd probably like it still because I like absurdity in my wrestling. But in a Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name street fight it fits about as perfectly as a glove.

Also it's Ibushi so it works as well because it reminds me of his literal street fights in DDT.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

bryan rules and the pipe hits looked like poo poo. it's not really a big deal though

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The pipe hits looked like poo poo to save space in the brutality budget for a brain buster into a loving bicycle

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It looked like Ibushi was riding a bicycle for the first time. it looked like Ibushi had just seen a bicycle for the first time and was making an educated guess at how it operated. It wasn't a great spot.

Shard posted:

But in a Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name street fight it fits about as perfectly as a glove.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah, not everything needs to be defended. Riding the bike and lightly tapping guys with the pipe looked dumb. Getting clotheslined off of and then taking a brain buster onto the bike ruled.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

It looked like Ibushi was riding a bicycle for the first time. it looked like Ibushi had just seen a bicycle for the first time and was making an educated guess at how it operated.

Thats because it was

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Gonzo McFee posted:

Personally I'd stop doing my Vince McMahon parody account after it came out he was a rapist. That's just me though.

Vince Googling is the parody account, Thoughts is more like the rimjob account

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It looked dumb but I'm forced to like it because it's the thing that all the finest wrestling fans have latched onto this week and have to repeatedly explain to you just how stupid it was and how smart they are for recognizing how dumb it was. They did the thing from the games, get over yourself

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Sometimes the things that are dumb...are also things that rule

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
In short, professional wrestling is a land of contrasts. Thank you.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Gumball Gumption posted:

It looked dumb but I'm forced to like it because it's the thing that all the finest wrestling fans have latched onto this week and have to repeatedly explain to you just how stupid it was and how smart they are for recognizing how dumb it was. They did the thing from the games, get over yourself

This seems very silly to me and pretty much why I can't get into current wrestling, at least on a social level. Who cares what a load of losers on Not Twitter say? You can just like and not like whatever you like! It's not like there's anything at stake, and it's just wrestling.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Those pipe shots looked about as devastating as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1chdsoU6hw

Bryan is absolutely correct

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

no he isnt

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

This seems very silly to me and pretty much why I can't get into current wrestling, at least on a social level. Who cares what a load of losers on Not Twitter say? You can just like and not like whatever you like! It's not like there's anything at stake, and it's just wrestling.

It's a really long way for me to say "it looked dumb, loved it"

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's a really long way for me to say "it looked dumb, loved it"

yea they looked extremely weak/fake but it was still funny and i don't know how ppl could watch the rest of the show and think they didn't see enough stuff that looked/was painful.

take that spot out of the match and alvarez + the various stan accounts would be doing the exact same amount of insincere complaining, they would just choose a different target. who cares either way.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Thats because it was

the moment he got on that bike and started losing his balance before even starting to move i knew we were in for something interesting

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Riding bikes and using them as weapons has a long & storied history in professional wrestling and anyone who complains about it is obviously just a mark

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Fish Of Doom posted:

Those pipe shots looked about as devastating as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1chdsoU6hw

Bryan is absolutely correct

WHUT

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cary Silkin seeing dollar signs during the filming of The Wrestler:

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1725680286489255949

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRafTer posted:

Leslie knows what happened to the Von Erichs, don't they?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

the basic premise of leslie's post is that people will watch a historical movie and then become frustrated that the world around them has changed since that time

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
Matches with invisible or inanimate wrestlers are often good, unlike the tweets that show up in this thread.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

Leslie knows what happened to the Von Erichs, don't they?

Yeah he's aware they worked for a small time indie and one of them eventually made it to the big leagues.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He's right, I saw Oppenheimer and immediately started building my own bomb

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

World Princess posted:

Matches with invisible or inanimate wrestlers are often good, unlike the tweets that show up in this thread.

So invisble man vs invisible stan, but who is the break dancing referee?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MassRafTer posted:

Person sees The Iron Claw, goes to an indy show, leaves disappointed and confused that all the wrestlers were alive.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So you’re saying there should be more deathmatch shows ?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
it's true, every non fan I've shown silly stuff like Yoshiko, Danhausen, or Omega's match against a 9 year old vomits, cries, and shits themselves while screaming about killing the business.
They just wanted to see some fundamentals and I ruined the sport for them forever.

By the time Penta and Vikingo's match started
at an indie show I recently went to, the building was empty. Every comedy spot resulted in half the crowd storming out. When they saw Penta in his joker gear? The remaining few people shuffled out.
On the way to my car I overheard a sobbing child ask their parent "Daddy, why don't they understand psychology these days?" Their parents didn't have an answer.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 18, 2023

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Defenestrategy posted:

So invisble man vs invisible stan, but who is the break dancing referee?

I suspect he means Bryce since he was reffing that match and Leslie probably referred to Bryce's 'reactions' to the match as breakdancing.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

coconono posted:

So you’re saying there should be more deathmatch shows ?

It's what the new indy wrestling The Iron Claw devotees demand!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ugh, hate these modern gimmick matches. Give me proper serious wrestling like Bobby Heenan being put in a weasel suit.

I am just cracking up at the idea of people watching the tragedy of the Von Erich family and going "I should watch more local wrestling". It would be like watching The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover and thinking "I should go to more restaurants"

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Nov 18, 2023

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I really think you should all chill out because it's wrestling and paid influencers, though that said, I l recommend The Cook, the Thief, his Wife and her Lover. Great unapologetic satire on Thatcherism.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/keith_okie/status/1725717759747674344

as a bonus The Wrestling Orc weighs in
https://twitter.com/WrestlingOrc/status/1725799433680355662

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I hear you, Wrestling Orc